• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenyal

Yes. Very much yes. The first couple hours of the game are kind of underwhelming in general I think, but as the game goes on it turns into a "best of" compilation of Demons/Dark 1/Dark 2 and it just takes off.
Theres defintely a lot of fan service but thats not a positive for everyone.

It'll be a ring or some other status effect. You'll see it below your stamina bar. The thing on your character is just a visual cue.

Ah, you're right. It's one of the rings. I am relieved since I thought the game glitched or something.
Yes, I am that much of a noob in this game.

GorillaJu

So I'm attempting to do a pretty full on Int build for sorcery, but it's becoming clear that I'm going to need to melee quite a bit as well. I'm still using the Mail Breaker that I started with. Anyone have some good suggestions for a melee weapon I can find fairly early that will work well with an Int build and not require a ton of investment in str/dex?

Astora straight sword, infused with a raw gem.

Still need help figuring out what the hell is going on in those C
atacombs
Also I beard there's an illusion wall near a certain
Wolf Covanent
how do I get to it?

I need to know guys. :( I just gave the dreamchaser's ashes to the Shrine Handmaid in the Firelink Shrine and she's asking me where I found them, I can tell her, or say nothing. Anyone knows what it does in the long run?!

I told her. She just
talks shit about the person whose ashes those were. I do not know if it affects anything. She continues to sell me things normally.

Jinaar

Each night I end my Dark Souls III play sessions uttering, to me, my infamous phrase: "Oh for fuck sakes....." *YOU DIED*

Feels good man ^_^

Man this post is like one minute after your last one

You must've got your shit kicked in quick
Lol I enjoy reading your post,

Sounds like getting the platinum in this is going to be a lot more grindy than BB, ah well.
it is getting the required covenant items is a pain. Pve drop rates are really bad.
The blonde in armor in firelink.
Sirrus?
Sirras?
HER ARMOR. HOW?
Murder her or finish her questline.

I feel like the level design turned to crap starting with the C
atacombs.
It's now either a series of square rooms and hallways, or wide open areas with mindless enemy placement. It's also like every old enemy from the previous game was just copy/pasted into these areas. If it doesn't improve quickly, I'm going to be worried around replay value.

Naite

Did I just screw myself out of the
mound maker
covenant? I already killed the boss, and I collected
Rosaria's Fingers

UberLevi

Would 80-ish be a good level to be around by the end of the game? I've plotted out my build and that's around what I need to be to get my desired stats.

Just beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
. What an asshole.
His attacks weren't that bad, but the fucking second phase phantom :|. And then when I finally managed to knock it out, he started summoning another. Somehow I damaged him juuuust enough so that, right as his main body went to lunge at me for the killing blow, my upswing hit him instead and won the fight for me. The Boreal Valley's been pretty great otherwise.

jonjonaug

Just beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
. What an asshole.
His attacks weren't that bad, but the fucking second phase phantom :|. And then when I finally managed to knock it out, he started summoning another. Somehow I damaged him juuuust enough so that, right as his main body went to lunge at me for the killing blow, my upswing hit him instead and won the fight for me. The Boreal Valley's been pretty great otherwise.

I think you actually want the phantom alive for that fight. His poise seems to be much lower when it's active.

UberLevi

yeah you're good...I think thats what I was around during my first play through.

Alright, cool. I'm trying to get a 40/40 with my Str/Dex and the 20 - 25 range for Vigor, Vitality, and Endurance. Although I should probably drop the Vigor stat in favor of Vitality and Endurance since rolling in this game seems to be hella good. If I ever get hit during a roll I know it's because I whiffed hard.

RedSwirl

Are people upgrading their base weapons as soon as they get titanite, or waiting for something better? I've been holding on to my titanite and wondering about this. Not even at the second boss though.

It was cool but I felt the same way about the
second phase
Something like that just works better with the Bloodborne engine
I don't think it's that, it's just nowhwre near as intense as Maria and its kind of a let down when you're shown
5 abyss Watchers and expect a 1v5 Artorias fight and get that.

Just beat (fourth boss)
Crystal Sage. Was expecting much worse honestly. Especially when the clones appeared, I thought it would be like the witches in BB.After figuring out the only one you need to lay the smackdown on is the one that shoots purple spells, it's not too bad at all.

Are people upgrading their base weapons as soon as they get titanite, or waiting for something better? I've been holding on to my titanite and wondering about this. Not even at the second boss though.

Shards are pretty plentiful and eventually you can buy them from Hand Maiden. No reason to take a few weapons you like to +3.

Uthred

I'd happily never see a swamp area in a Souls game again, there is nothing fun about areas in games that force you to move slowly for long stretches. Getting poisoned is much less annoying than that.

Ellite25

Good lord I'm fighting
that big ass tree
and my weapon is hardly doing any damage whatsoever. I feel like I should have a better weapon by now or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom