• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guy is wearing elite knight armor set and it seems his roll is slow. What do I upgrade to change this?
You are carrying too much equipment on your character. You can upgrade your vitality (i think... whatever skill that increases equip load) to wear it while fast rolling. To be sure you'll roll at a decent speed, keep yourself under 70% equip load at least.

Zeliard

This also pumps up all the mobs so they are about as hard as you having 2 players summoned into your world :D

That, I pretty much expected.

Killing off co-op is something I didn't see coming but it makes sense since they wouldn't want you to be able to get souls so easily. :p

Aeana

God, I'm kinda conflicted now.

At the lost bastille, and I think that I've pretty much cleared out everything before the
ruin sentinels
, but I have 18K souls, and I've never fought them before. Also I really don't want to clear out those enemies again.

To go on or not to go on?

The chances of you winning the first time are very slim. There's also a shortcut that you can use to get to the boss area that makes it so you don't have to fight anything. Shortcut

You can dash all the way from the cell bonfire instead of the one shown, same result.

Grinchy

Banned
God, I'm kinda conflicted now.

At the lost bastille, and I think that I've pretty much cleared out everything before the
ruin sentinels
, but I have 18K souls, and I've never fought them before. Also I really don't want to clear out those enemies again.

To go on or not to go on?

Just let other people summon you. You can practice the boss that way, and if you win, you'll have a ton more souls should you decide to go back.

Also there's a shortcut you can use to get right back to the boss.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The chances of you winning the first time are very slim. There's also a shortcut that you can use to get to the boss area that makes it so you don't have to fight anything. Shortcut

You can dash all the way from the cell bonfire instead of the one shown, same result.

Oh wait, that was a shortcut?

Cool, I've unlocked it already.

Just let other people summon you. You can practice the boss that way, and if you win, you'll have a ton more souls should you decide to go back.

Also there's a shortcut you can use to get right back to the boss.

Good idea also.

bronk

Banned
Being invaded even as a hollow really blows.
Been playing about ten hours or so and havent been invaded once. Maybe when my SL gets higher? I get summoned immediately all the time. I wonder why im not getting invaded. Id probably get smashed anyways so I should be grateful.

Aeana

Been playing about ten hours or so and havent been invaded once. Maybe when my SL gets higher? I get summoned immediately all the time. I wonder why im not getting invaded. Id probably get smashed anyways so I should be grateful.

I didn't get invaded much until I got to specific areas with convenants associated with them. I think the reason is because of the rewards associated with them, so people are using those more than doing regular PvP for the most part.

SharkJAW

Okay, so I've managed to acquire two of the "big" souls:
Lost Sinner and Rotten
. But I have no clue where to go next. Any help?

By the way, (weapon spoiler)
got my hands on the BKH
but I've been a dual swordsman for so long that I'm going to stick with it. Would help to find some katanas or something. I have relatively high dex compared to my other stats.

Randam

I want to say that I think From actually fixed the backstabs. They needed to be changed because in Dark Souls most humanoid enemies could be easily dunked on by swiveling around insta-bsing them. Plus the fact that you're completely invincible during the animation, that shit had to stop. Anecdotal evidence: I've been in PVP situations where people only backstabbed eachother repeatedly.

Now the backstab animations are harder to do, they aren't instantaneous, you can damaged during the animation, this makes them balanced. Now when I backstab an enemy, it feels like a fucking awesome counter instead of a cheap option.
That maybe true and necessary, but I want my backSTAB back.
Those slashes across the back are stupid.

And I am pretty sure, that an enemy hit but didn't do any damage to me while I was slashing an other enemies back.

And how do you riposte?

And I am pretty sure, that an enemy hit but didn't do any damage to me while I was slashing an other enemies back.

And how do you riposte?

Does the game ever even call it a backstab? Pretty sure this and then first game just call it a critical hit.

LaneDS

And how do you riposte?

Certain weapons have an actual stabbing animation, for what it's worth.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also does anyone know what's the point of the
second bonfire in the forest of giants
surrounded by tons of turtle knights?

Garcia

Hoooly shit, the music for
Executioner's Chariot
is amazing! One of the best I've heard in both Dark Souls games.

derwalde

sitting at my PhD thesis and i just wanna go back to DS2. you know a game is really good when you catch yourself thinking about it every second of the day.

Garcia

2) Playing Dark Souls on PC makes you really appreciate the snappy load times higher end hardware can bring. Impatient as it sounds, having to wait 20 - 30 seconds between deaths as it loads in the last bonfire area gets old very quickly.

I've had to put the game down at least 5 times because of the horrendous loading times. I clocked 42 seconds a couple of hours ago. I can't stand them.

Jobbs

Banned
the absence of large titanite is infuriating in this game. I can farm endless chunks at the bell tower, but the only large are a couple I've found in lost bastille. I went to the pharros doors area with the fat dwarves and farmed them after hearing they can drop it, and got a bunch more chunks but no larges.

where the fuck are the larges? all my shit's capped at +3 and +4 and +5 nad I can't use any of my chunks because this game doesn't have large titanite in it.

derwalde

I've had to put the game down at least 5 times because of the horrendous loading times. I clocked 42 seconds a couple of hours ago. I can't stand them.

i can only recommend, get the cheapest SSD (i payed 50€) for your PS3. it helps massive with loading times in any game. the loading times in DS2 are about 6-10 seconds (digital version) for me. such a huge upgrade.

Footos22

Are you playing the disc version, im playing digital and th load times are only in the 10 second or so region. ill check tonight but never feels like long;.

sixghost

I'm struggling to find the character I want to play. I have about ten hours in the game, with three different characters! Dark Souls was like this too until finally finding a build I gravitated to. I tend to think I lack the skill to be great at these games, but I love the puzzle I have of finding the right combination of play style, weapon preference, and trial and error that ultimately sees me through to the credits.

So far I have avoided and magic. All builds are melee based which I find to be more exciting, but I really never gave magic a fair shake to judge its effectiveness.

It's actually really common for INT builds to still be melee focused in these games. I maxed INT first, but got just enough str/dex for the minimum requirement for the weapon I wanted to use. The Magic Weapon spell gives you a ton of damage on your weapon to make up for the lack of scaling. Playing that way makes you a very balanced character. I can spam out bosses from a distance or get right in their face and crush them.

Swuabino

the absence of large titanite is infuriating in this game. I can farm endless chunks at the bell tower, but the only large are a couple I've found in lost bastille. I went to the pharros doors area with the fat dwarves and farmed them after hearing they can drop it, and got a bunch more chunks but no larges.

where the fuck are the larges? all my shit's capped at +3 and +4 and +5 nad I can't use any of my chunks because this game doesn't have large titanite in it.

Blacksmith in Lost Bastille sells an infinite supply once you get him his ember.

Prototype

hell yes, so happy right now.

got kicked out of PSN
started fighting the
bell gargoyles
died 3 times
just beat them all by myself with the greatsword.

Rolfgang

Is it just me, or does this game has like double the framerate that DS1 had? I'm playing on 360 and everything is butter smooth and also the graphics are a lot better, so I honestly don't understand all the complaints about it.

Just one-shotted
The Last Giant
, he was really easy, he only got a bit harder after
he rips his arm off and uses it as a weapon
. Also bought the Estoc and full Royal Knight/Soldier (something like that) armor set.

Rolfgang

hell yes, so happy right now.

got kicked out of PSN
started fighting the
bell gargoyles
died 3 times
just beat them all by myself with the greatsword.

Wait...
The Bell Gargoyles have returned? I hated those in DS1, finally killed them by igniting each other, hopefully that's still possible.

Rolfgang

Speaking of gifts, any idea what the petrified something does?

I've read that you must put it in that bird's nest in the tutorial area, where those weird voices come from. "Give us silky!" and stuff. You supposedly get a weapon from it, one guy got a whip and someone else a spear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom