• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISee

I just wanted to farm some souls before going to bed tonight. And I thought well you could try to kill those skeletons
on the bridge
right before
High Lord Wolnir
And then the
bridge collapsed
and then there was
a fire demon
and now I'm standing here ...

WTF game, I wanted to go to bed. Why Dark Souls, WHY?! And holy shit, what a way to discover an area. Now I'm way to excited to go to bed. Thank you Miyazaki!

darksoulsiii_2016_04_9rzah.png

chris121580

Finally finished this today! Enjoyed the hell out of this game from beginning to end. For the record, I bought it 3 weeks ago so I've been playing it for awhile. I also plan to hold off on journey 2 until I can help some of my fellow comrades with boss fights

GulAtiCa

Guess the attack on ladders wasn't in DkS1? I just assumed going into DkS3 thinking it was a standard mechanic. Guess was implemented in DkS2? Or just people didn't know about it till now?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh; I thought this was DkS1 old

FUCK SWAMP AREA.
I barely found 2 fires, 4 seems impossible, considering I can't even see one in the tower, when overviewing the entire area. This area will make me drop the game.

masterkajo

You killed his ass, pal. For shame. You're not missing out on much, but you did what you did. smh...

missed a chance to join a covenant. There's another chance to get it later but you need to follow certain steps as it comes from an npc quest.

Think you killed
Cornyx of the Great Swamp. Only important if you want pyromancy training.

Well what is it now? I hope I didn't kill the
Pyromancy guy since I intended to go pyromancy. Also is the skeletons in a cage NPC the one that lets me join the covenant? Could you guys give me his name?

Question: Im in the
Watchdogs
Covenant but was curious how you invade as a
Sunbro
? I hear you can this time around? I found the covenant item, am i missing something?

Draper

Ha, bought a talisman and upgraded my faith slightly just so I could use the small heal miracle only to find out that FP doesn't automatically replenish

Manu

Yoel of Londor quest spoilers
He died in my game, despite me not accepting the Dark Sigil from him. He died after I killed a female pilgrim in Irythill when I reached the second bonfire. She was posing as a statue but messages on the floor told me to attack. She said it "would be an honor" to die by my hand, but then she said "why? Miss Yuria..." when I killed her. Then I returned to Firelink and Yoel had died. What now?

Ferrio

Banned
So I assume you need to be proficient in a miracle tool in order to cast miracles even if you have the requirements for that miracle?

Yoel of Londor quest spoilers
He died in my game, despite me not accepting the Dark Sigil from him. He died after I killed a female pilgrim in Irythill when I reached the second bonfire. She was posing as a statue but messages on the floor told me to attack. She said it "would be an honor" to die by my hand, but then she said "why? Miss Yuria..." when I killed her. Then I returned to Firelink and Yoel had died. What now?

Can you post locations of this pilgrim, i havent heard this discussed before, but yeah its a complicated quest

Aurongel

Old Demon King
absolutely wrecks me no matter who I summon. Frequently one-shots me and wrecks co-op people with AOE. Can't really proceed without him and the ruins beneath him seem like a dead end.

Pretty much stuck, gonna put this down for a little while unfortunately. The linearity really hurts the game when you just bash your head against a wall like this.

jaekeem

Damn I wish I hadn't highlighted this but now I am super intrigued lol. In which general direction is this secret area? I am currently at the C
onsumed
K
ing
boss fight, am I able to access it at the moment or do I have to progress the storyline further?

if u wanna access the secret area keep going the way you are

Old Demon King
absolutely wrecks me no matter who I summon. Frequently one-shots me and wrecks co-op people with AOE. Can't really proceed without him and the ruins beneath him seem like a dead end.

Pretty much stuck, gonna put this down for a little while unfortunately. The linearity really hurts the game when you just bash your head against a wall like this.

try using a red bug thingie (the item that buffs your fire resists)

also, if you wanna know about linearity and don't mind a little hint in that regard
old demon king is an optional boss

bidguy

Banned
Damn I wish I hadn't highlighted this but now I am super intrigued lol. In which general direction is this secret area? I am currently at the C
onsumed
K
ing
boss fight, am I able to access it at the moment or do I have to progress the storyline further?

cant miss it at that point

Sullichin

Thanks for the info. Must not have noticed it. I imagine it might be useful in a pinch when you eventually get it.

Don't you still need them to get the trophy?

I guess you do. I don't care about trophies though. Also seems like a chore to focus on that your first playthrough.

Manu

Can you post locations of this pilgrim, i havent heard this discussed before, but yeah its a complicated quest

Second bonfire (Church) right after passing the front door but before the bonfire, look to the left. There are some status that look like children holding swords. The one standing by the corner is the pilgrim in disguise.

Cob32

Well what is it now? I hope I didn't kill the
Pyromancy guy since I intended to go pyromancy. Also is the skeletons in a cage NPC the one that lets me join the covenant? Could you guys give me his name?

What exactly did you kill? A big guy carrying a cage or a stationary cage with something in?

Old Demon King

Not sure if you are aware or not but
the area and boss is optional so it isn't really linear

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I remember people shitting on the Sorcerer class/magic builds in the Import thread, but did the 1.03 patch buff magic a lot? I decided to give the Sorcerer a try last night, and while I only played for an hour or so, I'm just blowing through the very early parts. Soul Arrow made the tutorial boss a complete joke (not that he's terribly hard for melee classes) and I was even able to lay waste to that badass phantom outside of Firelink Shrine at the beginning.

Choice between two boss greatswords
Farron and Wolf
which is more effective PVP and PVE Wise?
also two more questions
How do i get to the cathedral
Also what the FUCK is going on with these Catacombs

masterkajo

What exactly did you kill? A big guy carrying a cage or a stationary cage with something in?

A stationary cage with lots of skeletons in it.
I did not miss out on the covenant since I just found it. The guy with the cage on the back took me there. Also, I don't think the guy was the pyromancer so I should be save at least on this end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom