• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Is there a special condition for Greirat's return from his pillaging tour? It's been like two RL hours and a bit of ingame progress later and the guy didn't return yet :S

Manu

Just in case someone else is a moron like me and didn't realize this until 12 hours into the game, like I did:

When using the "Travel" option on the bonfire, your current location will always show "Firelink Shrine" at the very bottom so you can go there directly. You don't need to scroll back to the first area on the menu.

Sanctuary

So are there actually any areas in this game that don't look straight out of Bloodborne? I'm up to the trash tier, Chalice Dungeon quality Catacombs, and it's like they didn't even try. The texture work is some of the worst I've ever seen too.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's a random drop from the knights.

They can drop their whole armor set, embers, titanite shards, regular shield, greatshield, sword, spear (depending on which one they're using)...

So many drops from one enemy type. And they're fun to fight. Worth farming for a bit after the Vordt bonfire.
Oops I guess I owned it the whole time. I just don't have enough strength yet to use it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit balls that felt amazing, I just killed
the Dancer
after wiping for over 2 hours, including a 1% wipe about an hour ago. And to make it even sweeter I was on 1% myself at the end.
60k souls
as well as a reward, I said God damn. I did use all of my weapon buffs though, although on the kill I had nothing on my weapon at all.

Time for a break as I'm way too wired to continue for now, it'll give me a chance to upload my latest kills and get something to eat as I'm bloody starving!

J-Rod

Is there a special condition for Greirat's return from his pillaging tour? It's been like two RL hours and a bit of ingame progress later and the guy didn't return yet :S

The first time you send him, he should always come back, I think. Second time requires certain conditions to be met. Third time he always dies or the mechanic to save him is undiscovered. If he dies on the second or third outing, you can find his ashes in the same zone he went to scour and give them to the handmaiden.

Roussow

I'm thinking about taking a break from story progression to get into pvp and co-op. How best to do this, are covenants essential? Should I just be dropping summon signs around bosses my level for co-op? Is just popping cracked red-eye orbs a good way to start invading?

I forgot, but isnt one of the shield have the same effect?

Yeah, it does, I should say that general buffs and status effects (that aren't already on screen, like when you're poisoned) a listed there, too, not just ring stuff, there's even a consumable item that regens stamina quickly, when used it displays the 3 green arrows for its duration.

Oddly it seems like there's currently no walkthroughs on YouTube that don't use pyromancy on those Lothric knights. I've yet to witness someone beating them through melee, and I certainly can't.

Kite them to do 1v1 and use your shield to parry them, they are very easy to parry. Also bait them to attack you and just go ham on them.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
25807549903_39d11142f3_o.png

so awesome

click to enlarge ^^

Badgerst3

Side question- huge fan of the series and got the game yesterday.

Sadly my ps4 is semi-functional and set to be sent for Sony service this Sat.

If I install and begin playing- how can I confirm my progress is saved online?

Imagine after ps4 return and repair- I will just need to reinstall the game and download my saved game?

Thx in advance.

God the regular enemy version of the first boss after the tutorial area is harder than the boss itself, fuck this guy. Going down an elevator for like a fifth time

J-Rod

Side question- huge fan of the series and got the game yesterday.

Sadly my ps4 is semi-functional and set to be sent for Sony service this Sat.

If I install and begin playing- how can I confirm my progress is saved online?

Imagine after ps4 return and repair- I will just need to reinstall the game and download my saved game?

Thx in advance.

Go to settings > system data storage (i think) > data in system storage > upload to online storage > pick ds3 and select ok. You can also select copy to a usb stick if you wish.

I assume you can just redownload from online or the usb stick after your ps4 is returned.

Lemonheap

Banned
Are you playing online? Usually boss areas have a ton of summons before them, and the occasional ground message telling you.

Nah, I play offline. Have always done that, don't like the messages or seeing other players. Don't have steam in online mode either. Sweet, sweet disconnect.

Losing the shards is a chore, but going WTF at that new boss that just appeared is awesome.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Oh god, are you telling me they are even more complicated now? Am I going to have to once again Google that a character went back to an area which I have zero reason to go back to again nor do I have any way to know that said character would go there?

Other character's impact other NPC's depend on specific circumstances and the requirements for some seem very strict. In other words, a flow chart will be needed if you are going for some specific achievements lol....

Rutti

Yesterday I posted that my physical copy's steam code was ruined. Luckily I got a new one from Bamco. I'm going to jump in tomorrow.

J-Rod

Having trouble finding the third light in
Swamp near Farron
the most recent bonfire was the covenant one for
Watchdogs

Probably need to backtrack a bit from that bonfire. They are all in the same
swamp
area, but I don't think any are after that bonfire.

Can anyone explain why the uchigatana is supposed to be such a good weapon? I
killed the guy outside of firelink
and got the weapon, but the stats don't seem all that impressive not sure if it's a spoiler or not but the attribute bonuses
are only an E to strength and D to dex
unless I don't understand how stat scaling works, those seem pretty low and the damage isn't that high either. I'm only a lvl 20 right now and am still in the first area, but even at this point that doesn't seem super impressive. Does upgrading it help it more than upgrading other weapons?

J-Rod

and got the weapon, but the stats don't seem all that impressive not sure if it's a spoiler or not but the attribute bonuses
unless I don't understand how stay scaling works, those seem pretty low. I'm only a lvl 20 right now and am still in the first area, but even at this point that doesn't seem super impressive. Does upgrading it help it more than upgrading other weapons?

I think it has a
bleed
effect that is pretty good. Also, some people get the fire gem as a starting gift and after you infuse it, you have pretty damn good starting weapon.

Side quest question from the 2nd area:

The guy I saved from the cell and gave him the bone, now he's curled up not letting me buy anything. I really wanted to buy the fire arrows he had. Anyway to get him to sell again?

Zocano

unless I don't understand how stat scaling works, those seem pretty low and the damage isn't that high either. I'm only a lvl 20 right now and am still in the first area, but even at this point that doesn't seem super impressive. Does upgrading it help it more than upgrading other weapons?

The scaling goes up much higher as you upgrade it.

Roussow

Nah, I play offline. Have always done that, don't like the messages or seeing other players. Don't have steam in online mode either. Sweet, sweet disconnect.

Losing the shards is a chore, but going WTF at that new boss that just appeared is awesome.

Usually boss rooms are pretty identifiable, If you notice a giant empty room, around half the time it's going to be a boss. Another tip is that you could keep Homeward Bones in your quick select menu -- or even your item hot bar. You only need 3 seconds to quickly use it and teleport out.

Navy Bean

Side quest question from the 2nd area:

The guy I saved from the cell and gave him the bone, now he's curled up not letting me buy anything. I really wanted to buy the fire arrows he had. Anyway to get him to sell again?

Just give the man some time to grieve...his woman just died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom