• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberLevi

About when does the dex and str scaling on weapons start outweighing the raw and elemental damage reinforcements? I've got a Refined Lothric Knight Sword and 24 in Dex and Str and I wouldn't say it's outperforming my Fire Longsword yet.

Varna

About when does the dex and str scaling on weapons start outweighing the raw and elemental damage reinforcements? I've got a Refined Lothric Knight Sword and 24 in Dex and Str and I wouldn't say it's outperforming my Fire Longsword yet.

Your telling me after 4 fucken games they still can't balance that shit properly? How hard is it to just raise scaling damage and/or make elemental weapons more situational?

Anyone know of a way to remove the move buffer? I'm on PC

It's kind of part of the game. Don't mash quite as much, be more patient. Eventually you can use buffered moves to your advantage. A good way to prevent anything really bad from happening is to just hold block and pull back instead of trying another action like rolling or attacking. When I get interrupted in a string or don't get some hitstun I was expecting, my finger goes straight for the block button and my thumb pulls back on the analog. If there's room for it and I know what attack the enemy is going to do, I'll try a roll.

I suppose if it's really bad, it could also be input lag in your set up.

Soulflarz

Banned
This first knight enemy in the high wall is 100 times harder than that first 'boss' in the tutorial area.

Heh, it's funny that you say that, since a lot of people got stuck on the boss for like an hour and just maimed the knight

okay, joined the covenant. Only .4% of players have, go figure!

I'm out for the night.
Progress is going to slow down slightly tomorrow, then slow down really badly as I have a lot of test studying to do for mon/tues :/

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
More 2 bosses down.

Iudex Gundyr
- 0 deaths
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- 1 death
Curse-rotted Greatwood
- 5 deaths
Crystal Sages
- 1 death
Deacons of the Deep
- 0 deaths
Abyss Watchers
- 4 deaths
High Lord Wolnir
- 2 deaths
Pontiff Sulyvahn
- 6 deaths

This first knight enemy in the high wall is 100 times harder than that first 'boss' in the tutorial area.

I've covered a fair amount of ground (about 15 hours in), but I'm still salty at Uchigatana guy from the beginning. Still spent more time on him than any other enemy or boss.

Soulflarz

Banned
More 2 bosses down.

Iudex Gundyr
- 0 deaths
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- 1 death
Curse-rotted Greatwood
- 5 deaths
Crystal Sages
- 1 death
Deacons of the Deep
- 0 deaths
Abyss Watchers
- 4 deaths
High Lord Wolnir
- 2 deaths
Pontiff Sulyvahn
- 6 deaths

4 here-- I fully blame this last one on +0 flasks though, since I had him the first time :/

Anyways, so I'm not alone...
Did From lose their touch with bosses and now they all fall into set types we all know how to deal with?
Seriously, I remember bosses being a decent challenge...? Or rather, not borderline facerolls.
A lot of the bosses in BB/DS3 are facerolls.

Skatterd

4 here-- I fully blame this last one on +0 flasks though, since I had him the first time :/

Did From lose their touch with bosses and now they all fall into set types we all know how to deal with?
Seriously, I remember bosses being a decent challenge...? Or rather, not borderline facerolls.

The lategame bosses are some of the hardest in the series imo. But yeah early bosses were pushovers for me.

Bawalo

Neo Member

You know, after playing every single Souls game (incl. BB & DeS), it might just be that we have gotten better with the mechanics. I feel like I'm having little to no issue in predicting swings of the larger bosses, and that makes the fights somewhat trivial

Sarcasm

Wondering if it matters of you infuse first then upgrade or upgrade then infuse? Or it doesn't matter?

I went to upgrade and give fire to my WAR AXE of doom.

MG310

I've covered a fair amount of ground (about 15 hours in), but I'm still salty at Uchigatana guy from the beginning. Still spent more time on him than any other enemy or boss.

I gave up after a few deaths early on..just went back after 5 hours and I guess he fell off the cliff because there was an Uchigatana and some clothes laying there.

I'll take it.

The summoning process is so fast now...no problems whatsoever getting summoned, takes a few shots to summon someone though because it seems like they are getting snatched up as soon as they appear.

AzureFlame

I gave up after a few deaths early on..just went back after 5 hours and I guess he fell off the cliff because there was an Uchigatana and some clothes laying there.

I'll take it.

The summoning process is so fast now.

I spammed Long Sword attacks on him till he died, he couldn't even move.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Red Eye Knight with spear first time in DeS was always harder than most bosses.

wrongway

Huh, there's actually quite a bit of stuff in and around Firelink. I bought the tower key from granny and ended up with some nice finds. :D

Soulflarz

Banned
You know, after playing every single Souls game (incl. BB & DeS), it might just be that we have gotten better with the mechanics. I feel like I'm having little to no issue in predicting swings of the larger bosses, and that makes the fights somewhat trivial

For sure

WAIT
holy shit
Guys
STORM RULER FROM DEMON'S SOULS
IS BACK AS A WEP?

Dahbomb

Some good progress tonight.

Finally found myself an UGS, now I just need some Shards/Chunks to upgrade it. Sticking with the Claymore for now.

Didn't have much trouble with the first 3-4 bosses... until I got to the first Lord of the Cinder
(Farron's Undead Legion)

Well I beat him on my 2nd try but the fight was still edge of my seat, knees weak, palms sweating, arm heavy type fight. That was the first boss fight in the game that got my heart racing. Great overall "gimmick" to the boss fight as well,
I did not know that the other legions could hurt the main one on my first try.

The area before that was really annoying with all the poison and stuff. Died quite a few times to greed trying to get that item in the horizon. Man the slow walk poison stuff is really lame stuff. Oh well, glad that's done with.

And yeah Dark Souls 3 is still a hard game for newcomers but it's easier for people who have played Souls games before. If you have survived through stuff like Orphan of Kos, O&S, Ludwig, Gwyn, Flamelurker etc. then DS3 shouldn't be much of a problem once you download the bosses. There's only so much you can stretch the game mechanics without making cheap as hell bosses.

Ristlager

Your telling me after 4 fucken games they still can't balance that shit properly? How hard is it to just raise scaling damage and/or make elemental weapons more situational?

I put an sharpen (or something) gem on my uchi boosting the dex, instead of the fire gem. But at 26 dex I still think it did more damage as a fire infused weapon. But as I want to do a dex build, I felt I needed to have a dex scaling weapon...

But I don't get things like this, how little armour really count for and why a regular club can out damage "The Kings Greatest White Stallion Masterclass Fire and Flame Great Claymore" in these games. Getting new equipment rearly gets me exited any more, as they will not improve my damage or my defence in any measure.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
me and the atmosphere of the game haven't synced up yet.
Everything feels lifeless. I'm at the seconded boss door according to the messages.
The level design seems purposely convoluted and sparse as well. I wonder what the design philosophy was for this game.

As always, this question has probably been asked already but can you open all shortcuts in High Wall on your first way through? There's a locked door
close to the cell (an elevator inside)
that I can't seem to find the key for anywhere and I feel looked all over several times, and there's also that
ladder above Emma
. You don't need to tell me how I unlock it, just if it's possible at this point. I'm only up to the second boss right now.

LORE THEORY:

DS2 and 3 are separate timelines that split from the endings of DS1.

Mind you this is a gut feeling from like, 20 minutes of play, so I'm probably stupidly wrong, but...

Loving the game so far. Hate having to stop playing cuz real life. Question, I must have missed the whole instruction message that tells you about the new offensive moves. I know you have to be in two handed stance, but then what? What combo of buttons produces your character special move set?

ramyeon

As always, this question has probably been asked already but can you open all shortcuts in High Wall on your first way through? There's a locked door
close to the cell (an elevator inside)
that I can't seem to find the key for anywhere and I feel looked all over several times, and there's also that
ladder above Emma
. You don't need to tell me how I unlock it, just if it's possible at this point. I'm only up to the second boss right now.
Both are possible at this point, yes. Although not necessary (Also they're not shortcuts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom