• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roussow

So...should I draw out true strength?

giphy.gif

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
What's your NAT Type?

Checking now. I dicked around with the DNS and MTU settings a while back in an attempt to increase download speed. I think that may have fucked things up.

NAT type just says "failed"

EDIT: Everything else works fine. PS Store, downloading games etc...

Ricker

Is this your first Souls game?

In general, don't use soul items from bosses simply to gain souls. They serve a higher purpose. You can
trade them for special boss weapons
a little futher into the game.

Ah cool, thanks for the tip.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
good weapons to use for str builds but not heavy weapons like a great sword

Broadsword with Heavy infusion scales for STR, served me well through the entire game. Quick enough to attack how you like but can hit hard. Doesn't leave you open.

Oh, thanks.

Can you guide me in the right direction? Will go to sleep now and read your reply tomorrow, thanks in advance though!

From the bonfire located on the raised island in the Crucifixion Woods, look to the far left of the elongated edge of the island that the giant crab likes to hang out in front of.

There's a stone building with a set of stairs that lead from the shallow water of the woods up into it.

masterkajo

Question about the area after the second boss
In the Undead Settlement there are these Skeletons in a cage enemies. I killed one of those behind a hut and noticed that it has a lot more health than the normal ones. Then I found some messages on the floor saying "friend". Did I just kill an NPC? Is there a way to "revive" him? Am I missing out on much? This is Dark Souls 1 all over again when I killed the Merchant in Undead Burg.

What's up with the bug that kills animations when summoned? I got summoned for an encounter and none of the enemies including the boss did anything except glide around. I wouldn't take any damage either it was super weird and made me wonder what he was seeing.

Did you help him fight the flame monster in undead settlement? If so, he didn't spawn in the well for me until after I basically beat the zone. It may have been after I beat the boss. I would check the well periodically as you progress.
Awesome, thanks a lot!

I helped him and I didn't clear the zone yet, so that might be it :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In the Undead Settlement there are these Skeletons in a cage enemies. I killed one of those behind a hut and noticed that it has a lot more health than the normal ones. Then I found some messages on the floor saying "friend". Did I just kill an NPC? Is there a way to "revive" him? Am I missing out on much? This is Dark Souls 1 all over again when I killed the Merchant in Undead Burg.

You killed his ass, pal. For shame. You're not missing out on much, but you did what you did. smh...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just trounced the
Vordt
with two summoned friends. Should I keep his soul or cash it in?

Only cash it in for a weapon or spell or miracle. Don't "use" them.

Really quick question, but what does it mean when you start glowing with embers?

Means its fucking lit. It's your "humanity" restoration, health and dmg bump. Opens you to invasions. Lets you call in friends.

Cob32

missed a chance to join a covenant. There's another chance to get it later but you need to follow certain steps as it comes from an npc quest.

Besaide

Think you killed
Cornyx of the Great Swamp. Only important if you want pyromancy training.

Sullichin

Oh, thanks.

Can you guide me in the right direction? Will go to sleep now and read your reply tomorrow, thanks in advance though!

From
Crucifixion Woods bonfire, there's an area with some ruined interiors. If you find mage enemies and a crystal lizard you are headed in the right direction.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, so does it just come and go randomly?

Thanks for responding by the way. :)

You can trigger it manually by using an Ember, it also happens when you defeat a boss or help someone defeat a boss.

Lux R7

I'm 29 yo. From is the only SH that, with the Dark Souls series, makes me feel like a little boy. An happy little boy. Thanks From.

Dark Souls 3 is just amazing.

Manu

missed a chance to join a covenant. There's another chance to get it later but you need to follow certain steps as it comes from an npc quest.

Think you killed
Cornyx of the Great Swamp. Only important if you want pyromancy training.

Really?

I didn't kill him but
the only think he did was talk about how a nana was missing, or something. What did I have to do to trigger additional dialogue?

NEO0MJ

I got a good laugh when (maybe 1/8 into the game)
The Darkwraith made his way just in front of the fog gate to the Abyss Watchers boss fight but then kept going back and forth after killing everyone outside, like it wasn't sure if it can handle what's inside. Also, what do they do with their grab other than damage now that they can't steal humanity?

He claims so, but its really hard to imagine it actually is, since he generally seems like hes just poorly acting like it is the majority of the time.
Like arriving at
Unintended graves
and saying
What did they say this area was cemetery of ash?

Career streamers, breh. This is what they have to do because for every smart viewer they have 50 dumb ones who don't cough up money when they arent being patronized.

What's up with the bug that kills animations when summoned? I got summoned for an encounter and none of the enemies including the boss did anything except glide around. I wouldn't take any damage either it was super weird and made me wonder what he was seeing.

Holy crap this is a thing? I summoned a dude for the second boss fight and watched him glide around and take no damage while basically soloing the boss. I called him a Hacker over the mic chat enabled, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really?

I didn't kill him but
the only think he did was talk about how a nana was missing, or something. What did I have to do to trigger additional dialogue?

You may find her later. Somewhere else. On something else.
You'll know it when you see it.

npa189

Thanks all, I think I missed the red soapstone somewhere too, is it back at the beginning? feels like I should have found it by now.

nevermind, I thought you needed an item to leave messages. lol

Ohnonono

I want to use a one handed axe and a shield because I am a viking king of death. Are there any good str/dex build 1 handed axes up in this thing?

Sullichin

I got a good laugh when (maybe 1/8 into the game)
The Darkwraith made his way just in front of the fog gate to the Abyss Watchers boss fight but then kept going back and forth after killing everyone outside, like it wasn't sure if it can handle what's inside. Also, what do they do with their grab other than damage now that they can't steal humanity?

Believe it heals them now instead. With your life force.

KHlover

Banned
Hmm sure hope the Glaive gets better as I upgrade it. Right now it barely deals more damage per hit than my Broadsword at the same upgrade level while being way WAY slower. Meh.

MegaMelon

Goddammnit beat a boss and now I've locked myself out of a questline.
I'm referring to the place right after you fight the first lord of cinder.

Anri is gone. Now I can't get the Usurption of fire ending. I don't mind too much since age of dark is still my go to choice but I wish these quests weren't so obtuse.

Sullichin

never ever use a boss soul for anything other than creating weapons

you can get the souls easily from enemies but the weapons will be locked out till you start NG+

Unless you don't want the weapons/spells/rings of course

Depending on your character build, many of them will be useless for you

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Welp my ashen one looks like a mummy now

Congrats on your
5 bonus levels
it's just cosmetic!

Unless you found some Mummy Wraps. I dig the Mummy set.

There is no Mummy Set

Sanctuary

Unless you're this guy:

You serious? The area I am talking about is one of the laziest designs I've ever seen, and looks procedurally generated. There are many areas in this game that look very nice. They just don't make me think of Dark Souls at all.

Despera

Banned
So Amazon lost my Collector's Edition copy and had this to say for themselves after issuing a refund...

Hello

First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you thus far. I do understand how frustrating this must have been to you. We value our customers' trust above all else--it is the foundation upon whichAmazon.com was built.

I understand that you would like to status of the order.

As a Prime Member, we value you the most. I know refund would not compensate the inconvenience caused to you, however, I will go ahead and extend your Prime membership by one month.

For the best customer experience, we are totally dependent on the carrier. Sometimes, carrier may lost the package when it is in transit. This usually does not happen.

Hope this will help you.

If you run through any issue, feel free to get back to us. We are available 24X7.
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
I waited 5 months for this :'(

vladdamad

secret area spoiler
just found the second firelink shrine holy shit. what is it ? can you place the cinders of a lord there instead of the regular shrine ?

Damn I wish I hadn't highlighted this but now I am super intrigued lol. In which general direction is this secret area? I am currently at the C
onsumed
K
ing
boss fight, am I able to access it at the moment or do I have to progress the storyline further?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom