• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
That's not what I said I said thorned greatsword at max uninfused is stronger than a maxed uninfused defenders. Thorned uninfused has the same lightning damage at max as an uninfused defenders which is 80. Thorned is stronger physically at 210 with the better scaling for STR/DEX.

The infusion raises thorned lightnig damage to 112 and gives it B FTH scaling. That coupled with sunlight, lightning clutch and blades +2 would be stronger than a defenders would be. It's still got the higher physical damage than the defender and better scaling even when infused.
Ohhhh I see. Sorry for misreading.

Heide infused with lightning loses its B STR scaling and gains B FTH scaling and a fair bit of lightning damage. It's probably better to infuse it if you want more lightning damage and FTH scaling if no then normal should suffice. Thing to remember is that it unlike the grand lance or rampart lance it's thrust only not thrust/strike.
Are you looking up this stuff every time, or do you all know this by heart? You're a real encyclopaedia. :)

Mistel

Banned
Wait....wat?
They drop them and they're easy to farm for it. Drop rates not great but you have higher as a phantom.
Are you looking up this stuff every time, or do you all know this by heart? You're a real encyclopaedia. :)
Remember most of it like the general stuff and scaling and maxed infusions. Other than maybe a few quirky ones.
I heard histories about her running naked in the Duke's archives
Why would I streak through an archive nude?

They drop them and they're easy to farm for it. Drop rates not great but you have higher as a phantom.

Remember most of it like the general stuff and scaling and maxed infusions. Other than maybe a few quirky ones.

Why would I streak through an archive nude?

Who drops em?
The evil lightning reindeer?

I only need a Rampart Golem Helm and I'm set! One (at least) of each items obtained in the game, or the last one in an "exchange line".
My idea of a perfect save anyway.

Soon I'll be done, soon!

I only need a Rampart Golem Helm and I'm set! One (at least) of each items obtained in the game, or the last one in an "exchange line".
My idea of a perfect save anyway.

Soon I'll be done, soon!

-hours of item grinding later- ANYTIME NOW!

I honestly think that From has some sort of algorithm that looks at your characters starting class, build, etc and then determines drop rates based off that. For example, you have a character who needs a blacksteel katana HE YEARNS for a blacksteel katana. You drive every Alonne knight in Iron Keep to extinction while having max item discovery. You don't get that blacksteel katana, your character can never fulfill his purpose in life. Then you have a Cleric, a character who will never need a blacksteel katana ever, in fact he would be upset if he DID get one due to the fact that he will never utilize it ever. First Alonne knight you kill drops it, with no item discovery gear.

-hours of item grinding later- ANYTIME NOW!

I honestly think that From has some sort of algorithm that looks at your characters starting class, build, etc and then determines drop rates based off that. For example, you have a character who needs a blacksteel katana HE YEARNS for a blacksteel katana. You drive every Alonne knight in Iron Keep to extinction while having max item discovery. You don't get that blacksteel katana, your character can never fulfill his purpose in life. Then you have a Cleric, a character who will never need a blacksteel katana ever, in fact he would be upset if he DID get one due to the fact that he will never utilize it ever. First Alonne knight you kill drops it, with no item discovery gear.

Haha, it sure does feel that way. I had the exact same problem with so many other items. My melee toon could never get a Gyrm Greatshield, but my hexer got 4. My melee toon never got the blacksteel katana, and my hexer did first time through before Smelter, no item gear.

I have tried farming for the Llewellyn set for so long, the stone knights have been farmed to extinction numerous times and those damn gauntlets refuse to drop, I have like 5 of each other piece. So frustrating.

Why are we so tiny compared to everything in Souls games. Even other humans tower over us. I was watching Blooborne and it seems to be the same. Are we like four foot nothing?

Why are we so tiny compared to everything in Souls games. Even other humans tower over us. I was watching Blooborne and it seems to be the same. Are we like four foot nothing?

Imposing atmosphere compared to your fragile starting nature. Bloodborne is slightly different since you are a
vampire

Most NPCs are our height, but boss wise I think they do it to be more intimidating the first time you see them. Think about it, if you went into a boss fight which would cause you to be more intimidated, someone your height or someone that towers over you and could squash you like a bug? Plus most of the time they're either Giant creatures, demons, or some weird monster.

Svafnir

So I lost my Dark Souls 2 save... I beat the game and don't feel like doing it all over again. Can I play the DLC fine on a starting character? Or do i really need to beat the game again. (Is it possible to download a save that has the game finished, then go do the DLC perhaps?)

Thanks! Also how do you access the DLC?

Most NPCs are our height, but boss wise I think they do it to be more intimidating the first time you see them. Think about it, if you went into a boss fight which would cause you to be more intimidated, someone your height or someone that towers over you and could squash you like a bug? Plus most of the time they're either Giant creatures, demons, or some weird monster.

I think that feature was a bit overused in Dark Souls 2, you fight normal enemies yet the devs makes them bigger anyway.

So I lost my Dark Souls 2 save... I beat the game and don't feel like doing it all over again. Can I play the DLC fine on a starting character? Or do i really need to beat the game again. (Is it possible to download a save that has the game finished, then go do the DLC perhaps?)

Thing is you access the DLC from different points in the game.
Crown of The Sunken King is accessed from the room after The Rotten, Crown of The Iron King is after Old Iron King, and Crown of The Ivory King is from Shrine of Winter
You could probably download someone else's saves, but people have apparently received soft-bans for it.

Svafnir

Thing is you access the DLC from different points in the game.
Crown of The Sunken King is accessed from the room after The Rotten, Crown of The Iron King is after Old Iron King, and Crown of The Ivory King is from Shrine of Winter
You could probably download someone else's saves, but people have apparently received soft-bans for it.

Guess I will beat the game again, atleast this time I am better at it.

Yes you can play it on a starting character, the items just appears in your inventory so you can access the DLC anytime but you need to kill the boss before the DLC area to reach the DLC.

With the exception of one boss from the Iron King dlc that needs the ashen mist from the ancient dragon to be accessed.

after all 3 dlcs are beaten, is there anything to do with the actual crowns?

Each crown has a special ability; The first takes 1 point away from VIT and VIG but adds 1 point to STR, DEX, END, FTH, and INT, the second passively increases spell casts, and the third passively heals you. When you have those three, plus Vendricks crown, going inside Vendricks memory and speaking with him will cause him to upgrade your crowns. Whenever you are wearing one of the four crowns you are immune to curse build up, will not go hollow upon death, and I think you don't get petrified either...someone would need to verify that though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Each crown has a special ability; The first takes 1 point away from VIT and VIG but adds 1 point to STR, DEX, END, FTH, and INT, the second passively increases spell casts, and the third passively heals you. When you have those three, plus Vendricks crown, going inside Vendricks memory and speaking with him will cause him to upgrade your crowns. Whenever you are wearing one of the four crowns you are immune to curse build up, will not go hollow upon death, and I think you don't get petrified either...someone would need to verify that though.

That sounds sweet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

You can be petrified.

Hypron

The immunity to getting cursed must make Nashandra a complete pushover. Like, the fight would be close to entering Pinwheel territory.

After farming the 50 Loyce Souls and finishing up all the little end game items, I can finally retire DS2. After the DLCs, I think this will end up much higher on my GOTY list than originally expected after the vanilla base game.

Final playtime for my one and only character: 260 hours, finished NG3+

So, does anything happens once you have the 3 crowns ?

I just finished the DLC, I talked to Vendrick and got a very brief cutscene, is that all there is ? I know I shouldn't have but I was expecting an actual ending to the game this time... Am I missing something ?

They should've named them the "Freaking Outskirts" or something worse. Just visited the area thinking it couldn't be that bad... but I still need to kill those guys... argh %$&$@#"$%$#%&$/&!!!!!

I suppose I'll try tomorrow since the NPCs are not helping at all. I hope fromsoft makes those multiplayer areas easier once the number of players online decrease, otherwise I don't think I'd be able to beat those bosses again in the future (not that I'd like to even try that).

It's cool I don't even need to use human effigies again. Tell me the effect of wearing a crown will be there once I start NG+. BTW, what items will I loose once I start NG+?, I'll try NG+ once I'm done with this area.

After farming the 50 Loyce Souls and finishing up all the little end game items, I can finally retire DS2. After the DLCs, I think this will end up much higher on my GOTY list than originally expected after the vanilla base game.

Final playtime for my one and only character: 260 hours, finished NG3+

How long did it take to farm the Loyce Souls? It is slow going for me. I get 1 soul in 2 out of 3 summons. This is with the Gold Serpent ring and the Symbol of Avarice equipped. I am however swimming in Charred Loyce gear.

How long did it take to farm the Loyce Souls? It is slow going for me. I get 1 soul in 2 out of 3 summons. This is with the Gold Serpent ring and the Symbol of Avarice equipped. I am however swimming in Charred Loyce gear.

Isn't it dependent on the host? Whenever I seem to pick drops, so does everyone else.

I can't tell if the guy I just fought was move-swapping or if it was just weird lag. He cast Dark Orb at me with a Target Shield but apart from that it was a totally normal fight.

--

I finally finished the third DLC with my second character so I could get the Ivory King UGS which is pretty cool. The range on it is huge and the added damage with the auto-buff you get while two-handing it is great.

I can't tell if the guy I just fought was move-swapping or if it was just weird lag. He cast Dark Orb at me with a Target Shield but apart from that it was a totally normal fight.

--

I finally finished the third DLC with my second character so I could get the Ivory King UGS which is pretty cool. The range on it is huge and the added damage with the auto-buff you get while two-handing it is great.

What is the 2H buff?

Top Bottom