• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I'm level 26, have an upgraded +2 battle axe, and want to use dancer swords as main weapon, and i want them now.

Shall I try the Dancer Fight? Too Soon?

Otherwise; co-op?

That has to be the cheapest boss fight I have seen in a game. Almost made me trade the game in. Stuck on him for hours...

Edit: yeah way too soon.

Demo85

Banned
I keep seeing people talk about
Dancer
. Just downed the
Abyss Watchers
. How do I get to the
Dancer
boss?

Mutombo

That has to be the cheapest boss fight I have seen in a game. Almost made me trade the game in. Stuck on him for hours...

Edit: yeah way too soon.

at what level though?

(I just saw a sl1 run, but those runs are fucking magic and I can't do them)

GavinGT

Banned
I'm level 26, have an upgraded +2 battle axe, and want to use dancer swords as main weapon, and i want them now.

Otherwise; co-op?

You must be underleveled to be that far and be only level 26. Then again, I beat her at level 56 and it was a cakewalk, so maybe I'm overleveled.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I keep seeing people talk about
Dancer
. Just downed the
Abyss Watchers
. How do I get to the
Dancer
boss?

Run back up the stairs near the 2 knights. There will be a cathedral you can enter with an old lady on a throne. Kill her to activate the Dancer boss.

Be warned though... It's a terrible fucking boss.

Vuze

The
Cursed tree
boss is stupid. Also these bonfire placements are dumb so far and not a fan of them.
I usually hate the whole re-running but I can't say I found the bonfires up to that point particularly bad? However they suck ass in the later areas, that's for sure.

GavinGT

Banned
Run back up the stairs near the 2 knights. There will be a cathedral you can enter with an old lady on a throne. Kill her to activate the Dancer boss.

Oh, didn't realize you could even do that. You encounter her naturally later on.

Mandelbo

Just killed the Ab
yss Watchers
- do I want to offer their ashes to their throne? From what I understand, that'll make the age of fire continue, but I'm not sure I want it to.

Vorheez

Does the
cloranthy ring
and
grass crest
shield stack? If so, does it still work if the shield is just on your back?

Oh, also, what's the catch with levelling up at the
pilgrim
? I know there's somethin... Fill me in guys hahah

Demo85

Banned

Yeah I remeber her, she seemed "good" why are we killing her? She gives you a convient or something right?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
question about weapon upgrades at the start of the game:
is it worth to upgrade the normal scimitar with a firegem? I love fighting with it..or will I get an stronger upgrade to another scimitar weapon soon?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crystal Sage
was actually pretty easy for me, got him on the 4th try and even the fails it ws pretty close

joanot

Its not cool to post images of areas mid game : (
At least post the link, fuck, came looking for help and spoiled myself, bailing out.

The
Cursed tree
boss is stupid. Also these bonfire placements are dumb so far and not a fan of them.

Easy bonfire run for this boss:

1)Open the door near cursed tree area

2)Run outside, down the stairs, up the stairs immediately to the right

3)There is a hidden bonfire right after the buildings, before the bridge. Jump down the cliff to the ledge below and search around a bit

Bam, straight run to the boss available. To get easy STRAIGHT run to a boss you often need to use some clever shortcuts and stuff, but they are there from my experience with 4 first bosses.

GavinGT

Banned
Almost every boss (if not all) has a bonfire shortcut...

That's not even the bad part. The other bonfires are often poorly placed, and so are shortcuts. They clearly didn't put as much effort into this stuff as they have in the past.

When I unlock a new shortcut, I want to say "hell yeah!", not "huh, why?".

Its not cool to post images of areas mid game : (
At least post the link, fuck, came looking for help and spoiled myself, bailing out.

It's as easy to spoiler tag. People need to be more considerate.

Can anyone tell me why my Ember sign is flashing white? I was completely oblivious of this until now.

Oh man, I was watching this Before you Buy video of DS3 and I see the new enemies, the new locations and everything and it just looks so much better than DS2. I am currently playing 2 and my intention is to finish it, but to be honest I'd rather really just buy 3 after seeing that. This one actually has awesome level design and for some reason I am not feeling most of 2's locations so far.

co1onel

Are there any downsides to using this method? I might as well give the fight a shot so I can get the awesome set, but I'd rather wait for the normal method if I miss out on something.

pupcoffee

I know a lot of people won't agree with me but I appreciate that a lot of the early bosses are more like Demon's Souls than anything (i.e. they're easy).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am running a Knight but truthfully--and especially after spending SO many hours in Bloodborne--I find it difficult to discern the appropriate time to block with my Shield instead of just evading. My first instinct so far has ALWAYS been to just do a roll/stepping-sideways evasion instead of blocking, no matter what attacks directed at my character.

Makes me kind of think... maybe it's pointless for me to run Knight since it seems like shield-blocking is pretty integral to its playstyle...? Maybe I should pick a class that truly makes roll-evasion a central trait of its playstyle instead of blocking?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmh.

Mutombo

Are there any downsides to using this method? I might as well give the fight a shot so I can get the awesome set, but I'd rather wait for the normal method if I miss out on something.

Yeah, you can still be in the covenant if you kill her?

i'm going to try her too, at level 26, might take a while before i get the hang of it.

GavinGT

Banned

Not sure about greater ramifications. But it looks like no matter when you beat her, you get her boss soul and access to the next area.

Audioboxer

Otherwise; co-op?

lol no. Unless you are top 1% of elite Souls players it's a waste of time.

Have a go though, then give up like me!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is the game just very short or do they throw all the estus shards at you early on? just found another so im up to 9 o_O

Very popular armor set. I prefer the Lothric Knight set myself. Absolute best set is Sirris's set though it took a lot of work to get it (only chest piece is from her set here, but it's the most important!!)

Fixed that for you. Please spoiler tag your images in the future.

ogbg

Is anyone struggling with a Claymore? I beat the 3rd boss and I find the damage a bit low compare to spamming 1Hander and the enemies are way too fast for it. It's a struggle just to get a swing out without me getting spam to death. Anyone using Greatsword/UGS getting through okay? Can't decide if I should stick with Str build + UGS or go 1H with Dex.

UGS all have hyper armour during swings and stagger most enemies so they honestly seemed pretty OP when I've seen them.

Rhaknar

think im gonna go ahead and buy that 20k souls key now since I have 20k, before I fuck up and lose them all or something. Gotta do it anyway (I assume), might aswell get it over with . Im at the
Cathedral of the Deep / Farron Keep
point of the game now for reference

I suppose it's because the shards are divided between two flasks now.

but its still only 12 total right?

UGS all have hyper armour during swings and stagger most enemies so they honestly seemed pretty OP when I've seen them.

yup. peoplr see the dmg and go "wtf this isnt much better than my normal 1h" and dont realise about the moveset, stagger and whatnot. the thrust heavy attack on the Claymore is a godsend, so much that im going to struggle to move on from it, unless I find a better one also with thrust

Audioboxer

Do you need to go to 10 INT for a certain NPC or is there something you can wear to get to 10? I have no idea when I can respec and don't want to waste stats. Worried though if I carry on for too long said NPC might disappear. Cheers

Eccocid

Finally started to play last evening.
It really feels weird after getting used to Bloodborne. I kinda miss healing system in Bloodborne. Being limited to few estus flasks is kinda worrying! But i really appreciate the faster gameplay. Especially it feels zillion times better than DS2.

But about those weapon arts...do you use it a lot? So far i keep forgetting that such thing exists. :Do they get more vital or become obsolte as you progress in the game? So far i used them 2-3 times when i had plenty of timing to execute them (switching weapons to 2nd etc).

And are there too many bonfires? Right after raising banner and flying to new area i found 2 bonfires so close to each other. I kinda miss the defeat th eboss to get checkpoint system in Demons Souls.

Btw i get lots of Demons Soul vibes from it. Those knights with red glowing eyes, those fat ladies who casts spells, some of the areas so far reminds me areas from DS a lot.

OH and my biggest dissapointment is firelinkshrine music...nothing memorial...its too weak when compared to others.. :(

and without spoiling can u tell me that i should get the key to tower from old woman at firelink shrine? Does it worth 20k souls early in the game?

Kweh

When I returned to Firelink last night
all of the exits were fog gated off. There was also a new NPC standing next to the biggest throne who i'd never seen before.
Are these events related?

Sane_Man

Faith merchant questline spoiler:
She suddenly disappeared, so I went out exploring and the dude with the big hammer who was protecting her was hostile to me saying she's dead. How??

Hi guys, was hoping you could help me. I'm loving the game. I picked the Pyromancer class because I liked the idea of fusing spells with Bloodborne-esque agility and close-quarters combat.

However, I can never shake the sense that I'm doing something wrong in this game. Obviously I'll keep putting points in Faith and Intelligence to improve my spells, but the main area I want to focus on is my one-handed weapons, as I see the spells as an alternative option, really.

Where else should I be putting points? Vigor, Endurance, and Strength? I'm not quite sure. Bloodborne is my favourite one of these games, so ideally I'd like to play it similarly to that - albeit with a bit of spell casting thrown in for variety.

Should I start again, or can I mould my character into what I want over time?

(I'm almost done with the second boss by the way, if it helps.)

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom