• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a calculus II midterm the Monday of the midnight release. I don't expect to do well.

I got a 2 finals the week after Dark Souls II and Titanfall come out AND I have a final on the day MGSV Ground Zeroes comes out AND I have a final the day Infamous Second Son comes out. Please help me God!

Skipping Dark Souls 1? Here's the story for you.

Dark Souls - In Summary

Tis rather funny :)

...Plague is a damn genius...

Got the US collectors edition preordered and have a friend who is (hopefully) getting the Japanese one if everything goes as planned. I just wish there had been this much hype surrounding Dark Souls, now. It took me almost a year to convince most of my friends to try it. This one people jumping on without having played either of the other Souls games (or King's Field but personally I only ever even played one of them and was terrible at it). Can't wait to see if this all has a more positive or negative impact on the community.

Zukuu

Banned
why can no body tell me how respec works exactly. I can't believe no one of the guys who got an early copy or press copy used it yet.

Mupod

I'm not interested in watching the stream, but I DO want to know more about covenants and every time I go looking I run into something else I didn't want to see.

I'll just...go back to refreshing my order page until I see my card get charged.

Jobbs

Banned
even though this thread is sort of a support group to last the next six days without falling to spoiler temptation, I'm considering bailing out of it. It'd take one jackass dropping an unmarked bomb in here to ruin things for me big time.

even though this thread is sort of a support group to last the next six days without falling to spoiler temptation, I'm considering bailing out of it. It'd take one jackass dropping an unmarked bomb in here to ruin things for me big time.

Just scroll very carefully. First sign of something that even looks mildly spoilery, throw your monitor out the window.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If you could invent your own class, what would it be?

Gladiator.

High STR/DEX/VIT/ADPT, no magics...

I would add trident and net to the game as weapons... and some cool-ass traditional gladiator armor sets.

Seance

Banned
I think it was very foolish of From to have a menu option to allow or disallow cross-region play.

They should have just got matchmaking to prioritise region first and if you are trying to invade forever and there is none in your region u start looking elsewhere.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I think it was very foolish of From to have a menu option to allow or disallow cross-region play.

They've really added this (I've been trying not to follow the news)?

Thank God, no more PvP against Japanese folks. That should help greatly to reduce the lag symptoms for me.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dark Souls I & II guides?

I don't ask for the sake of having something to help guide me or tell me stats, but more for the aspect of the story and world. I know there is some stuff involving interviews and artwork, but is there enough in there to warrant a purchase of any of the books if you want it purely from a world context point of view?

ironcreed

Banned
I still marvel at the level design in these games. Especially in Dark Souls. I fired up a fresh run tonight because I am so in the mood and found myself (again) saying, 'this is just fucking perfect.' It's open, but still linear enough and everything ends up linking together. I just can't think of a better way that I would want a world designed to play in.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

They should have just got matchmaking to prioritise region first and if you are trying to invade forever and there is none in your region u start looking elsewhere.

It's ok.

Europeans don't know how region filters work (see: dota 2) so we can invade them all day...

oh god!

On a serioues note, with the servers being in Japan, it should play good no matter where you live as Japan would be the best middle ground.

anddo0

No crystal lizards please.

I don't mind beating the game multiple times like Dark Souls.. I'm going into this blind (outside of one or two trailers). So, I hope there aren't any annoying creatures in this game.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
No crystal lizards please.

I don't mind beating the game multiple times like Dark Souls.. I'm going into this blind (outside of one or two trailers). So, I hope there aren't any annoying creatures in this game.

You will hunt them and you will like it dammit

Dremark

Banned
Very clever thread name. I still need to sit down and put the time into Dark Souls, but I loved Demon's Souls and will get this later.

Seance

Banned
Hold on to your butts boys. Every concern you ever voiced or thought quietly would seem to be well founded. Some of the shit i've seen :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This is a thing that's coming out really soon.

Game has officially leaked for the 360, so be cautious that spoilers will most likely be surfacing in places.

Also, I'm sure streams will be up now too.

Gorillaz

if it's full fledge out on 360 then shit is about to get bad real quick

entire game layout will be out either by this time tomorrow or friday...just one weekend....that's all...

1...weekend....thank god I work a nice chunk of it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? :'[

He says apparently. Don't trust him on everything.
KuGsj.gif

Well, damn. That's not cool.

if it's full fledge out on 360 then shit is about to get bad real quick

entire game layout will be out either by this time tomorrow or friday...just one weekend....that's all...

1...weekend....thank god I work a nice chunk of it

Yeah I had seen there was a little talk about spoilers already and some certain specifics had been brought to light, but now everything is out on the table. EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom