• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Oh shit, there's a (concerns ending even though i'm only two hours in)
way to get multiple endings in this one that's actually kinda in depth?
PLEASE TELL ME.

Sullichin

Do you want to use the axe? Therein lies the answer. It's not a shit weapon, there aren't any shit weapons.

To add to this, which is totally true, there's no harm in upgrading a weapon a little bit if you're still unsure about it or just want to be a little stronger for an area. You can find more titanite.

Dahbomb

Beat 3 bosses today.
Crystal Sage
Deacons of the Deep
Highlord (giant skeleton guy)

First two bosses were super duper free, bummed rushed them and just slashed with the UGS. No deaths on either of them.

Highlord hit me with the okie doke when I first fought up (the mist that one shots you). 2nd time he managed to corner, I tried to get behind him but apparently you just get one shotted if you attempt that. 3rd time I beat him. This boss is stupid easy but there are some cheesy mechanics that instantly kill you. Very lame boss.

Made it to the
Boreal Valley
and got ambushed by some
Old Watchdog looking monster
and died. I think that's enough for me today lol!

Sullichin

So reading, people who pirated the game can play online with legit owners with a patch.

Its like borderlands 1 all over again lol

Not a horrible thing, the more the merrier!

I heard there is a trainer out. Hope that doesn't work online lol

Honestly, DS1 and 2 were blown completely open with Cheat Engine and it hardly mattered. Hundreds, thousands of hours in those games and cheaters were still rare. But, I am sure I fought many people who just made their (legitimate) build with CE. After beating the game so many times it's tempting to just be able to create the character you want for PVP. Again, no harm in that, unless you are going to cheat.

Do you want to use the axe? Therein lies the answer. It's not a shit weapon, there aren't any shit weapons.

(sorry I'm not entirely familiar with this games systems) so the axe does not scale with attributes. Does that mean it will only gain power if I reinforce it and not if I level my dex or strength? I like using it but I'm just concerned about the future and it's usefulness. Right now it has so much more power than my other weapons though so I'm not entirely sure where it's getting its strength

Anung

Un Rama
Finished this today with 40 hours on the clock. Was by no means rushing either but to be honest I didn't find it all that hard. And I don't mean that in a bragging git gud way. More just that I've played so much Souls that the tricks and bosses aren't as effective at catching me off guard or punishing me. Great game though. I think I loved it more than bloodborne which says a lot considering how much I love Lovecraft.

Really looking forward to experimenting with builds and NG+ plus some jolly co-operation.

Also I think this might have the best music in the series. Which is crazy considering how incredible each soundtrack is.

Neverfade

Is there any detailed info out there on infusions?

If something removes scaling from a weapon does that mean its damage isn't going to go up anymore after its infused?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Invading is so much fun. All kitted out for major invasion trouble. It's glorious.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

To add to this, which is totally true, there's no harm in upgrading a weapon a little bit if you're still unsure about it or just want to be a little stronger for an area. You can find more titanite.

Thanks for the responses. Going to use them. It's early in the game and given my class it's a very solid weapon early in the game.

Put a ton of hours in DaS1 so I'm familiar but appreciate the insight of Dark Souls vets who have played all iterations.

Questions regarding a mid game area I
rrilyth Dungeon, what the hell is going on? No matter what I do I'm getting constant bleed build up without even fighting things and my health bar is also randomly shrinking to a pathetic size of instant OHKO misery.
I've thought a couple places were a little nasty before now, but this just feels brutal.

Mandelbo

(sorry I'm not entirely familiar with this games systems) so the axe does not scale with attributes. Does that mean it will only gain power if I reinforce it and not if I level my dex or strength? I like using it but I'm just concerned about the future and it's usefulness. Right now it has so much more power than my other weapons though so I'm not entirely sure where it's getting its strength

This is the Deep Axe, right? It's getting its extra damage from its dark attack - if you look at the stats you'll see it's an even split between physical and dark. It's good now, but later on the lack of scaling will make it redundant, not to mention it'll be awful against enemies with dark resistance.

So do people pump vitality at all or do they just leave it alone? I'm at 15 from knight and I still can't even equip a claymore and a ring without going over 70 percent

So
I am hollow and somebody killed pilgrim. I have no idea who is the culprit and I'm guessing I now can't do anything to unhollow... beeffjerky ahoy

Skatterd

Questions regarding a mid game area I
rrilyth Dungeon, what the hell is going on? No matter what I do I'm getting constant bleed build up without even fighting things and my health bar is also randomly shrinking to a pathetic size of instant OHKO misery.
I've thought a couple places were a little nasty before now, but this just feels brutal.

Pull out a torch

So
I am hollow and somebody killed pilgrim. I have no idea who is the culprit and I'm guessing I now can't do anything to unhollow... beeffjerky ahoy

Pray to Velka

This is the Deep Axe, right? It's getting its extra damage from its dark attack - if you look at the stats you'll see it's an even split between physical and dark. It's good now, but later on the lack of scaling will make it redundant, not to mention it'll be awful against enemies with dark resistance.

Ah cool that makes sense. Thank you!

Get'sMad

god dang the amount of summon signs around the bonfire near the
Abyss Watchers
fight.

guess I'll get my sunbro on tonight.

Nose Master

Is there such a thing as a missed backstab? It's probably a glitch, but a bunch of times I've gone for the animation and slowly transitioned into an attack when they're not held by a backstab animation.

Ah, I see,
but there's still appeares to be a culprit at large... ANd I don't mind being spoiled who i should kill to avoid death of other NPCs. I wasn't a fan of the same stunt in Demon's either...

GulAtiCa

Tried to do an invasion. Lag seemed pretty bad. Could barely hit anything, and I'd be hit from 15 feet away from obviously non-hitting sword swings....

Didn't help to be 1 v 4 style.. Lol.

ramyeon

Pull out a torch

Pray to Velka
Huh?
Velka can remove Hollowing? I thought it was just to absolve sins.
Ah, I see,
but there's still appeares to be a culprit at large... ANd I don't mind being spoiled who i should kill to avoid death of other NPCs. I wasn't a fan of the same stunt in Demon's either...
The pilgrim dies no matter what. If you didn't receive 5 levels from him before he dies then his quest line is over.

So do people pump vitality at all or do they just leave it alone? I'm at 15 from knight and I still can't even equip a claymore and a ring without going over 70 percent

I have been. I am a knight too and I can't see how you can ignore it if you want to use the heavier stuff. Plus you get the damage reduction which seems like a big deal to me. But I can't tell how much of a difference it is making compared to just getting more HP.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Invading is so much fun. All kitted out for major invasion trouble. It's glorious.

Yup, having so much fun with it. Did a bunch of SL16 invasions in Lothric to get my 30 vertebrae shackles early, so much fun to gank a host and 2/3 phantoms. Between 50-65 it's been non-stop action with the Faithful covenant. Wish Darkmoon wasn't totally impossible to get reliable summons with though.

Sarcasm

Not a horrible thing, the more the merrier!

I heard there is a trainer out. Hope that doesn't work online lol

Honestly, DS1 and 2 were blown completely open with Cheat Engine and it hardly mattered. Hundreds, thousands of hours in those games and cheaters were still rare. But, I am sure I fought many people who just made their (legitimate) build with CE. After beating the game so many times it's tempting to just be able to create the character you want for PVP. Again, no harm in that, unless you are going to cheat.

The only people I got in DS1 were cheaters. But then again I live in Taiwan so who knows. Didn't play DS2 long enough to see anything.

So now suddenly the game just chokes and chugs FPS wise with most things set to low. I dunno what to do.

I'm watching ENB's play-through. It's funny that even a lore master like him doesn't get that a Lord of Cinder and a Holder of a Lord Souls are not the same thing. I've seen so many people say "Why are there five now when there were four before?!" When you think about it, at least when it comes to what the player accomplishes in Dark Souls 1, a Lord of Cinder is a being who holds ALL of the Lord Souls.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
question,
i remember after the jp version launched people were saying the XBO version was less difficult than PS4. is that still the case?

im at the poison swamp now. getting here hasnt been too difficult really.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
question,
i remember after the jp version launched people were saying the XBO version was less difficult than PS4. is that still the case?

im at the poison swamp now. getting here hasnt been too difficult really.

No, they patched it awhile ago.

Mandelbo

Is there such a thing as a missed backstab? It's probably a glitch, but a bunch of times I've gone for the animation and slowly transitioned into an attack when they're not held by a backstab animation.

Yes - when you start a backstab, the enemy isn't locked into it until the attack is close to connecting, meaning that if they manage to move out of the way before it hits, you miss them and leave yourself open.

Timeaisis

No specific spoilers please,

I beat the
Crystal Sage
and now I have two very obvious paths I can go. If I move forward, I get to a completely new area (forget it's name but there'a a bonfire at the start). Or, I can go through the
swamp
which has gained me many good items so far, but seems to have a dead-end at this
large wall
, but I haven't completely explored it yet. I guess my question is this: are this both "doable" paths at this stage in the game, or is there one actual path I can go and I'm just finding cool items in the
swamp
(which is honestly fine, just curious).

Also, I found the
Sleeping Wolf
, and climbing further up top there is a bridge with a
large giant/demon, similar in looks to the Fire Demon I fought with Siegward
. I didn't attack it out of fear, but is this something I can do right now? Just kind of curious if I'm in an area that is outside of my level, as I can always come back. The world just seemed to open up quite a bit, and it's awesome and overwhelming.

Also, screw those
Crabs

EDIT: Found a funny gif:
https://gfycat.com/HalfZealousIvorybackedwoodswallow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom