• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

I know. He is of absolutely no help though. he gets stomped in about 3 seconds and I can't even contribute and try to hit the target in the meantime, cuz they just all spin to win covering entire area of their rave party in active damage hitboxes.

All of this has to do with one problem really. Their attacks have no sycnh between them. Basically, it mean the existence of safe moment to attack is not a pattern, it's purely randomized. And I have terrible luck with those. Everytime I fight multiple bosses, they just do their most obnoxious attacks all right after another... I geniunely believe I am cursed like that. People beat Ornstein and Smoug at SL 1 somehow, everytime I fight them it's always constant active attacking hitbox I need to dodge.

Well, feel free to grind to level up if you feel like this. Everyone has their weaknesses when it comes to bosses.

How's equip load work here? Like Dark 1 had the thresholds for fast/med/slow rolls, and Dark 2 just had slow roll for over 70% but faster stamina regen the lower you went.

Manu

I always hoped "downvoting" a note enough would cause it to be removed, so the community would eventually get rid of fake illusion wall notes even if some people find it "hilarious".

For me it's the second boss with most deaths to, first being
Old Demon King but only because of camera issues

I want to say it's an epic fight, but
the whole thing with 360 slashes and how he could goddamn combo with them got old almost instantly. And then he split and everything goes to hell
. Unasked advice:
I could kill the split image while it was being summoned if I had full stamina. Trying to fight both at once never went well.

I could pay to watch someone killing it without a shield. Boss is relentless.

And the he fucking WHAT?

I've probably tried 20 times now and can't even deplete his lifebar more than 10 or 20%. Jesus.

Yay, I beat it, now I can look online to see the cool stuff I missed and will immediately be going back for! For one the whole NPC stories aspect just dropped off the map for me late game.
Despite a few other contenders my standard axe carried me all the way through the game.

Ending spoilers:
Awww I got screwed, I meant to go for the whole fuck the fire end with the firekeeper eyes starting point but didn't know how to actually initiate it (tried the ol' DS1 routine, nope) so the age of fire continues, bleh.

patientx

I am trying to get some fps for this in an old amd laptop. (a6-3400m with dual graphics) Everything is in low but the game looks really great for lowest setting, ı am getting 25-30 fps avarage but when fighting with big bosses enemies , fps really drops. Any other tip or trick to be able to run it better at this circumstances. ( I am already playing this on my desktop in 1080p 60fps but just trying to find out what is achievable in the laptop)

I read that 30% was a threshold for roll distance and I-frames but can't confirm.

<70% is the fast roll. I think the lower your %, the farther you roll, or more i-frames.

How's equip load work here? Like Dark 1 had the thresholds for fast/med/slow rolls, and Dark 2 just had slow roll for over 70% but faster stamina regen the lower you went.

0-30% Fastest state: very fast rolls that go the furthest, with 13 iframes. Fast Backsteps
30-70% Regular state: medium rolls with 13 iframes. Fast Backsteps
70-100% Slow state: "fat" slow and short rolls, 12 iframes Slow Backsteps.
Over 100% Overburdened: cannot roll or backstep

Hypron

0-30% Fastest state: very fast rolls that go the furthest, with 13 iframes. Fast Backsteps
30-70% Regular state: medium rolls with 13 iframes. Fast Backsteps
70-100% Slow state: "fat" slow and short rolls, 12 iframes Slow Backsteps.
Over 100% Overburdened: cannot roll or backstep

Thanks!

Cheers but I don't know where they are. Ones at the beginning don't have the GS IIRC.

Yeah they don't. You will know when you meet them because they're freaking scary haha

blackw0lf

Hey guys, lets put a huge swap full of Loison, people love those, right? While we're at it, lets put a deeper part on it where your movement is severely restricted and you can only fat roll. To make it even more awesome, let's put a bunch of curse spewing basilisks! Genius!

Mentioned earlier in the thread. Supposedly you can find a path that takes you above it and on dry land.

Plum

OK, so I'm a bit worried that I'm rushing through the game.

I'm 9 and a half hours in and have got to the first bonfire in the C
atacombs
. How far do I have left until the end of the game?

Mothman91

So I'm trying to get the hammer boss weapon, but I don't have his soul. I damn know I didn't use it to acquire souls, wtf. Anyone else have this problem? I just have the tree soul and that's it. I haven't used any boss souls to acquire anything besides one weapon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's stupid. Mimics in previous games were effective because they were rare. Here you have so many of them that you can't forget about them.
Too early to say that...

Where do I go next? I just beat the third boss, the
Crystal Sage. I headed into the Cathedral of Deep a bit, kicked down a ladder. Lit a bonfire in a church, couldn't open the big blue door on top of the stairs. Then I went back and discovered Farron Keep, where I extinguished two flames out of three already. Which path should I take and any advice on either?

So I'm trying to get the hammer boss weapon, but I don't have his soul. I damn know I didn't use it to acquire souls, wtf. Anyone else have this problem? I just have the tree soul and that's it. I haven't used any boss souls to acquire anything besides one weapon.

Did you buy the Pontiff's Left Eye ring? It uses the same soul to get Vordt's Great Hammer

Manu

Yeah, fuck this guy. I was doing so well up to this point too.

I mean, this guy should be a fucking Lord of Cinder too. Abyss Watchers ain't got shit on him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, it's stupid. Mimics in previous games were effective because they were rare. Here you have so many of them that you can't forget about them.

ive seen 3 in 25 hours?

GorillaJu

My rolls don't travel far enough to escape the combos and I don't have enough stamina to roll 3 times, meaining I get hit by the 3rd hit simply due to lack o the Stamina as a resource. ergo me saying about needing to level it up.

Even 10 in Endurance is enough for 5, 6 rolls. Out of stamina in 3, really?

You aren't forced to grind. There's nothing special about Watchers, it's like any other boss.

jb1234

I just got booted out of a boss battle (which I was doing well on) with a "Steam connection failed" error message. That is annoying as fuck.

Mothman91

Did you buy the Pontiff's Left Eye ring? It uses the same soul to get Vordt's Great Hammer

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

thanks though, I'm blown. Was doing a strength build and that had high strength for me to use. Hopefully there's is another weapon with strength only scaling...

Zeliard

Steam dies and a million voices cry out in anguish.

That had to really suck for anyone in the middle of a boss fight or some other important thing, since being kicked from the server boots you to the main menu.

Cob32

Crystal Sage. I headed into the Cathedral of Deep a bit, kicked down a ladder. Lit a bonfire in a church, couldn't open the big blue door on top of the stairs. Then I went back and discovered Farron Keep, where I extinguished two flames out of three already. Which path should I take and any advice on either?

Head right from those big blue doors. There's a path you missed.

GorillaJu

Either. They're both about equal in terms of game progress.

Pachinko

Seems steam just went down hard in case anyone is having troubles.

:(

I'm terrible at this game but I want to play it some more so hopefully steam come back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom