• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have a document they keep updated to keep track of things? 10 hours in, mine looks like this

Mansion special floor?
Locked contraption on way to Heides
Hole in centre=instadeath
Pathway with BlueSword Knight blocked by statue

Heide's Ruin -
Boss across drawbridge (Smough-lite)

Tower of Flame -
Illusory wall by bonfire?

Unseen Path to Heide -
Broken door on top pathway?

No Man's Wharf -

Cardinal Tower -
Merchant sells Soul Arrow (S), Heal (M), Caestus
Firefrog below platforms, high health, need range or fire resistance
Firefrog below bridge below bonfire
Door behind and below 4 crossbows opened from other side
Tree near Pate
Locked door in tunnel at bottom of elevator
Story door by elevators
The Pursuer (need help, range or better stats)

Halberd - 20 Str 14 Dex
Old Knight Halberd - 20 Dex

Made the souls back that I lost yesterday by being summoned.
DragonRider is a joke

phierce

(Iron Keep)
How are you meant to get the chest on the molten rocks in the room with the platforms you can raise/lower
?
I answered this earlier and was called a liar, but it works...

You have to
use a lockstone to get water in a small pool. You then have to load up on fire protection gear and soak yourself in the water. Being wet PLUS the fire protection gear will just barely give you enough time to run to chest, estus, grab item and get the fuck out. I'm sure flash sweat would also help, but I don't have that.

Oh, and just for the record, it really sucks when you run through acid and break your rings. F'n expensive shit!

Lucent

That's the first wall I hit. Had to summon 2 other allies. Dunno how someone could do it solo. Even with 3 it was rough.

I did it solo my first try. Not bragging but I guess I was lucky and stayed calm. I dropped down after the mist and I saw three health bars but only one of them was immediately with me. So I focused on him. I killed him and was like "so I only have to fight one at a time? Not bad" but the other two jumped up so I was like I'll jump down. Rather take my chances on the ground with two.

I basically got them to where they were near eachother a lot and I just kept a lock-on and flick the thumbstick to focus on who I was gonna attack. I just backed up and strafed until I saw an opening and attacked. Usually one would attack and the other would follow quick enough that I could get in some attacks and repeat. When they did the tornado spin attack, they usually did it together, and that leaves a big opening.

I was probably SL 40-50 when I did that. Used a Broadsword+3.

Grinchy

Banned
Well, Belfry Luna fucking sucks. Every invasion is just a laggy mess. The enemy will look like he's standing still for a moment and then my health bar is gone. And it's a place where you just get invaded over and over again. Great. So happy I can spend time here.

Zukuu

Banned
Is there ANY point to the pharros locks tones in Doors of Pharros? And if yes, which are the right ones? Already used 7 or so to no avail. 2/3rd of a door are open, which one is the right one for the last bit?

So what are katana users picking to upgrade and how. I see uchigatana is nice but it has a B scale with dex while a crappier katana scales A. In DS1 you just infuse a katana with fire or lightning and you become unstoppable, is that the same here?

Is there ANY point to the pharros locks tones in Doors of Pharros? And if yes, which are the right ones? Already used 7 or so to no avail. 2/3rd of a door are open, which one is the right one for the last bit?

For the most part all you are doing is activating traps for invaders for when you enter the covenant.

So what are katana users picking to upgrade and how. I see uchigatana is nice but it has a B scale with dex while a crappier katana scales A. In DS1 you just infuse a katana with fire or lightning and you become unstoppable, is that the same here?

My Uchigatana at +10 has A scale, not sure about other weps.

So in the infusion screen I see that making a weapon poison or bleed gives you more damage than making it the other kinds like lightning. So is it better to go with poison?

Found a really tired-looking lobster/scorpion man who won't talk to me. Any hints on what to do to get him to respond?

Also, there is a white knight who kinda looks like Solaire sitting towards the beginning of the Bastille. I almost want to strike him to see what happens. Without spoiling too much, will I regret killing him in the long run?

Found a really tired-looking lobster/scorpion man who won't talk to me. Any hints on what to do to get him to respond?

Also, there is a white knight who kinda looks like Solaire sitting towards the beginning of the Bastille. I almost want to strike him to see what happens. Without spoiling too much, will I regret killing him in the long run?

Need a ring that lets you speak to enemies, the cat has it.

ElFly

Majula's Cat sells an appropiate ring.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Still early on but not really getting into the game at all. Something about exploring just really isn't very fun. The Lost Bastille/Sinners Rise is just like the most boring Souls content I've ever experienced. So far most of the level design just really hasn't felt very creative at all.

Ferrio

Banned
So far duel wielding seems pretty shitty. Only weapons so far it looks like it's good on is falcions and maybe the dagger weapons.... anything larger and the moves just suck.

"The Duke" is Seath The Scaleless from Dark Souls. One assumes that the spider was his pet.

Lore speculation:
I'm sure they don't mean Seath, despite the title. I don't quite remember what item it was but one of them says the Ruler of the area Brightstone Cove belongs to(the duke, in my opinion) had a fondness of Spiders. I believe he is the hollow you kill after the boss fight with Freja.

Saganator

So do weapons degrade faster the higher they are leveled? My falchions seem to be made out of aluminum foil all of a sudden.

I think it depends on the armor of your enemies. Curved weapons seem to degrade faster vs heavy armored enemies. A weapon with piercing attack will fair much better vs heavy armor. I started carrying around sword with my halberd for this reason.

Ferrio

Banned
You using the regular dual wielding stance, or power stance?

Power.

Power stanced Ultra Greatswords... Attacks sucked
Power stanced Greatswords had the same animation
Power stanced rapiers, shitty
Power stanced whips, REALLY shitty

Katanas were last on my list, but I haven't found one yet.

Power stanced claws were pretty neat though, so when I respecc back to dex I might give them a whirl.

Dresden

Grabbed the ng+ ring that increases casting speed by 50% or so, and now I'm machine gunning 900 damage lightning bolts. Feels good.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Lore speculation:
I'm sure they don't mean Seath, despite the title. I don't quite remember what item it was but one of them says the Ruler of the area Brightstone Cove belongs to(the duke, in my opinion) had a fondness of Spiders. I believe he is the hollow you kill after the boss fight with Freja.

Maybe
the Duke found Seath's soul and used to create the spiders in the cove

BTW feel free to post in the Lore thread to add more speculation :D

LordCanti

Lore speculation:

Lore:

Freja drops his soul in NG+ doesn't he? Time being as in flux as it is, it's hard to say whether The Duke was a reincarnation or what.

skynidas

Banned
I just beat the boss in Shaded Woods, and
there is an item on a corpse on top of a tree. How do I get that?

i also saw that and couldn't get it. i think that during the fight with the girl you have to make her hit the branch so it falls down

dubq

Power.

Power stanced claws were pretty neat though, so when I respecc back to dex I might give them a whirl.

How do you get something to power stance?

Zeliard

Power.

I wonder if there's anyone maining whips.

I mean, I'm sure there is, but I wonder how well they're doing.

How do you get something to power stance?

You need two weapons of the same class and 1.5x the stat requirements, rounded down. Then you hold triangle, or Y on 360, and you'll visually see the stance change.

Then you hit L1 and L2 to use the specific power stance moves.

OMG I had no idea the scaling stats are in the equip screen and dont get added into the base damage. I was kind of wondering why my weapons all seemed to have basic stats even though I am all dex. Well in the damn inventory screen or in the reinforce screen you dont see your scaling stats, wtf.

The only way to see it is to equip it and on the equip screen there is a +whatever in blue, so I assume that is the bonus you get. That changes everything. The way its sorted is useless.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Power.

you don't have to use weps with the same type btw

rapier + curve sword was beast for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom