• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people keep coming into this tower, it's so impossible to get to the top -- seems to be 2 grey spirits defending it each time. got 14 chunks of titanite now, only stopped because online got messed up and it seemed like a good stopping point.

now that I have this, I'm still missing the large titanite to bridge my wearpons to the chunks. any idea where to find this stuff?

Really? I guess I got lucky, first time I went in the tower, I did die, because one of them invaded right in my back after I killed one while I was occupied hitting a midget. Second time around tho, Only had to deal with one after I had killed the one midget on the first floor, then went unto the roof, killed all of the rest of the small people and then proceeded to ring the bell.

Then I got invaded 2-3 times, killing them one after the other and went on after to summon a guy and kill those Gargoyles.

Hey, can someone that's pretty far in the game help me out. On the wiki there's a game progress map of the different zones.

http://i.imgur.com/4UeHK2J.jpg

It shows that the Cardinal Tower area in the Forest of the Giants contains
a Large Soul of one of the Old Ones
. Did I miss that somehow? Or is it a mistake in the guide?

RobbieNick

I'm currently renting it and except for one bad jump, I haven't dies yet and finished the first boss (bosses?Since there were two). How am I doing?

Also, LOL at finding the bonfire AFTER killing the two giant enemies.

I'm currently renting it and except for one bad jump, I haven't dies yet and finished the first boss (bosses?Since there were two). How am I doing?

Also, LOL at finding the bonfire AFTER killing the two giant enemies.

..Those aren't bosses. You're talking about those giant hippos in the tutorial area, right? because the true first boss is
A giant tree looking monster that when gets to half health, snaps his own arm off to take as a weapon

Plus the first bonfire is right next to the house where the 3 old ladies are..

Arcayne

Goddamn! 1 shot the second Forest of the Giants boss
The Pursuer
after rerolling to a Cleric from a Knight. Now I'm doing some jolly coop for the same boss... never did coop in DkS1, man its fun. Lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So how do you use the
soul vessel?

Also really glad I made a detour to find the
cartographer and his mansion.

a question : saw an user review of the game on metacritic complaining that the lock-on system didn't work all that well, any truth in this?

on a side note : it's getting mostly positive professional reviews, saw only 1 French magazine giving it 7/10 and that one's gone now on metacritic?

Arcayne

a question : saw an user review of the game on metacritic complaining that the lock-on system didn't work all that well, any truth in this?

on a side note : it's getting mostly positive professional reviews, saw only 1 French magazine giving it 7/10 and that one's gone now on metacritic?

Lock on system is fine, ps3 version here.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It works about as well as demon's souls and dark souls, which is to say that it's functional at best.

Just
go back to the three witches in the beginning.

Cool.

Shinjica

Noted that too. French review is disappeared from Metacritic

Sakura

Er what does it mean when you are summoned to a world as a grey phantom? I was just in the pit, and suddenly it said I was being summoned even though I was hollow. Then I killed the guy there and it said target destroyed? Was it part of the game?

Robot Pants

The layout of the different areas with respect to each other is about as unintuitive as can be. I honestly cannot tell where I should actually be. I've just kind of meandered about fighting whatever boss I come across. Beaten
the giant, Pursuer, Dragonrider, Ornstein, the rat swarm, and the sentinels
. Also found myself in
Belfry Luna
, but it just feels like there's no rhyme or reason to where I'm going and what I'm fighting. Nothing feels like a cohesive progression order, and the game is kind of disappointing to me because of that.
I agree 100% with this

Totalriot

Does anyone have any experience with using an XB360 controller on the PS3? Do the adapters work?

After playing Dark Souls with the XB360 controller on PC for the last year, playing with the DS3 does not feel right..

Jb

Oh my fucking God, did the
Covetous
Demon just eat all my
equiped armour, weapons and rings
?

:'(

Edit: phew,
it's not permanent

MilkBeard

I guess. All I know is that I fought like 10 people and there was not one backstab in all those matches. That would never happen in DS1.

Backstabs are still there, I've been doing them a lot to the enemies. Each weapon class has a different animation. The secret for a good backstab, is this: secretly carry a knife. Don't use it in the fight, but then switch to it right as you get behind someone. It does insane backstab damage.

cheezcake

I think it is better. But I also think it is quite a bit easier so far.

Damn son I'm finding this game WAY harder than DS1, the death penalty hurts so damn much early game because the amount of effigies you have is so limited.

Getting to a katana takes an annoyingly long time in this game. You can start to get them at (Area Spoiler)
The Iron Keep, where the Alonne Knights drop them.

Speaking of, got a Blacksteel Katana (this game's Iaito equivalent) earlier today. Finally, I am reunited with my old friend.

Hnnnghhh I'm only at Lost Bastille so I probably have a ways to go, and I think I'm one of few people who preferred the iaito over the uchi so I know what weapon I'm on the lookout for now :p

Carcetti

Wonder what I'm doing wrong but someone mentioned npc summons on bosses and I'm about 15 bosses down and haven't seen any available. I regularly use effigies to max hp too on the bosses as well.

LordCanti

Wonder what I'm doing wrong but someone mentioned npc summons on bosses and I'm about 15 bosses down and haven't seen any available. I regularly use effigies to max hp too on the bosses as well.

They're there, they just aren't always in the most obvious spot (right in front of the door). Not on every boss, but if you've done 15, you should have seen some.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Are you in champion's covenant? They disable all summons

RoeBear

Oh my fucking God, did the
Covetous
Demon just eat all my
equiped armour, weapons and rings
?

:'(

Edit: phew,
it's not permanent

LMAO when this happened to me I
Spammed firebombs. I was so scared my stuff would disappear.

Does anyone have any info on the Name-engraved Ring? Supposedly it makes it easier to co-op with friends.

From Reddit:

Honestly the best thing to do with friends I've found is purchase the Name-Engraved Ring from the cat in Majula for ~5000 souls.
All you have to do to connect to each other is put the ring on, select the same deity and within 30 seconds you'll be seeing your friend's summon sign.
What's cool about it is that as long as you have that ring on you wont see ANYBODY else's summon signs unless they also have the ring on with the same deity as you. Also works the other way where nobody will see your sign unless they have it on as well.

Dresden

Getting pretty fond of the Heide Knight Sword. Still haven't found any other faith scaling weapon.

No one sees that thrust coming after the first 1HR2 sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom