• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people do this shit
3C3D65453F5D002D3367FA7502EEBFBA1B0BB3D2

Ogawa-san

GAF, I'm out of ideas...
how do I get the item by the P
rofaned
C
apital
bonfire?
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but
right after you get out of that circular place with the bonfire (and attacked by the flying stone fire-spewing gargoyle thing), look around and you'll find a ladder to get back in. You'll get through that window with the item.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but
right after you get out of that circular place with the bonfire (and attacked by the flying stone fire-spewing gargoyle thing), look around and you'll find a ladder to get back in. You'll get through that window with the item.

Probably are, lemme check

Anyone else having issues with password summoning? My friend and I can see each other's summoning signs, and are able to "summon" the other. But it just sits for a second saying summoning, and then fails.

Manu

So, after most bosses so far taking me really, really few tries (some of them 1),
Pontiff Sulyvahn
might just make me ragequit the game.

Man, the G
reat
S
cythe
feels so good to use. Where can I get more Sharp gems? I used one on my Uchi already. And does increase Luck increase Bleed effect? I've seen people talk about it before, but not in this OT.

cathedral of the deep
is exhausting. I'm worn out man

After the crossbows, that one section where you walk by a tiny room and then three enemies come out to fuck with you... pretty damn frustrating, then I remembered I had alluring skulls.

Hate it when I am forced to grind. The beauty of souls games is you can power through no matter what... but ocassionally they forget about it.

Abyss watchers are impossible until I grind some more stamina. Each of them is faster than me, can do more swings than me, and I can't block them at all, cuz they insta break my shit.

Are throwing daggers any different?
I didn't use them in Dark Souls I or II but after Bloodborne & how useful pebbles were, I felt the need to use something for pulling and throwing daggers seemed to work okay the couple of times I used them.

I've got a ton of them and I havent even tried.

Also, these Undead Matron witches....I like big women but not like this. Setting yourself on fire while giving me a bear hug is entirely unnecessary.

Whoyouare

I remember people shitting on the Sorcerer class/magic builds in the Import thread, but did the 1.03 patch buff magic a lot? I decided to give the Sorcerer a try last night, and while I only played for an hour or so, I'm just blowing the very early parts. Soul Arrow made the tutorial boss a complete joke (not that he's terribly hard for melee classes) and I was even able to lay waste to that badass phantom outside of Firelink Shrine at the beginning.

This is not what I wanted to hear. I skipped the sorcerer and went knight as everyone said they sucked. Bummer....maybe I'll start over....

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The "Bonfire ahead" joke is getting old too lol.

Never run into that, it's always been accurate.

The illusory walls thing is so tired now. The fact that they manage to get upvoted like 50+ times a piece is genuinely baffling.

KingKong

so what weapon are you guys using?

I still haven't found anything I like more than the longsword I started with, everything else I try is either too slow or underwhelming and doesnt have as great of a moveset

Hypron

Are throwing daggers any different?
I didn't use them in Dark Souls I or II but after Bloodborne & how useful pebbles were, I felt the need to use something for pulling and throwing daggers seemed to work okay the couple of times I used them.

Throwing knives are useful in DaS3. You throw them real fast.
Kukris
are a legit source of damage though, with a str/dex build they do more than 300 damage.

Zeliard

Too bad they removed power stances. Would love to be able to do that with some of these weapons, especially the ones that don't really work well as a main weapon but would have great passive properties for an off-hand.

As it stands there doesn't seem to be a point to dual-wielding unless you're using one of those Twin-category weapons.

Zocano

The illusory walls thing is so tired now. The fact that they manage to get upvoted like 50+ times a piece is genuinely baffling.

I always make sure to favor messages saying "step forward" over cliffs.

Vorheez

% of the game I reckon

Awesome :). I don't want it to end!

They do it because it's funny. Come on guys, you seriously don't see the amusement in a community that is desperate to discover any and all secrets only to endless bang their weapons against a wall? Its great. Imagine how you'll feel when one of them is actually telling the truth haha

Agreed. At this point I prefer following a "treasure ahead" message to find an ambush in an empty room since it's at least a bit more original. Alas, almost all of the false messages have been the crappy old illusory wall joke.

Anybody have any tips to get matchmaking (specifically password) to work?

Every time either my friend or I summon each other, it sits for a second and then says "unable to summon". Both of us are able to summon strangers just fine.

Zocano

Hate it when I am forced to grind. The beauty of souls games is you can power through no matter what... but ocassionally they forget about it.

Abyss watchers are impossible until I grind some more stamina. Each of them is faster than me, can do more swings than me, and I can't block them at all, cuz they insta break my shit.

Time for rolling

Time for Skill

Where do you get the key that unlocks the door by the rats near Dilapidated Bridge?

Near the fourth bonfire,
there's an area where a ton of great arrows are in the ground. There's an item there that you can give to the Handmaiden at Firelink. Once you do that, she sells the key.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking
smouldering lake
I hate this place. I was bound to hate one zone at least, I assumed it would be the poison area, but this takes the cake

Have you tried to git gud? I beat it on my first try

Also my dick is huge

Is the water in firelink shrine always green, or did I do something to change its color? I don't remember it being green before, but then again I might have missed it.

so what weapon are you guys using?

I still haven't found anything I like more than the longsword I started with, everything else I try is either too slow or underwhelming and doesnt have as great of a moveset

I've been maining the Uchigatana and Great Scythe, since I decided to do a Dex build. Longbow for pulling and sniping as well.

Zocano

Those of you who have beaten the game. Lvl 45 at Cathedral seem about right? Its not very challenging at the moment imo.

Overleveled definitely. Unfortunately I was in the same situation :/

Too easy to overlevel when you partake in PvP and coop.

I think it's more for 30s

Time for rolling

Time for Skill

My rolls don't travel far enough to escape the combos and I don't have enough stamina to roll 3 times, meaining I get hit by the 3rd hit simply due to lack o the Stamina as a resource. ergo me saying about needing to level it up.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well if you do Farron Keep before Cathedral you'd level up a bunch, doesn't seem that abnormal assuming that's the path you took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom