• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

I think spoilers like this:

Oh shit..

Apparently crow trading now has a small chance of giving you a high rarity item instead of the usual trade..

Are completely fine (as long as people tag them), but I wouldn't want to know about the bosses and stuff. So I don't mind if people talk about the stream here, just please make the kind of spoiler it is more obvious.

This isn't nearly as big of a spoiler as DARKSEEKER KAATHE IS BACK AND YOU FIGHT HIM (not a real spoiler), but it'll be tagged in the exact same way since people are just talking about what they're watching.

hilldog1378

Neo Member
Is anyone else amazon orders set to come on the 13th and not the 11th? I order both the CE for ps3 and Strategy Guide. I was hoping the game would of came on the 11th.

Are completely fine (as long as people tag them), but I wouldn't want to know about the bosses and stuff. So I don't mind if people talk about the stream here, just please make the kind of spoiler it is more obvious.

This isn't nearly as big of a spoiler as DARKSEEKER KAATHE IS BACK AND YOU FIGHT HIM (not a real spoiler), but it'll be tagged in the exact same way since people are just talking about what they're watching.

But now I know that doesn't happen!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

It is fine but the more controlled the better.
Afterall Spoiler Thread needs some attention

It's an overreaction, but I suppose it's only a matter of time until someone fucks up.

I know it might be an overreaction but we have seen someone mess up with the spoiler tags at times and with these streams now it is easier to mess up.

Gbraga

But now I know that doesn't happen!

No you don't, I didn't play the game, it could still happen.

EDIT: Oh, ok, spoilers are still tagged in the spoiler thread, so that's fine.

EDIT2: Can't believe I mistyped Darkstalker Kaathe, my favorite character in the game :(

Gbraga

It always blows my mind when I think about how much I love Dark Souls' story and that it's actually one of the main reasons I'm excited for the sequel.

I started the game last christmas after always reading many good things about it, so I was already expecting a great game, but I was also expecting no story, and so I went for about 40 hours without giving a single crap about anything that was happening, but once it clicked, it really clicked. It's easily one of my favorite stories this generation, I love how much depth there is to the completely interative narrative, it's roleplaying in games at its finest, if there's a secrets the gods keep from everyone, they keep it from you too, and you'll never get a cutscene of evil laughs while they tell their plan, you either find that out reading itens, guessing from the architecture or by mere luck (reading it up is also possible lol) or you'll go through the entire game without having any idea of such plans.

Gwyndolin can go all "just according to keikaku"
depending on how you play the game.

So I was really glad to know that the story isn't really more accessible this time around. It may sound elitist, but this kind of discovery is a really important part of Dark Souls' narrative, and the reason why it's so damn brilliant. When I'm discussing Dark Souls' story with someone, I never fail to mention about the interactivity, or how you may not see any of what I'm talking about during your playthrough.

Manus

I have a feeling Amazon is gonna fuck me over hard. My game still hasn't shipped :(

Just chat with an online agent for them. My delivery date with Prime was Thursday until I chatted with one and he bumped it up to day one shipping for free.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
True. Same with naginata-type poles. We had the Black Knight Halberd, which was badass but kind of heavy and demanding stat-wise.

Totally worth it though. One of the best weapons in the game. My STR build backflips around with it causing monstrous damage. Monstrous.

Saying that, more halberds/naginata wouldn't be a bad thing :)

Gbraga

Or Frampt. Or Kaathe. No way to finish this game without aiding some being's millenia-old agenda.

Definitely, and it's one of the main things that make the story so incredible, but finding out
about Gwyndolin, going WTF is going on? And then finding out about his illusions was the point where it all clicked and all of a sudden I had a deep admiration for the story.

I started not giving a shit about the narrative, finished loving it, played the new game+ thinking it was super awesome to get what was happening from what I've learned in my first playthrough, and now with my DEX character I'm paying attention to every bit of dialogue I may have missed.

The Crestfallen Warrior has some really interesting things to say every time you make some progress.

Priscilla, Kaathe and Gwyndolin are probably my favorites.

I hope we get to see the real Gwynevere in Dark Souls II

Fucking Primordial Serpents <3

I'm sure this won't be exploited.

Kinda my thoughts as well. Some people will mess with the save files and find a way to exploit this.

Also:

You can trade the same item multiple times now, but you just get dung pie after the first trade. There might still be a chance to get the high rarity item on extra trades though.

Zukuu

Banned
So to roll fast you just gotta level up adaptability right? Equip load no longer has anything to do with it?
You still have fat, normal and fast roll afaik. Adaptility has only an effect on estuts chunk speed, item usage speed and raising the shield. I haven't seen a confirmation yet that it affects anything else in terms of speed.

Astral

You still have fat, normal and fast roll afaik. Adaptility has only an effect on estuts chunk speed, item usage speed and raising the shield. I haven't seen a confirmation yet that it affects anything else in terms of speed.

Oh damn. I guess no huge badass armor and fast rolling unless you have a ring of some kind.

As far as I know your roll is both affected by weight and adaptability. Think of it as your weight determining which roll animation you get and your adaptability having a (lesser) impact on how fast that roll is.

Brohan

Going the same route. No better way to start a Souls game in my opinion. Hoping for some miracles that make me hard as hell to kill.

Sweet, wondering how much we need to invest in other stats this time, especially wondering about adaptability and how great of a roll it might play for a Paladin.

Also undecided if im going with a one handed sword + shield or a 2 handed sword + shield.

All dem choices to be made..

Sweet, wondering how much we need to invest in other stats this time, especially wondering about adaptability and how great of a roll it might play for a Paladin.

Also undecided if im going with a one handed swords + shield or a 2 handed swords + shield.

All dem choices to be made..

I'm not too worried about adaptibility at the moment. I hear it only effects shield raising and estus chugging speed and that roll is still decided by encumbrance. I figure I'll mostly be healing via miracles anyway, so I'll probably steer clear unless I'm given a reason to use it.

Gonna put some points into strength and hope a good warhammer or club option presents itself. Barring that, a trusty halberd.

I'm not too worried about adaptibility at the moment. I hear it only effects shield raising and estus chugging speed and that roll is still decided by encumbrance. I figure I'll mostly be healing via miracles anyway, so I'll probably steer clear unless I'm given a reason to use it.

Gonna put some points into strength and hope a good warhammer or club option presents itself. Barring that, a trusty halberd.

I love what From has done with Halberd mechanics (and I assume other long weapons that only have blades at the tips).

In the beta, at least, on the halberd's swing type animations, if you were too close to the enemy, it did less damage because you were only hitting with the pole part.

I love what From has done with Halberd mechanics (and I assume other long weapons that only have blades at the tips).

In the beta, at least, on the halberd's swing type animations, if you were too close to the enemy, it did less damage because you were only hitting with the pole part.

Ooh, didn't notice that, nice touch. Gonna force you to take advantage of the halberd's natural reach.

jaydizzle

Neo Member
Is anyone else amazon orders set to come on the 13th and not the 11th? I order both the CE for ps3 and Strategy Guide. I was hoping the game would of came on the 11th.

I ordered the Black Armor Edition in February, selected release day delivery, and received the same notice you did. I changed the order to standard 5-day, then changed it back to prime. Now it says March 11 again.

Brohan

Seems like we will have to make certain choices this time..

Want to raise your shield faster to avoid damage and want to reduce the time it takes to consume a estus flask? Put some points in adaptability.

Don't care about blocking with the shield and want to mainly heal with miracles instead of estus? you'll have to put some points in attunement (since it affects casting speed this time)

Might have to be conservative with putting points in str and putting some of those points in both adaptability and attunement instead...
In that case it seems like i will go one handed sword + shield...

Man... I'm gonna have a hard time making decisions..

Jobbs

Banned
I knew it would be hardest in this final week -- when the streams pop up. This is when it gets hard.

But I have to think about the bigger picture, and how much better it's gonna be if I 100% blackout these streams.

I've resisted so far, but it's only been like half a day. Fuckin six more to go... God this is hard... Think big picture...

I knew it would be hardest in this final week -- when the streams pop up. This is when it gets hard.

But I have to think about the bigger picture, and how much better it's gonna be if I 100% blackout these streams.

I've resisted so far, but it's only been like half a day. Fuckin six more to go... God this is hard... Think big picture...

Gets even harder when actual GAFfers start getting copies early.

Watched a couple vids of the 360ver and either it was the capture equipment or the game is not v-synced on that platform.

Still I liked what I saw and i'm starting to feel a bit of hype

One thing i'm hoping for is rumble as I don't think it was there in the beta.

6 days here! Ughhh! Urghhnn!

Think I'm either going to end up a Bandit or a Cleric, depending on whether I decide to go quality build or faith build. I may also go Knight, or perhaps just randomly pick something else because what the hell.

Damn you to hell :(

Got Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so it would have been fantastic for the PAL version to come out on Tuesday. Scattered releases for games with strong communities fucking suck.

Brohan

So im from the EU and ive just ordered a day one edition at a webshop, says i will get it on the 11th like those in the US, anyone else from Europe with the day one steelbook edition ordered that can confirm that we do indeed get it 3 days before the official EU release date?

I know it aint called day one edition for nothing but I would like to be sure since it did cost a few euros extra.

Mine said the same thing. I changed it to one day then back to two day and now it says release day delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom