• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iorv3th

Used all my arrows on Iudex and still haven't beaten him wheeeeeeeeeeeeee what the fuck is wrong with me

What weapons do you have and what class did you start with? Use melee and just get close and roll to his left when he attacks. Use a shield if you have one.

Umm... is the framerate always as atrocious as it is at the start?

I wasn't expecting a smooth 60 but definitely not 15-20, either.

Ummm what platform? and if PC what specs?

Because it isn't 60 at all on consoles only PC. Console is supposed to be 30 with some drops.

hughesta

Banned
Where do I go after killing (late? game spoilers)
Aldrichm
also, any estimate as to what percentage I am through the game?

I'm not too far, but I feel like there are a lot more opportunities for plunging attacks (at least compared to 1, I haven't played 2 or Bloodbourne). That seems like a good thing, but they feel awkward to pull off.

I played and beat blood borne with a strength build, now I'm sitting at the character build screen and have no clue what I wanna do. I'd like to try something new. Any suggestions?

Man, I really like the
Dancer
armor set but I wish I could swap out the helmet. It sucks because the cool cape is tied to the helmet so I have to use the fairly ugly helmt to get the part of the set that makes it really cool. I wish they could make it so the cape was attached to the armor so I could use my own helmet.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Do the bosses get better? The first two bosses have been disappointing. Its missing something.... Also the theme for both the bosses has been underwhelming.

Yea pretty uninspiring to me. I keep hearing how this has best boss of the Miyazaki series but Bloodborne's first 3 bosses were much better imo than first 3 bosses I have faced. Hope it gets better.

I dont know about the third but I have come across the first two and I agree. Cleric Beast and Father G were way way better. Damn both the Cleric Beast and Father G themes were so epic.

BizzyBum

Any good STR builds out there yet? I started as a Knight.

Invaded a few times in
the Undead Settlement.
It's pretty lame when you invade and the host has two phantoms with him. Only way to win that is if they're beyond bad but it usually boils down to just trolling them for as long as possible. Also didn't realize you lost all your souls if you die as an invader. My last one I had an honorable 1v1 but in the middle of the duel my game crashed. =(

Jobbs

Banned
Man.. I want so badly to test corpse explosion miracle... but it requires fuckin INT for some reason. I'd have to put 7 points into INT to qualify.

so tempted...

jonjonaug

Do the bosses get better? The first two bosses have been disappointing. Its missing something.... Also the theme for both the bosses has been underwhelming.

Yes. Very much yes. The first couple hours of the game are kind of underwhelming in general I think, but as the game goes on it turns into a "best of" compilation of Demons/Dark 1/Dark 2 and it just takes off.

Anyone knowledgable about this?

So, infusions.

Looking at my Uchigatana now, making it Sharp just gives it better dex scaling with no major drawbacks (just loses a tiny bit of base damage).

But considering I'm going with a pyro build and will pump points into int/fth/att and won't have much dex until late game would it be better to use something like fire for now? The downside to that in the previous games was running into enemies with resistances which I assume is still a problem.

And then iirc, infused weapons would only go to +5 whereas base weapons would go to +10? Is that the case in 3?

I really like to know everything before I go ahead with this stuff in Souls games lol.

heringer

Someone explain to me why would I chose a Claymore over a Broadsword? A broadsword is faster, about as powerfull, scales better with strenght... is it just about the moveset for pvp and stuff? Serious question, I'm trying to make sense of the mechanics.

I was raising my strenght in the hopes that he great swords would require it, but turns out they require dex? Sigh...

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Yes. Very much yes. The first couple hours of the game are kind of underwhelming in general I think, but as the game goes on it turns into a "best of" compilation of Demons/Dark 1/Dark 2 and it just takes off.

This is great to hear!

takriel

I just beat
Abyss Watchers
, now I have two paths to choose from,
Cathedral or Catacombs
. What would you guys say, is this starting to be late game? What percent am I through the game?

Skatterd

Yea pretty uninspiring to me. I keep hearing how this has best boss of the Miyazaki series but Bloodborne's first 3 bosses were much better imo than first 3 bosses I have faced. Hope it gets better.

It definitely changes. I would put pretty much all of the last 4 bosses or so on an Artorias level, that's how good they are imo.

I just beat
Abyss Watchers
, now I have two paths to choose from,
Cathedral or Catacombs
. What would you guys say, is this starting to be late game? What percent am I through the game?

Maybe halfway..maybe.

BizzyBum

Damn, the first couple of hours have been awesome to me. Knowing it only gets better is exciting.

Dahbomb

The
Pontiff
boss fight was fairly difficult for me. Though when I finally beat him I realized that you only needed to focus on the real one. It didn't take a lot of attempts but it was all very razor's edge.

And I was about to have to a salt tirade in the next section with those Black Knights sniping you with great arrows on narrow ledges but then I made my way to the next section and well... nostalgia got the better of me lol.

Let's hope Anor Londo is better designed this time around though.

Someone explain to me why would I chose a Claymore over a Broadsword? A broadsword is faster, about as powerfull, scales better with strenght... is it just about the moveset for pvp and stuff? Serious question, I'm trying to make sense of the mechanics.

I was raising my strenght in the hopes that he great swords would require it, but turns out they require dex? Sigh...

I've been wondering this. I used my +3 broadsword for the first 4-5 hours, and then forced myself to use the claymore I found just because people said it was good and I wanted a change of pace. I kind of hate it so far. At +3 it's stupidly powerful, but it's also incredibly slow in a way that doesn't really mesh with the faster combat.

Carm

Do souls you find serve any other purpose beyond just more souls, not counting boss ones obviously? Haven't used any yet.

keuja

Shit I still have Bloodborne in my backlog but the DS3 hype is getting to me. I don't know which one to start first.

burgerdog

I really hope it doesn't take too long to get the ability to buy titanite shards. I want to try a bunch of weapons that I've found so far. I don't mind spending all my souls to get the shards. For the first time in a Bloodsouls game, I don't mind not leveling up. My no level up run in Bloodborne really struck a cord with me and taught me that skill is far more important than levels in these games.

^
Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3, bruh that's the greatest problem one could have.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
It's 30 with dips, but the dips aren't causing your problem. The frame pacing is; it's atrocious. From really needs to get their shit together before they release a third game with this blatantly obvious issue.

Whatever it is, it's terrible. It makes quick motions like swinging a sword seem like they're only animated with three frames or something.

Afrodium

Banned
Do souls you find serve any other purpose beyond just more souls, not counting boss ones obviously? Haven't used any yet.

Just more souls in a form you don't lose when you die. I usually use them when I'm just short of enough souls to level or want to upgrade a weapon or buy something just after dying.

takriel

Estus Soup
? I must have completely missed that lol

It's in
a house that has two levels, where you can jump down through a hole on the upper level into a room that you can't otherwise access because the door is locked.
Forgot where exactly that is, though.

Anyone know what is this red light coming out of me going upward is? It sometimes briefly switches blue then back red again.

qw4TCWk.jpg
I tried googling it to no avail.

Fhtagn

Fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!! Dancer is such a horribly designed boss! I have wasted 20 ember on this piece of shit! Guys..please do I need to defeat this shit to progress the game? Also how do I get the doll?

I know this was 20+ pages ago but wtf is up with this post?

guess you're fighting this boss 20 levels too early if you don't have the doll yet. Why would you waste 20 embers on it instead of moving on?

Dancer is def one of the series highlights and fully beatable at sl1 as Gwydolin Cinder's proved.

Iorv3th

I've been wondering this. I used my +3 broadsword for the first 4-5 hours, and then forced myself to use the claymore I found just because people said it was good and I wanted a change of pace. I kind of hate it so far. At +3 it's stupidly powerful, but it's also incredibly slow in a way that doesn't really mesh with the faster combat.

I think I used zweihander in DS1 which is really similar, but it's strong attack would lift the sword over your head and knock enemies it hit down, disrupting their attacks and making them vulnerable.

They are more for taking out groups of enemies as it will hit multiple and has a bigger reach.

Jedi2016

Anyone know what is this red light coming out of me going upward is? It sometimes briefly switches blue then back red again.

I tried googling it to no avail.
It'll be a ring or some other status effect. You'll see it below your stamina bar. The thing on your character is just a visual cue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom