• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d3n

I like when you get a 3 v 1 (ie most of the time) and its like well fuck my only option is to go run towards some enemies and they all stop pursuing.....like the hell else do you expect me to do when I'm outnumbered every time like that?

Yeah, it is difficult to win a 3 v. 1 in a straight fight. Aggressively taking out the weakest link of the group usually helps, but it is difficult if they stay close.

Huh, another game with no leveling up at bonfires... probably the stupidest gameplay change from DS1 to DS2, so of course these fuckers doubled down on it.

Iorv3th

Huh, another game with no leveling up at bonfires... probably the stupidest gameplay change from DS1 to DS2, so of course these fuckers doubled down on it.

Dark Souls 1 is the only game where you can level up at bonfires. You can easily warp to the main bonfire to level up though...

OK,
Frost Knight
under the elevator. I'm pretty sure this is where I need to go but fuck me this guy is impossible.

I'm stuck in the same spot. And I wasted my fire paper.

One of you has to be in ember form while the other isnt.

One of us is, and the other isn't and it's STILL not working. Why is it not working? Bloodborne did the same shit. and yes, we were able to co-op in Bloodborne sometimes too, just sometimes it doesn't feel like working.

Anyone else having trouble getting co-op to work with friends?

Maddrical

DS1 is the only game that has leveling up at bonfires, due to the lack of warping at the start. It's nice going back to the hub to level up anyway.

d00d3n

OK,
Frost Knight
under the elevator. I'm pretty sure this is where I need to go but fuck me this guy is impossible.

Cheap solution:
Just open the door behind him. You get a nice weapon for killing him, but no need to kill him to progress with the game

co1onel

If there's any other spear users here, what are you using early game? Arstor's spear is nice but requires titanite scales to upgrade and those don't seem to be in plentiful supply. The regular spear is outclassed in damage by basically every straight sword.

Skatterd

OK,
Frost Knight

If you want to be cheap
you can get him to follow you back to the elevator shaft where you can make him lunge at you and kill himself

well i'm still in the starting area i played in the beta to death. it was good to see some new npc and new enemy placements. still not sure which stat to focus on. i went with dex but changed to normal longsword currently. love fighting the knights.

burgerdog

My god, I just triggered an npc event against a huge demon by accident and came out on top. Zero Estus left and one hit away from dying. I love this game!

It's 5:30 am and I'm still having so much fun invading in the undead settlement. Gotta get to sleep though, gonna level up a bit and hit the swamp tomorrow.
May even join the wolf dudes

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh, O
rbeck
bailed on me apparently? I know why, but that's...unfortunate that I didn't talk to him ever so he just kind of...left?

Aeana

I finished the first area. That poor
red-eyed knight
didn't know what hit him. I just went nuts on him before he could react. The boss was fun, I just barely managed to beat him on my first try.

Arnex

Neo Member
Anyone rocking a Pyromancer? Which stats are you focusing on? Only in the first area here, building some dex,int,faith so far, cant wait to get back from work to play some more, great game.

P.S. Been following GAF for years, but just registered today, my first post!

Manu

F
ARRON'S
K
EEP

BASILISKS

PETRIFIED STRAY DEMON

HOLY SHIT I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BROKEN BRIDGE IN THE SETTLEMENT

DARK SOULS IS FUCKING BACK, BABY

Anyone rocking a Pyromancer? Which stats are you focusing on? Only in the first area here, building some dex,int,faith so far, cant wait to get back from work to play some more, great game.

Grats!

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Spent like 5 minutes kiting the A
byss
W
alkers
once I ran out of Estus Flasks, then finally won and I was super relieved. Then
the flaming one spawned and I realized I was only halfway done.
Got my shit pushed in.

Fuck these motherfuckers, for real. I thought I was doing good for a sec. I can't even last 20 seconds in this fight. lvl 34. maybe I'm too low level idk

jonjonaug

Beat Aldrich. Now going downward instead of upward and
this dungeon area feels like a cross between the chalice dungeons in Bloodborne and 3-1 from Demons Souls.

Dark Souls 3 so far feels like a "best of" compilation of Demons, Dark 1, Dark 2, and even some of Bloodborne in there.

F
ARRON'S
K
EEP

BASILISKS

PETRIFIED STRAY DEMON

HOLY SHIT I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BROKEN BRIDGE IN THE SETTLEMENT

DARK SOULS IS FUCKING BACK, BABY

Yeah up until that point in the game it felt like I was just going through the motions. But when that moment hit I was 110% invested. I went back to a really high point later on in the game and figured out that you can see exactly where you're going to be for hours and hours afterward, that area included.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck these motherfuckers, for real. I thought I was doing good for a sec. I can't even last 20 seconds in this fight. lvl 34. maybe I'm too low level idk

Hardest boss by a mile up until that point, I wiped for a good 2 hours straight on them.

Kyuur

So is the password matching ignoring level restrictions false? Was playing with friends earlier, couldn't find them until I leveled to within +/- 10, then immediately found them.

d00d3n

It really helps to learn how to dodge for that boss. Also, no funny business outside of clear windows of opportunity. I once lost to that boss with about 1% of the boss health meter left ...

Got my first hate mail from a host that had 2 sun bro's with them.

The only crazy thing in my build is the knight slayers ring and that is really hard to get with base vit and stamina.

Time for bed anyway

McBryBry

that didn't fix it. guess i'll try and ask reddit and hopefully someone found a fix. thanks though.
I did hide DS4 in DS4Windows settings. Closed out everything but DS4Windows. Clicked stop, then start. It's ran smoothly since

Can't say much on pyromancy but welcome to GAF!

JJD

Guys anyone has any idea of the best soul transpositions?

I'm sitting on a couple bosses souls and don't know what to get.

I'm running a jack of all trades character. I can do pretty much anything, wield any weapon and use most sorceries, miracles etc.

The Pontiff's eye seems great, but I usually go for weapons...

UberLevi

Just beat them and I'm at 37. Used an NPC summon after a few solo tries. Would recommend the one near the perimeter bonfire if you don't mind some hired help for bosses.

Speaking of the boss by the way, I'm torn between getting the
Wolf Knight's Greatsword
or the
Farron Greatsword
. Both seem fucking awesome.

jonjonaug

I'm running a jack of all trades character. I can do pretty much anything, wield any weapon and use most sorceries, miracles etc.

Can't go wrong with Havel's ring, but if you're just doing a physical build then there's not much point in grabbing any of them until later in the game. Most have high stat requirements and their upgrade materials are really hard to come by.

ramyeon

Pontiff's Eye is useless.

d00d3n

Can't go wrong with Havel's ring, but if you're just doing a physical build then there's not much point in grabbing any of them until later in the game. Most have high stat requirements and their upgrade materials are really hard to come by.

If I remember correctly, there are a couple of greatshields in the mix. They are definitely worth it if you are using a STR build imo.

Manu

Also, I'm so happy this was brought back from Dark Souls 2:

The Drang Set is the Llewellyn Set. And it looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom