• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Is there a decent counter to Ald
ritch's phase 2 arrows
other than just running away from them? Seems like it's impossible to dodge both that and the other attacks at the same time.

ISee

Having trouble finding the third light in
Swamp near Farron
the most recent bonfire was the covenant one for
Watchdogs

Hard to tell what the third light is for you...

But I assume it's the one at the other bonfire.
After climbing down the ladder move to the north west (assuming the ladder is right behind you and you aren't facing it). You should find the closed door and a bonfire near it (in a building). The third light is right after the bonfire (very well guarded).

I hope I remembered everything correctly....

Lemonheap

Banned
Usually boss rooms are pretty identifiable, If you notice a giant empty room, around half the time it's going to be a boss. Another tip is that you could keep Homeward Bones in your quick select menu -- or even your item hot bar. You only need 3 seconds to quickly use it and teleport out.

Well, this time it was a certain
crystal firing genteman
in a room that totally didn't look different from the rest of the place.

Frillen

Done for the evening. Took down the third boss
The Greatwood Tree.

Explored pretty much everything of Undead Settlement and just arrived to the second bonfire in the Road of Sacrifices. Really loving it thus far.

Auctopus

(area)
Dragonarch Peak
is basically a lore bomb,
FROM telling it like it is. Yeah, remember this guy? This happened. Remember this place? It's here now.

Is there a decent counter to Ald
ritch's phase 2 arrows
other than just running away from them? Seems like it's impossible to dodge both that and the other attacks at the same time.

I hate that move, such a pain. This is what I did.
As soon as you see the animation begin get as much distance as you can between you and Aldrich. Once the arrows start raining down just wait for them to get close to you and then sprint to the side of them and then right back towards the boss. By the time you get there the arrows will have hopefully stopped (goes on too dang long) and you will be able to put some damage into him.

cyba89

I finally defeated the A
byss Watchers
! That fight was tense and pretty awesome.
But I'm not a big fan of that
tomb
area after that.

ISee

Six bosses down.

Abyss Watchers
were hard but fun but
High Lord Wolnir
sucked. Granted the introduction was fantastic but the
spawning skeletons
messed me up several times. I hate stuff like that. But the
bridge before the boss
was awesome, I ran for my life.

Onemic

why do people say this game is more linear? At least from where I am(undead Settlement) it seems like absolutely anything but. That area has so many different paths you can take it makes my head spin.

Unai

Can I infuse a weapon with raw and later on infuse the same weapon with something else when I upgrade my stats? I'm focusing on upgrading my stamina bar and my HP first.

justjim89

Infusing a weapon hasn't always nullified the attribute scaling has it? That seems like a shitty change. Why would I ever want to infuse a weapon if it cancels the scaling?

Uthred

Feels pretty tough to go with a magic user, having to split flasks between mana and heals is rough (especially as casters tend to be squishy)

Unai

Infusing a weapon hasn't always nullified the attribute scaling has it? That seems like a shitty change. Why would I ever want to infuse a weapon if it cancels the scaling?

In Dark Souls 1 infusing it with fire or light completely nullified the scaling, and there were infusions that cancelled the current scalling but made the weapon scale with int or faith instead.

Zophar

why do people say this game is more linear? At least from where I am(undead Settlement) it seems like absolutely anything but. That area has so many different paths you can take it makes my head spin.
It's linear the same way that Bloodborne is, in that there's really only one "line" of areas you go through from start to finish, but this overlooks that every area is stupidly dense and full of twists and turns.

Sullichin

Man, it's going to be such a pain in the ass to platinum this with so many spells locked behind quest lines and covenants.

Yeah, I don't even care about the platinum at all, but this NPC questline stuff is irritating. I can't use a spell I wanted in this playthrough because an NPC never showed up for some reason I don't know. Fuck. This stuff is not intuitive at all to figure out on your own. Feels like there's no way I could know.

zma1013

Feels pretty tough to go with a magic user, having to split flasks between mana and heals is rough (especially as casters tend to be squishy)

Yeah I'm not so sure if that was such a great idea yet. It seems to ignore the fact that casters still have to heal like everyone else, unless they are just assuming people have to forcibly attune healing spells in which case that's dumb.

Unai

Yeah I'm not so sure if that was such a great idea yet. It seems to ignore the fact that casters still have to heal like everyone else, unless they are just assuming people have to forcibly attune healing spells in which case that's dumb.

The rationalization is that casters use ranged attacks so they tend to get hurt less.

J-Rod

If you go to upgrade a weapon, you can see the stat and scaling differences before you commit to the upgrade. That lets you sort of see the scaling, but only for one step above the current weapon's level.

zma1013

Yeah, I don't even care about the platinum at all, but this NPC questline stuff is irritating. I can't use a spell I wanted in this playthrough because an NPC never showed up for some reason I don't know. Fuck. This stuff is not intuitive at all to figure out on your own. Feels like there's no way I could know.

That's par for the course with these games. If you're not getting info from a guide or the internet, you WILL miss many things, even on subsequent playthroughs.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Still can't fucking connect to the godamn PS4 servers.

What the shit this is so, so, so fucking frustrating.

ARGH!!!

So, an NPC died.
The magic guy with the shield on his back.

Two
guys are now missing.
The one who watches the nun and the ex legion soldier

Is this supposed to happen or did I fuck up ? I always talked to everyone. Nobody is talking about this event though.

Sullichin

That's par for the course with these games. If you're not getting info from a guide or the internet, you WILL miss many things, even on subsequent playthroughs.

Yeah I'm familiar :D
But I don't remember them locking out pretty basic spells and stuff like that in previous games. I don't even know what I did wrong.

first sorcerer NPC died as expected. Used him to level up. Then the next NPC never showed up. She was there in my last game and I don't know what I did differently

zma1013

The rationalization is that casters use ranged attacks so they tend to get hurt less.

Yeah, I understand the rational but I'm not so sure it works out that way with the enemies being so fast and aggressive. It seems pretty easy for them to close the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom