• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Mistel

Banned
It's a shame that you can't make the Giant lords sword really. I mean considering that most of the boss weapons aren't great I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Grinchy

Banned
Good to know, thanks. Guess I'll put one more point into ADP and then start pumping up my INT and FTH.

To be more specific, Agility stops at 110 if I understand properly. You get Agility from Attunement as well as ADP. So if you see yourself get to 110 Agility, it's probably time to stop pumping points into ADP.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So there's this weird phenomenon going on in my NG+ playthrough where background details that weren't there before are now suddenly there. During NG, Drangleic Castle was just there with nothing but black sky around it and no rain at all and now in NG+ there's like an entire moonlit/sun peaking through the stormy weather and there is now rain everywhere? Wat da fuuuu
The absence of background around Drangleic was the glitch. It was fixed in the latest patch/calibration.

Not sure what you mean about those statues in Undead Crypt...?

Gigarator

It is done.

ACtALDt.jpg

Can't wait to start all over again come Friday!

zma1013

The absence of background around Drangleic was the glitch. It was fixed in the latest patch/calibration.

Not sure what you mean about those statues in Undead Crypt...?

In the room where the
King
is, there're all these statues in the background around the arena. I swear I didn't see them there in NG.

^ Congrats Gigarator :)

Does the Mad Warrior stop spawning after so many kills like other enemies? I didn't get a single drop from the stupid looking bastard :(

zma1013

Does the Mad Warrior stop spawning after so many kills like other enemies? I didn't get a single drop from the stupid looking bastard :(

He spawns infintely. I had to kill him over 60 times to get all 5 items to drop over a 3-4 hour time period of doing nothing but running back and forth from the bonfire.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Nope he spawns infinitely. Make sure you wear the prisoner's tatters, jester's hat and gold serpent ring +1 or +2. Also using some coins doesn't hurt.

It must've just been a bad run - I had about 15 bonfire rests without him appearing. I am wearing explorer's hat and gold serpent ring+1, guess it's time to up that. Thanks guys.

Arjen

In the room where the
King
is, there're all these statues in the background around the arena. I swear I didn't see them there in NG.

I know what you mean, I only noticed them when I got there in NG+ never noticed them on the previous 2 playtroughs.

It must've just been a bad run - I had about 15 bonfire rests without him appearing. I am wearing explorer's hat and gold serpent ring+1, guess it's time to up that. Thanks guys.

I used Merchant's hat, gold serpent ring +1, and prisoner taters, along with that ring that increases invasions. When I saw that he had spawned, I used a rusted coin. I ended up using about 30 rusted coins.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I used Merchant's hat, gold serpent ring +1, and prisoner taters, along with that ring that increases invasions. When I saw that he had spawned, I used a rusted coin. I ended up using about 30 rusted coins.
I wow I didn't even think about using the delicate string ring. Good call.

Didn't think of using the invasion ring.

Awesome.

I used the Jester's Hat, Gold Covetous Serpent Ring+2, Lucky Coins and the invasion ring. Granted, though, I can't say for certain if the invasion ring actually ended up making him appear more often. I had a lots of instances of him spawning in three times in a row, then nothing for like 20.

zma1013

I don't think it's comfirmed whether or not that has any effect on his spawning as there is no formal invasion taking place. He's just a red phantom standing there. He's either there or he's not.

I used the Jester's Hat, Gold Covetous Serpent Ring+2, Lucky Coins and the invasion ring. Granted, though, I can't say for certain if the invasion ring actually ended up making him appear more often. I had a lots of instances of him spawning in three times in a row, then nothing for like 20.

I had that happen, too. The Delicate String is no guarantee.

Also, wear fall protection, so you can run out and see if he spawned, and then just drop down to the bonfire to save ladder climbing time. I wore the Josie and the Pussy Cats Leggings.

I had that happen, too. The Delicate String is no guarantee.

Also, wear fall protection, so you can run out and see if he spawned, and then just drop down to the bonfire to save ladder climbing time. I wore the Josie and the Pussy Cats Leggings.

Ha, yeah, I wore the cat ring, too, for that quick drop down to the bonfire. I think I would have done it earlier but got some unreliable info online before I started farming. Info I had said he would spawn right outside the door to the Belfry. And of course, later realized it was a bit further in. So probably wasted an hour of climb up, look out door, don't see him, drop back down, bonfire, etc, before I got wise to my mistake. :(

Damn, I need to do the chariot boss to buy that ring right. Dual rapiers, should be an interesting fight with the skellies! :|

I am wearing the cat ring though for faster reseting.

So, you can drop items for other players when you get summoned? If so, I could totally just give someone the entire Mad Warrior set. I farmed it only because I had to max out the Bell Keepers covenant. Have no interest in the loot he dropped.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So, you can drop items for other players when you get summoned? If so, I could totally just give someone the entire Mad Warrior set. I farmed it only because I had to max out the Bell Keepers covenant. Have no interest in the loot he dropped.
Tell me you're on PS3. Surreal_Blue is my psn.

Mistel

Banned
Just give it to the first person who summons you as you can drop weapons, armor and shields in co-op.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
In the room where the
King
Hmm, don't remember. I'm close to reaching him with my newest character, and I have someone in NG+, so I'll check it out and compare. I'm guessing it's probably just another glitch they fixed and it coincided with you looking at pre-patch NG and post-patch NG+, however, much like the Drangleic Castle skybox glitch.

I think everything mentioned above with Drangleic Castle and Vendrick's crypt were fixed by a patch, because I only reached those areas in NG after 1.03 came out and they were all there.

Nearly had a heart attack after killing Freja (the last boss I needed in NG++ to go to Drangleic Castle) I forgot to touch the red thing and embrace the hot soul.
Went to Shrine of Winter and the door wouldn't open. Thought it was a glitch.

Anyways plat here I come.

zma1013

Nearly had a heart attack after killing Freja (the last boss I needed in NG++ to go to Drangleic Castle) I forgot to touch the red thing and embrace the hot soul.
Went to Shrine of Winter and the door wouldn't open. Thought it was a glitch.

Anyways plat here I come.

Yeah that never made sense to me as no other boss in the game works like that. Freja is the only one you have to touch the glowy red thing on the ground afterwards and I don't know why.

Got sick of farming Mad Warrior. Took off item discovery gear and tooled up for normal play. Took off cat ring. Plummeted to death. Climbed back up to collect souls. Took a peak. Mad Warrior spawned. Killed him, dropped his stupid mask.

Item discovery Dark Souls style.

Yeah that never made sense to me as no other boss in the game works like that. Freja is the only one you have to touch the glowy red thing on the ground afterwards and I don't know why.

Well if nothing else it's the indicator that something's up with that spot, which there is.

Plat got. Fits nicely beside my Demon's Souls platinum as the two only Playstation games I ever got platinum in, lol.

Wgr17a1.png

I'll probably have to unplug my PS3 now. RIP

Mistel

Banned
Of course they match lady, one of then looks like gwyndolin veil but purple.

Its looks like it drops from the mage phantom in Sol bell but I cant see them anymore to test it. I am in their covenant but no result at all
Ooh I should farm that for fashion souls does it look good with the desert sorceress top perchance? Maybe the skirt and boots too?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Knocked out an 8 page paper today in a fit of deadline desperation and finally got a chance to play a bit for the first time since the weekend. Took out Smelter Demon after some close calls, pain in the ass he was. More importantly, opened up Shrine of Winter and made my approach to Drangleic Castle. Wow. Best moment of the game for me as far as atmosphere and reveal. I actually left Iron Keep unfinished to do this so yeah, bonfire warping isn't so terrible in some cases.

^ lol, well hope you're at 45% for her sake!

I still don't know how much ADP influences your dodging, I've still only put 10 points into it, aftet never really touching it on previous characters - but this being a dual wield, no shield build I've stuck to the 30% break point in equipment load (haven't really looked but picked up from discussion that 30 and 70 are the % break points this time around?) - and that to me makes a huge difference.

When I think back to how much trouble I had against Vendrick with my base 4 ADP and 70% equipment load cleric, I'm sure had I had 30% instead my failed dodge rolls would've been successful. The visual animation difference between the two are deceptive because rolling around they don't look that different, but using them in combat the difference is night and day, I don't get clipped anywhere near as much as before.

I love the Dragonrider set, except for the helm. But throw in the Mask of Judgment and it fits perfectly. So badass.

Sucks how all the cool looking armor always seems to use Twinkling Titanite though.

Top Bottom