• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip and welcome to Neogaf :)

I was trying to parry him yesterday but I am so bad at parrying , I managed to parry him one time and it only removed a sliver of his life bar .
So I think I'm gonna try your trick tonight or I heard you can make him fall to his death near the cliff

just lure him near the edge of a cliff and give him a good hit. he will fall off. quit, reload, and get his stuff

Kaibutsu

I actually feel like this dude...

berserk41.jpg

Hah, feeling like Griffith is literally the last thing i would want to feel like. That dude has been through some shit, maybe the only thing you could have said that would have been worse is you feel like Guts

Auctopus

I thought maybe he was one at first but they are a pretty obvious shade of purple. This guy was definitely blue. Now I'm wondering if this game has a 'forest hunter' or bell defender equivalent.

It does. (name if you want to know)
Watchdogs of Farron
. It could've also been them.

Still need help figuring out what the hell is going on in those C
atacombs
Also I beard there's an illusion wall near a certain
Wolf Covanent
how do I get to it?

Go outside and up the stairs and around, you might see message signs near where the illusionary wall is.

Ferr986

Maan they need to do something with Blue Sentinels, dunno, making it also connect if another Blue is invaded for increase the pool of players.

I just want to be a good invader damnit!

So I think I've found my weapon (late-ish game spoilers)

anyone else here like Yhorm's Machette? I've got it at +4 and I hit for 600+ on people. It's pretty strong. Also, the L2 being warcry with an attack out of it is pretty slick

Mupod

Maan they need to do something with Blue Sentinels, dunno, making it also connect if another Blue is invaded for increase the pool of players.

I just want to be a good invader damnit!

I was in that covenant for my entire DS2 playthrough. Got summoned 0 times. It was good for invading though, you generally went up against people who liked pvp.

Was in it for hours in this game, nothing happened, gave up. I like the idea of it but yeah it doesn't work.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I had planned on watching a couple of walkthrough videos on YouTube before getting into this game but haven't got around to it. So I played a couple of hours so far, just slowly exploring Firelink Shrine and the High Wall, and I'm quite enjoying not knowing what's ahead.

I think it's funny that I spanked the tutorial boss no problem, but had my ass handed to me twice, from two other "lesser" enemies in the area. I can't think of another game where I would leave fighting enemies in the tutorial area till later, and come back once I've levelled up a bit.

It seems like the Knights in this game don't fuck around. I remember having a lot of joy circling for backstabs against the Black Knights in DaS 1, but here even the first Knight in the High Wall didn't fall for that game. It seemed like whenever I tried for a circle-strafe I took a shoulder-barge or shield-bash to the face. And then when I put him down after a couple of attempts, the dick went and respawned!

The 2nd Dragon was quite clever as well. I expected the first one to come to life at any moment but no, it just lies there drifting away like ash in the wind. So I moved on and in the very next section of the Wall the 2nd Dragon swooped down and I flinched like a wee boy watching a scary film.

Overall the game made a good first impression. It doesn't "feel" as good to play as Bloodborne, imo, but still seems very cool.

LiK

Where or how can I write messages? Did I miss something? I beat the second boss and still haven't been able to write anything.

Ferr986

I was in that covenant for my entire DS2 playthrough. Got summoned 0 times. It was good for invading though, you generally went up against people who liked pvp.

Was in it for hours in this game, nothing happened, gave up. I like the idea of it but yeah it doesn't work.

Yeah same, but I got no blue orbs (yet) here so, as for now, the covenant is even more useless than in DS2 for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a place late game to farm titanite scales? I can barely upgrade any weapons :/

Thread still moving fast! I'm not sure how far I am, but putzing around inside the
Cathedral
now, killing and looting what i can, but this area is right where it's clear I need a better weapon.

Want to echo some of the sentiments I've seen, there's almost too many choices! Still rocking a Broadsword +3, but looking for that special someone to commit to. I like the look of the
Executioners
Greatsword, but not the moveset. Is there an equivalent to the Black Knight Halberd from DS1?

KAOz

Short bus special
This game is love.

A Sunlight bro. A Mad Phantom. And a Red Phantom. Sitting next to eachouter and cheering for the host vs invaders.

So good.

The host kept summoning dark spirits.

Whats the verdict on
Greirat and Yoel
are they trustworthy at all?

Just got to the third Bonfire after being flown to the next area after
Vordt

Also found
Lorettas Bone

Are we trusting them or is there something fishy about these two

E92 M3

This game is love.

A Sunlight bro. A Mad Phantom. And a Red Phantom. Sitting next to eachouter and cheering for the host vs invaders.

So good.

The host kept summoning dark spirits.

I invaded a guy that was doing a fighting ring lol. Was fun. Every time I won my duel he we would clap.

CHC

Ugh really not into
Smoldering Lake
at all....

I hate those "big shitty mess" areas where it's huge and open and you have to just run past everything, like Lost Izalith or that other place in the DSII Sunken King DLC.

I hear it gets better but so far (aside from the first area) this has been an amalgamation of my least favorite types of zones in the series:
cruddy shanty town, meandering confusing forest, poison swamp

Milijango

Whats the verdict on
Greirat and Yoel
are they trustworthy at all?

Just got to the third Bonfire after being flown to the next area after
Vordt

Also found
Lorettas Bone

Are we trusting them or is there something fishy about these two

They mean well, but might not know what's best for themselves. Or you, for that matter.

I had planned on watching a couple of walkthrough videos on YouTube before getting into this game but haven't got around to it. So I played a couple of hours so far, just slowly exploring Firelink Shrine and the High Wall, and I'm quite enjoying not knowing what's ahead.

I think it's funny that I spanked the tutorial boss no problem, but had my ass handed to me twice, from two other "lesser" enemies in the area. I can't think of another game where I would leave fighting enemies in the tutorial area till later, and come back once I've levelled up a bit.

It seems like the Knights in this game don't fuck around. I remember having a lot of joy circling for backstabs against the Black Knights in DaS 1, but here even the first Knight in the High Wall didn't fall for that game. It seemed like whenever I tried for a circle-strafe I took a shoulder-barge or shield-bash to the face. And then when I put him down after a couple of attempts, the dick went and respawned!

The 2nd Dragon was quite clever as well. I expected the first one to come to life at any moment but no, it just lies there drifting away like ash in the wind. So I moved on and in the very next section of the Wall the 2nd Dragon swooped down and I flinched like a wee boy watching a scary film.

Overall the game made a good first impression. It doesn't "feel" as good to play as Bloodborne, imo, but still seems very cool.

The AI on the Lothric Knights is pretty good for that. You'll see it more through the game, too. You'll just need to come up with new ways to beat them, use spacing more. It's a lot of fun.

E92 M3

Ugh really not into
Smoldering Lake
at all....

I hate those "big shitty mess" areas where you have to just run past everything, like Lost Izalith or that other place in the DSII Sunken King DLC.

You can turn things to your advantage

zma1013

I'm really really liking how the levels are designed. There's always options available. The ability to choose to go through a dozen lesser enemies or fight one hard one is pretty great and the carefully place minishortcuts that are there to be able to more easily get through an area are awesome for getting back to the bosses.

TheRed

Enjoying my experiences with the game so far, aside from a catastrophic first attempt at fighting a knight using the steam controller. The right haptic pad for camera control will take some getting used to! My pyromancer did not survive, but luckily the steam controller will live to fight another day (it was a close call). Thinking about it, I suspect it is more button placement than the touchpad itself. I would be interested in hearing how many other people are playing with the steam controller?
I made a bunch of changes personally to the official config. Mostly sensitivity changes, added haptics and got rid of the completely useless and actually detrimental touch menu. Finally got it to where it felt great to me. Over 12 hours in now level 42, the controller is great sad that many people's first impression of it will be with that bad config from the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom