• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man FUCK the
smouldering lake
, what the fuck :(

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Is there anyone else that can't, at all, connect to the PS4 servers?

It's been three days now and I still can't play online, it's making me furious. I wish I knew what the problem was.

Tried re-installing the game. Tried deleting the digital version and only using the disc. Also tried deleted and re-installing the patch and STILL NOTHING.

Somebody pleeeasseeee help me.

7cyGDKR.gif

Damn the game is bugged on PC it's making me mad now.

I wanted to have a "perfect save" with at least one of each item in the game on me (or the last item in a trade chain).

That's why I picked the Sovereignless Soul as a starting gift, I don't think you get this one in any other place.
I've not used it and it's god damn gone from my inventory. How the F am I going to get my perfect save in this state?
Raaaargh.

And on top of it, though less severe, the first
frost knight
bugged out and didn't give me the
frost straight sword

I hope now for a cheat table with item IDs so I can give me items I may lose for unknown reasons.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
good weapons to use for str builds but not heavy weapons like a great sword

Can you reset your stats like you did with the firekeepers in DS II? Or I'm stuck with a mage that is stuck with the same two spells since the start (I'm at Road of Sacrifices after the
Crystal Sage
) and still haven't found any new spells.

Also I'm totally surprised at the
lack of chests and illusory walls
so far into the game, maybe i haven't been looking hard enough.

Robiin

I thought I had been relatively thourough in my explorations. I have beaten so far (I'm currently up to the elevator down in the Undead Settlements)
Vordt, the Tree and did the Siegvard quest with him and beat the fire demon thingy. Also saved the Miracle vendor (where did her "friend" go by the way?)
. But now I skim through this thread and read about some NPC called
Greirat
. Any hints on where to go to find him? I don't want to look up too much so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Moosehole

Is there a specific reason why I was previously able to summon two phantoms and now I can seemingly only summon one? Or am I just extremely unlucky right now?

bidguy

Banned
secret area spoiler
just found the second firelink shrine holy shit. what is it ? can you place the cinders of a lord there instead of the regular shrine ?

Mandelbo

So after A
nor Londo
I suppose I've got to go to the Iri
thyll Dungeon
? Put one foot in that place and immediately didn't like it :p

Zophar

I thought I had been relatively thourough in my explorations. I have beaten so far (I'm currently up to the elevator down in the Undead Settlements)
Vordt, the Tree and did the Siegvard quest with him and beat the fire demon thingy. Also saved the Miracle vendor (where did her "friend" go by the way?)
Greirat
. Any hints on where to go to find him? I don't want to look up too much so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

He's locked up in Lothric. If you have a Cell Key in your inventory poke around the second bonfire.

Kinda feel like I am missing a lot of stuff or this game is pretty linear. 4 bosses down, including tutorial boss and 7h in.

Is the path after the
legion bossfight
the right one?

Sullichin

Like right now hes not hitting the dragons head in nameless king, so hes doing like 10 damage. But its so obvious i really cant imagine, how someone wouldnt figure that out in a second

Strange that someone who beat DS1 blindfolded would have a problem with that haha

I thought it was something like, he already played through DS3 but he's pretending that it's all new to him or something.

Thanks a lot was this info somewhere in the game how did you figure that out?

I know from previous games. Although the purple signs are new. I figured that out through context clues and the fact that I got attacked by one :D

The item descriptions for the white and red soapstone do explain this though.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I'm about to start this game, how far into the game before people start invading?

And to do this I just go to some boss area and look for a white marking or?

Heh the way I've been playing since dark souls (demon's community was smaller and had more risks with coop) is to drop a summon sign at the bonfire and help someone else while "previewing" the level with little risk to myself.

In Dark Souls 3, they've made it that your Hp and even your estus flask charges are different between your game and games you get summoned in. That means there is absolutely no risk to helping others (save for consumables you use while in their world) and you get free souls while helping them out.

Of course you can always just drop your sign down in front of fog doors if you want to quick souls and help ppl with bosses too.

Robiin

He's locked up in Lothric. If you have a Cell Key in your inventory poke around the second bonfire.
Thanks! I don't remember the names of the keys so far and don't have the game up - do I need the key the Firelink lady sells for 20 000? Haven't purchased that one yet! I bought her other key but I think I used that one in the
rat tunnels

BearPawB

Banned
Just beat
the boss of Anor Londo
and am starting on the
prison area

About how far am I/ how much do i have left? I don't want it to end!

Bronion

Greirat
Very general:
You passed him a while ago.

More specific:
He's in
Lothric.

Thanks! I don't remember the names of the keys so far and don't have the game up - do I need the key the Firelink lady sells for 20 000? Haven't purchased that one yet! I bought her other key but I think I used that one in the
rat tunnels

It's a pick-up, not bought.

Is there anyone else that can't, at all, connect to the PS4 servers?

It's been three days now and I still can't play online, it's making me furious. I wish I knew what the problem was.

Tried re-installing the game. Tried deleting the digital version and only using the disc. Also tried deleted and re-installing the patch and STILL NOTHING.

Somebody pleeeasseeee help me.

7cyGDKR.gif

What's your NAT Type?

Siegward
doesn't spawn for me at
Cleansing Chapel
. I helped
Siegward
, and then I opened the Tower at Firelink, making
Patches come to Firelink
before I went to the
Chapel
. I think that's what messed it up. Goddamn it.

Any possible solutions?? Wiki doesn't describe this situation..

J-Rod

So, an NPC died.
The magic guy with the shield on his back.

Two
guys are now missing.
The one who watches the nun and the ex legion soldier

Is this supposed to happen or did I fuck up ? I always talked to everyone. Nobody is talking about this event though.

Check around outside fire link shrine the missing person(s).

The dead npc always dies after a certain point of storyline progression but
is replaced by another npc if you level up 5 times with him before he dies.

Strange that someone who beat DS1 blindfolded would have a problem with that haha

I thought it was something like, he already played through DS3 but he's pretending that it's all new to him or something.

I know from previous games. Although the purple signs are new. I figured that out through context clues and the fact that I got attacked by one :D

The item descriptions for the white and red soapstone do explain this though.
Oh cool I summoned a red ghost and he tried to attack me, I dodged and he ran away somewhere else killing some enemies then died like a hero after being cornered by 3

Ricker

Wooo...tried an ember and got someone within seconds to help with the first Boss,we made it easily...so the Soul of Voldyr something,I just use for a bunch a souls I guess,it doesn't say what it does...?

Is he still doing his "first" playthrough?

He claims so, but its really hard to imagine it actually is, since he generally seems like hes just poorly acting like it is the majority of the time.
Like arriving at
Unintended graves
and saying
What did they say this area was cemetery of ash?

Sullichin

Kinda feel like I am missing a lot of stuff or this game is pretty linear. 4 bosses down, including tutorial boss and 7h in.

Is the path after the
legion bossfight
the right one?

It's "a" right path, but it sounds like you missed another way before that boss fight.
There is another way out of Crucifixion Woods besides Farron Keep.

J-Rod

Siegward
doesn't spawn for me at
Cleansing Chapel
. I helped
Siegward
, and then I opened the Tower at Firelink, making
Patches come to Firelink
before I went to the
Chapel
. I think that's what messed it up. Goddamn it.

Any possible solutions?? Wiki doesn't describe this situation..

Did you help him fight the flame monster in undead settlement? If so, he didn't spawn in the well for me until after I basically beat the zone. It may have been after I beat the boss. I would check the well periodically as you progress.

Robiin

Wooo...tried an ember and got someone within seconds to help with the first Boss,we made it easily...so the Sould of Voldyr something,I just use for a bunch a souls I guess,it doesn't say what it does...?

Is this your first Souls game?

In general, don't use soul items from bosses simply to gain souls. They serve a higher purpose. You can
trade them for special boss weapons
a little futher into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom