• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inskipp

9lbjGzy.gif

I didn't realize the drake would attack you no matter where you hit it from. Very cheeky, From :)

No specific spoilers please,

I beat the
Crystal Sage
and now I have two very obvious paths I can go. If I move forward, I get to a completely new area (forget it's name but there'a a bonfire at the start). Or, I can go through the
swamp
which has gained me many good items so far, but seems to have a dead-end at this
large wall
, but I haven't completely explored it yet. I guess my question is this: are this both "doable" paths at this stage in the game, or is there one actual path I can go and I'm just finding cool items in the
swamp
(which is honestly fine, just curious).

Also, I found the
Sleeping Wolf
, and climbing further up top there is a bridge with a
large giant/demon, similar in looks to the Fire Demon I fought with Siegward
. I didn't attack it out of fear, but is this something I can do right now? Just kind of curious if I'm in an area that is outside of my level, as I can always come back. The world just seemed to open up quite a bit, and it's awesome and overwhelming.

Also, screw those
Crabs

Basically a yes to everything. Both ways are a viable option too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
hm alright thanks.

i cant be that far in so maybe im simply jumping the gun, but is the consensus that the game is easier than DS1? (barely spent any time with 2.)

I think it's just that the more of these that come out, the easier it is to deal with some of the same old tricks.

I will say DS3 seems to have a better actual difficulty curve, the hardest bosses are definitely in the back half.

No specific spoilers please,

I beat the
Crystal Sage
and now I have two very obvious paths I can go. If I move forward, I get to a completely new area (forget it's name but there'a a bonfire at the start). Or, I can go through the
swamp
which has gained me many good items so far, but seems to have a dead-end at this
large wall
, but I haven't completely explored it yet. I guess my question is this: are this both "doable" paths at this stage in the game, or is there one actual path I can go and I'm just finding cool items in the
swamp
(which is honestly fine, just curious).

Also, I found the
Sleeping Wolf
, and climbing further up top there is a bridge with a
large giant/demon, similar in looks to the Fire Demon I fought with Siegward
. I didn't attack it out of fear, but is this something I can do right now? Just kind of curious if I'm in an area that is outside of my level, as I can always come back. The world just seemed to open up quite a bit, and it's awesome and overwhelming.

Also, screw those
Crabs

In the swamp area, there are 3 fires to snuff out, this will allow you to proceed on that path.
The enemy up the ladder/lift isn't too bad.
Come back to it if you aren't confident now or summon help.
The area past the boss YOU DEFEATED is excellent and worth trying at least.

GulAtiCa

Ok, did another invasion, that went better. Little to no lag. Maybe it was just the host's world then. I won against 3 too! Woot. Helped I was on a separate roof and they tried attacking me 1 at a time. The host kept using sorcery against me, but good thing his spells were weak. Took out someone that came to me and let out a few fireballs at a person named "Dr Who" lol and killed them off. Then host was easy pickings.

That was fun

baby

i was fighting the
big tree egg boss man
and was about to beat him before steam went down and my game returned to the main menu. alt-f4'd out of frustration, rebooted the game like 10 minutes later and my save was gone. is there a way to restore it or am i fucked

Guys, this game is so fucking good. It's what I've wanted since Dark Souls 1. Im a bit overleveled for the area im in but still having all types of fun with the encounters and awesome level design.

This might bump BB and DS1 down to 2A and 2B if it keeps up. Im only half way through and if impressions are to be believed about the second half, I think it will.

i was fighting the
big tree egg boss man
and was about to beat him before steam went down and my game returned to the main menu. alt-f4'd out of frustration, rebooted the game like 10 minutes later and my save was gone. is there a way to restore it or am i fucked

Did you have it save your saves to the cloud? It should backup from there.

Question about the area after the second boss
In the Undead Settlement there are these Skeletons in a cage enemies. I killed one of those behind a hut and noticed that it has a lot more health than the normal ones. Then I found some messages on the floor saying "friend". Did I just kill an NPC? Is there a way to "revive" him? Am I missing out on much? This is Dark Souls 1 all over again when I killed the Merchant in Undead Burg.

I was wondering the same thing. It's not the covenant npc, or the pyromancer one. It was just one of those cage enemies that had a ton more health and didn't respawn. Don't see any info about it anywhere.

Timeaisis

Basically a yes to everything. Both ways are a viable option too.

In the swamp area, there are 3 fires to snuff out, this will allow you to proceed on that path.
The enemy up the ladder/lift isn't too bad.
Come back to it if you aren't confident now or summon help.
The area past the boss YOU DEFEATED is excellent and worth trying at least.

Sweet, I had a feeling. Thank you both. I think I'll go to the area past the boss first.

----

Also, I asked earlier but didn't get a response. Has anyone tried a DEX/INT build? I really, really want to but I'm concerned I'm gonna screw myself. I just got the
Crystal Sage Rapier
and it scales with INT, which sounds sweet as hell.

I was wondering the same thing. It's not the covenant npc, or the pyromancer one. It was just one of those cage enemies that had a ton more health and didn't respawn. Don't see any info about it anywhere.

I can't confirm this but someone on reddit said you can talk to it.. whether it's true or not is up for debate until I see proof.

Sadly, I've killed it on all 3 characters lol

So... I finally became a warrior of the sun, and to celebrate, I decided to help people fight the second boss (mid game ish spoilers maybe?)
or Vort of the Boreal Valley. I try it three times, with the three times, the summoner slowly leads me away from Vort and to the opposite side of that area where apparently the dancer boss is. I then proceed to get nearly one shotted because I am very distinctly not the right level for this.

To those that I failed, I'm sort of sorry, but when you summoned two guys by the Vort summon, please don't be upset when we get absolutely wrecked by the other boss ^^;

My 5 free cracked redeye orbs went as follows;
Disconnect, disconnect, gank squad, gank squad, gank squad.​

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else. :c

My 5 free cracked redeye orbs went as follows;
Disconnect, disconnect, gank squad, gank squad, gank squad.​

I guess I shouldn't have expected anything else. :c

Damn that's some rotten luck. It's not too tricky to get Red Eye Orb so you'll have plenty of chances to pillage later!

I can't confirm this but someone on reddit said you can talk to it.. whether it's true or not is up for debate until I see proof.

Sadly, I've killed it on all 3 characters lol

I'd believe it. After attacking it once I tried targeting it and it did nothing, and it still wasn't attacking me. Was right by a cliff edge with a bunch of souls so was being too cautious I guess. I should have suspected it was an npc but it didn't don on me till I went back to that spot and it was gone.

Zafir

Man, just beat the O
ld Demon King
. Talk about a boss where the camera hurts you more than the boss itself!

Eyothrie

Is there any point of reversing hollowing? I'm not losing HP when I die. I don't see the point of spending a TON of souls to reverse hollowing. Any legitimate reason to?

Sarcasm

Yeah I am done. 20% CPU usage and 89% GPU and it gets FPS stutter like a mad man. This is regardless if things are maxed or low.

Tried out 1600x900 and yeah a game from 1990s. Still get it though. Even at 720. Don't know what happened from turning my PC off since last night.

Hystzen

I wonder if anyone has killed that yet, was thinking about it, but didn't have the patience to shoot and run for that long.

The doorway below bonfire on tower you can shoot arrows at it without being hurt. Doesn't actually take that long plus worth it if you a STR build for a item

Gorillaz

What the fuck at The Way of the Blue

Now that shit is actually being taken serious? When none of us even took that shit seriously in DS2? people are legit with that covenant?

I thought people were joking about all these 3v1 battles but damn, everyone is cooping for everything right now...no where near a boss too....like brehs.......fuck

Doing much better today than yesterday. I beat the first real boss (not tutorial) and he was fairly easy. In the Undead Settlement now and I finally feel the souls I'm getting for killing stuff can actually level me up (80 souls for standard mobs).

I had a host jumping over the fog door to the boss in the Crucifixion Forest preventing me from entering. Then the boss stopped spawning while the fake was stuck making the fight unwinnable.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just hit a bit of a brick wall. I killed the Tree Boss, but that giant fire beast is really fucking tough, and the ice monster in the tower basement murder-ised me 3 times in a row without me even hitting him. His range is ridiculous and I don't have the stamina to block his multiple chain attacks.

Grrrrrrrr.

A question about something to do with the NPC Yoel;

Do the "free" levels he gives work like any other level up? As in should I wait as long as I can to use him so that the levels will be worth more souls? If so when does he die naturally if I haven't gotten levels?

Dommel

20160414011534_1.jpg

Thrall Hood looks pretty cool.

Currently a Pyromancer, wielding a Katana & Shield and dumping most of my souls into Dex/Int/Faith.

No idea if I'm doing it right but so far I'm having fun and in general not getting killed a lot.

GavinGT

Banned
A question about something to do with the NPC Yoel;

Do the "free" levels he gives work like any other level up? As in should I wait as long as I can to use him so that the levels will be worth more souls? If so when does he die naturally if I haven't gotten levels?

Use him sooner rather than later. He has multiple death conditions. Also, you have to come back to him multiple times to get all the free levels, so best to do it sooner.

That illusionary wall
at the top of firelink shrine
...is there anything behind it? I'm not seeing anything I can get to? Also where abouts do I turn the boss souls into weapons/rings etc?

shouldnt that automatically sync? or is there a way to do it manually?

Well, not that I know of since it sounds like the save files either are corrupted or literally just deleted themselves.

What I would do is restart steam, and see if the game still doesn't recognize your saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom