• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being hyperbolic, but my real question was whether or not Agility was tied to overall movement speed because in the Beta it was practically essential for you to pump 30+ points into it.

Agility was rolled into Adaptability, along with Resistance, and my understanding is yes, it affects all action speed.

I was being hyperbolic, but my real question was whether or not Agility was tied to overall movement speed because in the Beta it was practically essential for you to pump 30+ points into it.

No it wasn't essential for you to do that. It let you roll faster but you could still fast roll fine with 0 points put into it.

Dumb question, if I preorder the game at a gamestop near me, will I automatically get the Black armor edition? I kinda getting confused as the black armor edition is not anymore in the gamestop website, that made me think GS sold out all the Black Armor edition.

Ferr986

I think theres something Im not getting (didnt play DS2 beta)
Fhu5cez.png

If adaptabillity affects the evasion and overall speed, what does Vitality?

If you could invent your own class, what would it be?

Illusionist.

High Intelligence, Adaptability, Dexterity and Attunement (enough to equip two spells at the start of the game). Extremely low Vigor, Endurance and Vitality. Enough points wasted in Faith to make it a poor choice for Min/Maxing as a spellsword or Int build.

Starts with some kind of mage robe armor, and no other armor.

Starts with weakest dagger, standard catalyst and no shield.

Knows Aural Decoy and Chameleon from the start.

Starts with 5 Lloyd's Talismans (which in my version of the game would make all kind of healing methods not work, not just Estus).

The main draw of the class is that he starts with a ring that is otherwise obtained mid-game, which increases Item Discovery from defeated enemies.

Zukuu

Banned
Good question, I need to find this out lol

I do plan to stream a walkthrough probably this Saturday though

can u give any details about how respeccing works exactly?
Like, does it refund souls or "levels"? Can you respecc a sl 200 and stop at sl 150?
Does it reset to your starting sl of your class, e.g. knight 13 or straight to sl 1?

Via pm if necessary.

Ganondorfo

I loved Demons Souls and Dark Souls, so I am asking this. Are there memorable boss fights in Dark Souls? Or are the, boss fights basic?

Zabuza

Banned
Dumb question, if I preorder the game at a gamestop near me, will I automatically get the Black armor edition? I kinda getting confused as the black armor edition is not anymore in the gamestop website, that made me think GS sold out all the Black Armor edition.
Wondering the same, preordered yesterday and he said it was BA Edition, but the receipt read standard edition.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No it wasn't essential for you to do that. It let you roll faster but you could still fast roll fine with 0 points put into it.

The movement was pretty sluggish without it. You could play that way. I'm not sure why you'd want to.

Agility was rolled into Adaptability, along with Resistance, and my understanding is yes, it affects all action speed.

And the overall effects on movement, attack and roll speed seem to have toned down significantly. Adaptability still looks like a really solid stat though.

Thanks for actually answering my question.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I can only speak about the beta but even if fast roll was slower than in DS it was still fast and perfectly adequate.

Yes, and I can only speak on the Beta as well. Any build is "adequate". I generally go for something a little better than "adequate" with regards to movement speed, especially in a series like the Souls' series.

Jobbs

Banned
Thanks for the answers earlier guys.

9 DAYS!

6 days here! Ughhh! Urghhnn!

Think I'm either going to end up a Bandit or a Cleric, depending on whether I decide to go quality build or faith build. I may also go Knight, or perhaps just randomly pick something else because what the hell.

I can only speak about the beta but even if fast roll was slower than in DS it was still fast and perfectly adequate.

Did it affect running speed? If so, I could see it being very important for PVP, as that would determine your ability to retreat temporarily to heal, or chase down an opponent attempting to do so.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GUYS TAKE ANYTHING RELATED TO THE STREAM OVER TO THE SPOILER THREAD. LINK ON OT.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom