• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randam

I'm not the only one who has to fight unlimited normale enimies too, when fighting the tree am I?

guy is impossible for me and beat O&S with an unleveled character.

OVDRobo

I'm not the only one who has to fight unlimited normale enimies too, when fighting the tree am I?

Go aggressive and let it deal with the mobs for you. They're not a problem for long. Just time your rolls through the swipes.

twisteh

This is useful for anyone starting out: over the course of the game, enemies will drop a lot of shards. In my first run I had like 4 upgraded weapons, with shards to spare. So upgrade the starting weapon if you like it, you'll be able to even upgrade another weapon without any grinding.

Thanks will do, think I need a bit more oomph as things are getting nasty haha

Hagi

I ignored them because it's attacks deal with them for you. Hit it in the nuts or it's back nuts if that's easier for you.

Santiako

I need to know. What does this borrow from Bloodborne?

Just some assets here and there, but it's a clear evolution of DS1 and 2.

It's an optional boss, so you can come back later if you want. (Just focus on his crotch area until something happens).

Mandelbo

Right, I'm done for today. Made it to F
arron's Keep
having just beaten the D
eacons of the Deep.
I'm adoring basically everything about this so far - it does such a fantastic job of building the world, with all the areas I've been to so far having a defined sense of place, not to mention you can see them all from the H
igh Wall's exit.
The combat is wonderful, the sound design and music are FANTASTIC and the level design is labyrinthine and complex - so what if you don't have X number of routes from firelink, and areas don't interlink? The design is sublime so far, because Lothric actually feels like a place rather than a series of levels!

I need to know. What does this borrow from Bloodborne?

Environment assets, prepare for candles and tombstones galore....

Okay that's not what you meant, combat feels like a pace in between DS and Bloodborne so it's a bit more aggressive than the previous two Dark Souls.
Bosses also like to pull the Bloodborne multiple phase trick, granted this has been in the other games but BB seemed to emphasise it.

Audioboxer

Shit man those crabs are fucking mental. Tough for melee. This whole area is tough. Keep getting invaded.

Seriously crazy NPC enemies as well. Got a ton of cool loot and armour though.

rdytoroll

Played 10 hours today... Yeah, think that's it for today. Coop works like a charm on PS4, did some medal farming at the
Deacons
. Really gimmicky fight, but the area it's in looks awesome

Thewonandonly

Is anyone else having a problem where they can't fucking interact with anything. I can't sit in the bonfire I can't attempt to summon people I can't do shit!!!!

Oh and while i'm here I could use a directional pointer, late game (I assume) spoilers.

So I've got these two dragons squatting near an exterior bonfire at Lothric castle making things permanently toasty, I can't for the life of me figure out where to go to bypass this.
All other areas I've found since seem to have been optional, I hope the answer here isn't slowly arrow both dragons to death.

OVDRobo

Oh and while i'm here I could use a directional pointer, late game (I assume) spoilers.

So I've got these two dragons squatting near an exterior bonfire at Lothric castle making things permanently toasty, I can't for the life of me figure out where to go to bypass this.
All other areas I've found since seem to have been optional, I hope the answer here isn't slowly arrow both dragons to death.

Drop down immediately to the right on the bridge you cross to get toasted, then head left. Don't drop down any further. The path leads inside after a few enemies.

Cob32

All other areas I've found since seem to have been optional, I hope the answer here isn't slowly bow both dragons to death.

you have to sprint and drop off the side of the bridge and before the dragons start flaming.

The bridge, drop down.

Brohan

Just beat the
tree
boss the first try. Don't think i even needed to use more than 1 estus. He seemed really easy.

He had me shitting bricks in the end though when he was about to
let his entire mass fall slowly on the ground
and I barely made it out in time.

Adrenaline rush right there.

LogicStep

Well, I got to firelink shrine and don't know where to go. That damn asshole with the katana keeps owning me and I don't see another way forward.

Thewonandonly

Bring back the b-team!!!

How in the hell can dark souls 2 online work flawlessly but I can't summon one fucking person in 45 minutes of trying and now I have to hate to work....

Come on from come on

Santiako

Where do you get the Great Axe? Only up to the boss of
Road of Sacrifices
. Is it much later?

In the next area, I just got it so I'll spoiler some details
In the swamp there's a giant ladder that goes all the way up the wall of lothric, there you'll find a big ass enemy, he has several items strewn around, the great axe is one of them.

Robiin

Finally got some time to play for real after doing chores basically all day. Beat the first real boss (V
ordt of the Boreal Valley
) and headed to the next area. I think I explored everything I could in the first area, the only thing I know I didn't do was fight the Blue-caped knight at the top of the stairs. Is he hiding goodies and if so are they worth it? A bit scared to fight him because he looks scary!

I am a bit worried I might be spreading myself too thin. I wanted to go full DEX at first, started as Deprived. But the first shield I found with 100% physical res requires 18 STR, so I'm pumping towards that now. And if I want to wear anything nice I'll need more VIT (I think that's the equip load stat right?), and I already got VIG to 18 for some HP... Maybe I'll turn into a quality character, not necessarily intentionally, but it would be nice to be able to play with all melee weapons and try them out. What did you guys start out with focusing on (except for some HP which I assume everyone raises the first few levels)?

Audioboxer

Aw man love going back to the shrine and random NPCs just stopping by. Seems like there's more NPCs in this game than any other. Doing quest lines blind is going to be a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom