• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm think I missed this, too. Where is it exactly?

The bonfire is the one where the old lady sells stuff in the Forest of the Giants castle. It's the wall across from where a zombie guy is on a ledge throwing bombs at you. Right above the section where the ballista(?) guys try to shoot you

Getting a little frustrated.

-Stuck in forest if giants, found dead end, cant go further
-Saw some boss guy fly in on a eagle, an ran away since I had no health pots left, he wont come back.
-No Idea how to get the boss to spawn in the wharf.

And god damn, the AI is a hell of a lot more aggressive in this game.

Im trying hard to not use a wiki/walkthrough on my first time through.

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Could someone help me out? I feel like I've explored every nook and cranny of Forest of the Lost Giants except for one spot, and I don't know how to get to it.
You know that part where you get the flame sword? Well, exit that cave and go left. That raised area.

thanks

If you mean an area where there's a fallen soldier with a dropped item don't bother about that, you'll go to that area way later in the game

As a dual-wielder, how do I get in Power Stance? It read that you have to hold triangle/Y, but it just two-hands my left hand weapon.

The two weapons have to be of the same type, and your Str and Dex have to be 1.5x greater than the highest weapon's normal requirement.

Mid/late? Boss spoilers:
Royal Rat Authority
is total bullshit. What a poorly designed fight. Killing the
adds
isn't hard, but this fucker hits like a truck and doesn't give you time to move. Burned all my effigies trying to wait for someone to co-op it but nobody is laying signs there. Is there any trick to killing him?

Mendrox

Getting a little frustrated.

-Stuck in forest if giants, found dead end, cant go further
-Saw some boss guy fly in on a eagle, an ran away since I had no health pots left, he wont come back.
-No Idea how to get the boss to spawn in the wharf.

And god damn, the AI is a hell of a lot more aggressive in this game.

Im trying hard to not use a wiki/walkthrough on my first time through.

1) Fought the Last Giant? If yes, you got a key after that.
2) Use the key when you go the ladder down, past the escalator, through the exit where two enemies will try to gank you, go right through the door, go stairs up, kill Eagle Guy
3) Use the switch to spawn the ship. It is on the highest area in this area, it is also the point where you drop down to a corpse and loot something, where you have to drop down the house with the enemies which fear torches. Don't go down to the corpse but look to the right on this wood platform to find the obvious big switch. Ship will spawn and you can go down down down there and to the ship. Be aware that there are many enemies and also a teacher for sorcerecy spells.

Sullichin

It's for the
Brotherhood of Blood
. You knee at a statue for matchmaking when in the covenant. That's how invaders earn their Cracked Red Eye Orbs. :)

Oh I was wondering how to get those. I thought you got them from the
covenant guy by using tokens of spite and killing invaders
and was wondering why he won't give me any.

Risible

Could someone help me out? Need to know if Dark Souls 2 regular edition for the PS3 comes with a manual or not. Bought it from Gamestop and it seemed like it might have ebeen re-shrunk, and it had no manual in it.

Tirod

Oh I was wondering how to get those. I thought you got them from the
covenant guy by using tokens of spite and killing invaders
and was wondering why he won't give me any.

That's what I thought too! When you talk to him though, he mentions that
if you kill your members in a duel, he'll reward you with an orb.
:)

Risible

I totally forgot that Snuggly (and someone else? It sounded like two different voices to me) was in the tutorial area. Anyone done any trades with her yet?

I did, I traded
the something petrified starter gift
and got a
petrified dragon stone or something like that

Sullichin

That's what I thought too! When you talk to him though, he mentions that if you kill your members in a duel, he'll reward you with an orb. :)

Yeah, I misunderstood that thinking "use this item to lure invaders to you, if you kill one you'll get an orb", didn't realize it was a proper duel thing. Awesome.

Fhtagn

I am really impressed that every time I've encountered a boss and decided to explore some more instead of fighting it, I've discovered stuff elsewhere that I missed on my first run through each area.
non-magic merchant in wharf, pursuer boss door in forest fort, the cartographer, the path to huntsman's copse, etc

Reminds me a lot of King's Field IV where I said "Nope!" at first sight to at least two bosses that I then fought five hours later after finding tons of other places to go instead.

Sephzilla

so is my ps3 on the fritz or do things like item images in the menus take a second to load now?

They do. Sometimes it will take upwards of 5-10 seconds for the Emerald Herald's menu to come up. It also seems like it takes a second or two to load each segment of someone's dialogue.

Because some of the NPCs in the game.

Like to talk like this.

And it's kind of annoying.

Mid/late? Boss spoilers:
Royal Rat Authority
is total bullshit. What a poorly designed fight. Killing the
adds
isn't hard, but this fucker hits like a truck and doesn't give you time to move. Burned all my effigies trying to wait for someone to co-op it but nobody is laying signs there. Is there any trick to killing him?

You can't summon for that fight, so you've been pretty much using your effigies for nothing. lol I just beat him last night after almost snapping my controller in half. I'll put a strategy a few spaces down in case you want the help or if not so you can avoid it.

First thing you want to do is kill the smaller rats quickly. Find a strategy that works for you based on your build, fire works well on them I've found. Then once the big fucker comes out (well, by the point, he'll probably be out already) you'll want to get underneath him and stay there. That's the one spot where he can't hit you. Hack away at him and when he jumps around just run straight at him till you get underneath him again. I don't think I got hit a single time after nailing that strategy.

1) Fought the Last Giant? If yes, you got a key after that.
2) Use the key when you go the ladder down, past the escalator, through the exit where two enemies will try to gank you, go right through the door, go stairs up, kill Eagle Guy
3) Use the switch to spawn the ship. It is on the highest area in this area, it is also the point where you drop down to a corpse and loot something, where you have to drop down the house with the enemies which fear torches. Don't go down to the corpse but look to the right on this wood platform to find the obvious big switch. Ship will spawn and you can go down down down there and to the ship. Be aware that there are many enemies and also a teacher for sorcerecy spells.

Got the key and it opened the area with the turtle looking guys, cleared it out, find the bonfire inside the tower and the statue of the last giant, but I didn't see anywhere else to go.

I must be blind, Ive run around up there several times, even found the hidden cave behind the breakable wall. I did not see a bell. Ill have to play some more when Im not dead ass tired from working too much.

So, I think I completely passed this by accident and went off in a completely different direction from everyone else... How does one get to
Huntsman's Copse?
After
The Lost Sinner
I went straight to the
Shaded Woods
and now I'm a few areas ahead of that, but it seems to me that most people went to that first mentioned area before where I'm at. I'm just curious to see what I missed since I don't seem to be very good at finding hidden passages or the like...

Also, this
Pursuer
boss, what area is he/she the boss of?

Clockwork5

These sound glitches fuck with my flow. A giant is swinging his sword wildly in tight quarters? Its cool DS... Just de-sync the sound effects for a few seconds.

I could have sworn that when I digitally pre-ordered, it said I'd get the dynamic theme and the weapons. Now I'm not so sure anymore... The EU digital pre-order certainly has them advertised.
Yeah, I haven't rechecked but they definitely were in my download list when I preordered the game on EU PSN. They appeared as these "auto download when available" items, as the main game did.

Then again, in my experience, EU and US digital preorders behave differently: I've always had the option to preload games for my EU account, with games appearing immediately on my download list, preloading when available and activating on release.
OTOH, with my 3 digital US preorders, all I had was a theme or some shit and later on, I had to go download them from the store, not my DL list.

You can't summon for that fight, so you've been pretty much using your effigies for nothing. lol I just beat him last night after almost snapping my controller in half. I'll put a strategy a few spaces down in case you want the help or if not so you can avoid it.

First thing you want to do is kill the smaller rats quickly. Find a strategy that works for you based on your build, fire works well on them I've found. Then once the big fucker comes out (well, by the point, he'll probably be out already) you'll want to get underneath him and stay there. That's the one spot where he can't hit you. Hack away at him and when he jumps around just run straight at him till you get underneath him again. I don't think I got hit a single time after nailing that strategy.

Thanks! I figured it was a
Sif
style deal but getting
under him
is rough. Guess I'll have to try killing
the adds
a different way that will give me more time to move in without him hitting me before I can move.

Sakura

So, I think I completely passed this by accident and went off in a completely different direction from everyone else... How does one get to
Huntsman's Copse?
After
The Lost Sinner
I went straight to the
Shaded Woods
and now I'm a few areas ahead of that, but it seems to me that most people went to that first mentioned area before where I'm at. I'm just curious to see what I missed since I don't seem to be very good at finding hidden passages or the like...

Also, this
Pursuer
boss, what area is he/she the boss of?

Pursuer is a boss in the giants forest. To get to Huntsman's Copse, go through the path that would lead you to New Anor Londo, and use the contraption.

Are you supposed to have a white soapstone right away? I haven't found one.

From Majula I went straight to
Heide Tower of Flame
and fought
the 2 bosses there (Cathedral of Blue and the guy with the shield)
and I continued on to the place where you meet
Lucatiel
. Am I on the right track here? Is there not a set order you're supposed to do things? I assumed as long as I was able to beat the enemies in the area I was going the right way (sort of like DS1).

Anyone who trudged through
Heide Tower of Flame
know the answers to the above?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I have a mechanic question, feel free to spoiler tag the answer: are there methods to reset enemy extinction in a particular area on the same playthrough? Once the enemies are entirely gone that is.

Sakura

I have a mechanic question, feel free to spoiler tag the answer: are there methods to reset enemy extinction in a particular area on the same playthrough? Once the enemies are entirely gone that is.

Yes. You can use an item. It makes the enemies harder though I believe.

Yeah, I haven't rechecked but they definitely were in my download list when I preordered the game on EU PSN. They appeared as these "auto download when available" items, as the main game did.

Then again, in my experience, EU and US digital preorders behave differently: I've always had the option to preload games for my EU account, with games appearing immediately on my download list, preloading when available and activating on release.
OTOH, with my 3 digital US preorders, all I had was a theme or some shit and later on, I had to go download them from the store, not my DL list.

Oh well, at least I got the game as early as possible. Didn't have the patience to wait for the EU version.

Clevinger

Yes.
There's an item you can burn at bonfires to reset the respawn number. However, the enemies in that area will be at New Game+ strength.

Anyone who trudged through
Heide Tower of Flame
know the answers to the above?

There's no set order. I actually didn't even know that
Cathedral of Blue
existed until much further into the game. I went and cleared the other route, though, and yes you're on the right track in terms of safer places to traverse first. However, that route is still a major pain in the ass. The next area should be
No-Man's Wharf
, right after that bonfire with the NPC you mentioned.

On the White Soapstone deal, you should have gotten two in the
Forest of Fallen Giants. There's an NPC sitting on barrels that talks about how his exploring buddy died in a trap. Exhaust his dialogue and he'll give you the big soapstone. The small one is in a room above the last bonfire in that area, where the old lady is. There's a staircase near the bonfire, I missed it my first time so search the room thoroughly.

Pursuer is a boss in the giants forest. To get to Huntsman's Copse, go through the path that would lead you to New Anor Londo, and use the contraption.

Looks to be an optional boss then, huh? How the hell do I get to him?

Are you supposed to have a white soapstone right away? I haven't found one.

From Majula I went straight to
Heide Tower of Flame
and fought
the 2 bosses there (Cathedral of Blue and the guy with the shield)
and I continued on to the place where you meet
Lucatiel
. Am I on the right track here? Is there not a set order you're supposed to do things? I assumed as long as I was able to beat the enemies in the area I was going the right way (sort of like DS1).

Gotta go through the forest first and talk to Pate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom