• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

So because Blue Sentiles don't work I decided to sunbro-ing a little on the S
ettlement

Man, online can be an hilarious shitstorm. Someone summoned me to protect him from a purple invader, there was also another white summon, then a red invaded too, white bro disapeared dunno where while I chased the purple and the red chased me.

And then another sunbro joined but he was orange-ish and
it was hostile
. Holy shit it was a mess lol but at the end me and the host survived everyone
and then I fell off a cliff and died. Cliffs > invaders.

Very late game spoiler / question.

damn. Lorian and the brother are pretty hard to beat. The first phase isn't too bad, but man, this is a hard fight. any tips?

jaekeem

Very late game spoiler / question.

damn. Lorian and the brother are pretty hard to beat. The first phase isn't too bad, but man, this is a hard fight. any tips?

ah I just beat them!
I found that if I kept circle strafing and stayed close then their attacks were easy to dodge besides the holy missle spam (where I ended up just dodging like crazy because they start homing on you while they teleport for a melee strikes). it doesn't really change from phase 1->2 in when they're vulnerable.every time lorian missed a melee strike i hit him once, and in the second phase when both are out I tried to dodge to the back so I was hitting both brothers at the same time, because when he revives lorian a second time he gets even more moves, so you wanna try to keep the damage between them even starting from phase 2

Fuck, Bloodborne trained me with those regen and relatively easy parrying mechanics that I keep getting my ass beat rushing in immediately after getting hit and miserably failing at parrying.

I guess there's a reason I never parried in DS1 :/

Milijango

Fuck, Bloodborne trained me with those regen and relatively easy parrying mechanics that I keep getting my ass beat rushing in immediately after getting hit and miserably failing at parrying.

I guess there's a reason I never parried in DS1 :/

Don't feel too bad. It might look familiar but DS3 parries are incredibly tough.

GulAtiCa

Now played the game for 9 hours since launce and just beat the 2nd main boss. Took me like 6 tries. Fun boss. Really love this game so far. Been taking my time and exploring everywhere. Dying everywhere too. Lol

Ohnonono

I got knocked off a certain bridge and the game decided I did not need to take any fall damage. I don't think I need the expensive key at all. Go Dank Souls.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
really From? Fucking
Anor Londo archer section
again? are you for real?

edit: and just lost 50k souls to them...

Totally with the "are all weapons this short" replies. I have a haldberd but damn it doesn't seem to keep the mobs at bay as much as I thought it would. Maybe I just suck.

So is there a hard limit to how many titanite scales and slabs you can get per NG? That would be a huge let down all this weapon variety and I'm terrified to level up any of the boss weapons I have, because I've only found one scale.

In regards to short weapons charged R2s are incredibly helpful at baiting any enemy to leap at you then hits stunning them. I think I do the claymore poke more than just about any attack when first exploring an area.

jaekeem

really From? Fucking
again? are you for real?

yea after I realized that part I just ran past them Lol

So is there a hard limit to how many titanite scales and slabs you can get per NG? That would be a huge let down all this weapon variety and I'm terrified to level up any of the boss weapons I have, because I've only found one scale.

it seems so. although there a few in the game.

I've been getting this vib here and there as well, not just with bosses, but even with regular mobs from time to time.

I feel like the Bloodborne influence on enemies' speeds and attacks is slightly at odds with your weapon speeds and so forth. Maybe it's that I need to adjust on my end and re-learn things a bit but I feel like everything is much quicker than me.

Cruxist

So, it's not as good as it was once upon a time but (weapon spoiler)
Black Knight Sword
is my go to now that I've found it. I was using the greatsword from the Abyss Watcher that has the little hook thing, but this just feels so good.

Finding a ton of stuff in playthrough 2 that I missed. Loving the pyromancy options, and I'm enjoying wearing slightly heavier armor.

Zeliard

I just spent 40000 souls on these babies

Everyone should invest in some Undead Hunter Charms to stop all that estus chugging. Even if you don't actively PvP, they're useful to help with incoming invasions. There's little more satisfying than disabling a player's estus flask and watching them try to run away and heal in futility as you go up to them for the killing blow.

For Souls vets, they're the Lloyd's Talismen of this game (also still pacify the
Mimics
). They're also probably more useful than in previous games since there are no more healing gems and you can't just keep healing using Humanity/Embers anymore. The AoE also seems a bit more generous, but I can't be certain.

really From? Fucking
again? are you for real?

Had the same thought when I reach that section "DAMN YOU FROM!" as I was running like mad.

At least they're regular arrows this time. Not nearly as bad. That one from DS1 is my most hated section in all of these games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Had the same thought when I reach that section "DAMN YOU FROM!" as I was running like mad.

At least they're regular arrows this time. Not nearly as bad. That one from DS1 is my most hated section in all of these games.

Regular arrows? Well, just you wait, friend.

E92 M3

really From? Fucking
again? are you for real?

edit: and just lost 50k souls to them...

It made me really happy and brought back fond memories.

Everyone should invest in some Undead Hunter Charms to stop all that estus chugging. Even if you don't actively PvP, they're useful to help with incoming invasions. There's little more satisfying than disabling a player's estus flask and watching them try to run away and heal in futility as you go up to them for the killing blow.

For Souls vets, they're the Lloyd's Talismen of this game (also still pacify the
Mimics
). They're also probably more useful than in previous games since there are no more healing gems and you can't just keep healing using Humanity/Embers anymore. The AoE also seems a bit more generous, but I can't be certain.

Yeah, I use them all the time. The salty messages are worth it alone.

Respect

I feel like the Bloodborne influence on enemies' speeds and attacks is slightly at odds with your weapon speeds and so forth. Maybe it's that I need to adjust on my end and re-learn things a bit but I feel like everything is much quicker than me.

Definitely noticing a number of enemies having a faster attack speed than me. I think that is why I feel like the game is "slower" than I was expecting.

Tenebrous

Currently stuck on that boss, any tips?

It took me about 4 attempts. At first I was being too conservative with my attacks, but each time I tried to figure out exactly how many claymore swings I could get in before she attacked again. I managed to drain my stamina bar completely when she transitions which almost took off a quarter of her health. Past that, I just kept my distance, waited for the last swing, ran in, and hit her a few times.

Estus+6 (x10), level 75~, Claymore /w a 100% block shield.

Mupod

Mimics

after a bad experience against an NPC invader healing himself to full I'm gonna buy some for sure.

Regular arrows? Well, just you wait, friend.

tumblr_lm0pl8ElvI1qh17feo1_500.gif

Oh they were fire. Right? Not a different section? Still, not like Spear Arrows...?

Mimics
I had a dude chug 5 estus flasks on me when they invaded at a time when my maximum was 7 I was furious. I get that invasions aren't duels, but that's really not okay when you're just trying to explore the area. Knights of Farron are jerks!

Finalow

This game is love.

A Sunlight bro. A Mad Phantom. And a Red Phantom. Sitting next to eachouter and cheering for the host vs invaders.

So good.

The host kept summoning dark spirits.
one of the reasons why this game has the best PvP / online system. there are a couple of locations where you can constantly get stuff like that but otherwise it's usually just a single invader vs gank squad goodluck&havefun

Roussow

Hey, uh, I'm a little worried I may have broke my own game.

So I defeated (Fairly late game spoiler, 20 hours or so in)
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
. However as he died, one of his lingering spells tagged me, killing me, however a cutscene triggered before I got the "You Died' screen.
In the cutscene I was teleported somewhere, then I got the loading screen, then I found myself in a room with a person knelt before me, I only got a brief look, before I got the "You Died" title, and I awoke at the first Anor Londo bonfire. I sprinted back to the boss room, retrieved my souls, got the ring from up at Gwynevere's couch, and now I don't know what the fuck to do. Can I get back to this place I was teleported to? I checked and there was no warp point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh they were fire. Right? Not a different section? Still, not like Spear Arrows...?

Latter half of the game mild spoilers about a common enemy type

fuckin spear arrows, friend. good luck.

. However as he died, one of his lingering spells tagged me, killing me, however a cutscene triggered before I got the "You Died' screen.
In the cutscene I was teleported somewhere, then I got the loading screen, then I found myself in a room with a person knelt before me, I only got a brief look, before I got the "You Died" title, and I awoke at the first Anor Londo bonfire. I sprinted back to the boss room, retrieved my souls, got the ring from up at Gwynevere's couch, and now I don't know what the fuck to do. Can I get back to this place I was teleported to? I checked and there was no warp point.
Teleport to
Vordt's bonfire, run up the castle where the woman was.

Any recommendations for where to go to be invaded for characters around level 20? I have equipped the way of the blue covenant and am running around the high wall of lothric area but not having any luck? Should I just go to the next area? When using a cracked red eye I can invade there with no issues but seems like no one is invading.

jaekeem

you were teleported to
the old lady that gives u the flag u place after u beat vordt

go back there to continue the story

jett

D-Member
Yay I beat the first boss. That wasn't very hard at all. I'm still using my starting mercenary dual sword. I can't say I've found any use for the skill or for dual wielding to be honest. At least I've upgraded it a decent amount with a raw gem.

How can you make long jumps in this game btw? I see some treasure on a ledge which should reachable with a running jump, but I don't remember how it's done. Or am I imagining things? :p

j-wood

First boss (not the tutorial one) wrecked me 3 times last night.

I seem to have a problem where I dodge an attack, but then I'm too far away to get an attack off before the enemy attacks again. Any tips?

I seem to have a problem where I dodge an attack, but then I'm too far away to get an attack off before the enemy attacks again. Any tips?

Always dodge into him, you will end up under or right behind to get some shots in on his legs. Just stay tight as much as you can.

E92 M3

You're dodging away instead of into the boss

Roussow

Latter half of the game mild spoilers about a common enemy type

fuckin spear arrows, friend. good luck.

Teleport to
Vordt's bonfire, run up the castle where the woman was.

you were teleported to
the old lady that gives u the flag u place after u beat vordt

go back there to continue the story

Thanks guys!

I had 0.5 seconds to recognize the place and just couldn't, plus the black and white death screen effect was already on.

I never would have worked out that on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom