• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

thanks for the tips on the tree guys! finally got it.

anyone craft any boss weapons yet? or is everyone using the early souls to level up

ramyeon

So early game stuff,
I let the dude out of the prison and he gave me something to give to a woman below. I figured it was the one who gave me the banner but the dialogue is just the same as before. Is she not the one he meant?
He told you to give it to a girl named Loretta in the Undead Settlement below the Wall of Lothric.

Fifth area
Cathedral of the Deep. Not great. Ceaseless Discharge was a crap boss and doing it again but not as a boss is even worse.

Played for a few hours. There's definitely some Bloodborne influence here. It feels like the combat is faster-paced than in previous Dark Souls games. I don't dislike it, but it takes a little adjustment.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Any differences between Snuggly's nests for drops? I gave her a firebomb on the one on the roof and got a Large Titanite Shard. Would I have gotten something else from dropping the same item below the nest, like at the crossroads under the roof?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Does the NPC that lets you change your appearance show up near the end of the game?

I accidentally made my character a manlet and I don't want to start over

ramyeon

Oh shit, anyone know:
The Pilgrim sorcery teacher died suddenly. Is there a Nexus NPC killer in this game?
That NPC dies no matter what - his death is inevitable. If you haven't completed his quest line before he dies (Triggered by going to far in progress) then you'll miss out on it.

Hrm.

I think the (Mid game) fight..
wolnir was the most visually stunning boss fight I've ever encountered, but it was laughably easy. I don't think I even got hit. sad. maybe I'm over leveled at 55

Mandelbo

Fifth area
Cathedral of the Deep. Not great. Ceaseless Discharge was a crap boss and doing it again but not as a boss is even worse.

Don't fight the giants, just run past them and roll out of the way of their attacks (they always make a noise before attacking.) I finished the area without fighting them.

I'm a pyromancer, which means I can't really be spending level ups on STR or DEX, as I already have to juggle FAI, INT, VIG, and END. I found an Axe near the start of the game that doesn't scale, which dealt great damage at the time, but is starting to drop off, even after reinforcing a few times. Even when I look at infusing weapons, nothing else I have seems to be as good.

I'm now at the
Road of Sacrifices
; when will I get a better weapon? I know my choices are extremely limited with 12 STR and 8 DEX, but as I said, I can't invest many levels ups in them. My FAI and INT are both 20, is it not possible to infuse weapons so they scale with those instead?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like 2-handing doesn't make a big difference in terms of damage. I only have 12 STR though.

Logash

First time playing a mage in Dark Souls. Any tips? I'm not really into PvP and I'm not quite sure what stats to focus on and what stats so ignore.
Bump. Scared to build without knowing what to invest in

I am absolutely loving this game. At first I was unsure about it, but maybe that was because I died to the first boss like 7 times >.< For some reason I was having such a hard time with it. But it's definitely starting to grow on me! I put the first video to my playthrough up on me and my BF's youtube channel if anyone is interested in watching my journey through Lothric! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvklUcK4sA

Ferr986

Ok,
tree
boss down.
Man, the
Voltd
ring is a scam!

Either way, that's it for today, before I get too hooked up and stay up all night.

Game is legit!

Santiako

Bump. Scared to build without knowing what to invest in

If you want to go pure mage, get just enough Strenght and Dexterity for the weapon you want to use, Intelligence and Attunement for your spells, and Health and Stamina until you feel confortable.

Demoskinos

So has this happened to anyone else? I was fighting a boss and had him down to literally one hit left after hitting a Heavy Soul arrow on him. So I figure I'll pull out my sword give him a quick love tap and be done. I press the button to switch go to hit him and suddenly I realize the weapon switch didn't happen locking me into a casting animation which got myself killed. Frustrating. I know I pressed the button.

Mohasus

Just defeated the
curse rotted greatwood. And the game isn't clicking with me. It wasn't even hard (first try, one gulp used only), just boring.

Burt

I just spent all day grinding (covenant)
Forest Watchers or whatever, the wolf one
to +2, and... I think it was actually worth it, considering how bad I was at it. I was really waning at the end, but the rewards are pretty damn great.

The fan service in this game is magical

Stiler

Said to heck with making a realistic character and instead went toward an other-wordly looking character,

KFhwE6C.jpg

Anyone here playing with a kb/mouse? How the heck do you kick?

Is there a good way to get embers? Me and my friend like to play together and we just got to lothric. It seems like the shop only sells 3 and I'm starting to worry we'll run out quickly.

Soulflarz

Banned
Is there any downside to maiming U
nbreakable
P
atches

Seriously
-He risks losing you a vendor
-You need to pay 20k to get the armor he has otherwise

At worst you lose a set of black leather armor, that's it?

kaioshade

Every time I play a Souls game, I am reminded less than 2 hours in why these games aren't for me.

I will learn to quit wasting my money eventually.

So has this happened to anyone else? I was fighting a boss and had him down to literally one hit left after hitting a Heavy Soul arrow on him. So I figure I'll pull out my sword give him a quick love tap and be done. I press the button to switch go to hit him and suddenly I realize the weapon switch didn't happen locking me into a casting animation which got myself killed. Frustrating. I know I pressed the button.

Did the casting animation finish before you pressed the button? I believe it has to before you switch weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom