• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

tesqui

I keep getting blocked access to the Bonfire while embered. I know this happens when enemies/ invaders are in sight, but there are no enemies around and I've been waiting here for like 10 minutes now. Is this a bug?

Echoplx

These giants down in the C
leansing
C
hapel
(C
athedral
of the D
eep
), should I kill them?

They drop large titanite but if you kill them the other one in
undead settlement that throws the arrows from the tower
will die.

Aurongel

I keep getting blocked access to the Bonfire while embered. I know this happens when enemies/ invaders are in sight, but there are no enemies around and I've been waiting here for like 10 minutes now. Is this a bug?

A very, very, very annoying bug. Triggers most commonly by a failed summon.

ZangBa

I don't understand
Mound Makers.
It says kill the host or a phantom. So here am, 4 versus 1 as usual every time I invade and manage to kill 2 damn phantoms somehow and nope, no vertebra for me. Just seems completely random, and yes they weren't NPC's. This covenant sucks.

K' Dash

I really, really, REALLY want that Demon Great Axe but I don't want to waste my Souls leveling Intelligence and Faith, fuck that :/

Fhtagn

Got my 30 items at level 28 and a +3 weapon.

I don't think you really want more than that if you want the summons.

I'm level 34 with a +2 and I am getting regular summons to defend the forest. And I'm winning 80% of the time even 2v1. Dunno how, I've always been shite at pvp before, but I'm getting the hang of it finally.

Edit: just lost a 2v1 but I parried them both at the same time so I consider it a moral victory.

Mid game location spoiler

So I'm in the sawmp where you cant run, and I got invaded.
It's been 15 minutes and I can't find the fucker and I can't use the fucking bondfires or warp out

FROM pls

tumblr_n9cynqGpul1ti3rwuo1_1280.jpg

Every time I beat a boss.

pa22word

Just beat the PC version. Final run time was 14 hours. I really don't see how anyone can't say this is the shortest game in the series, honestly.

Wadiwasi

Banned
I don't understand
Mound Makers.
It says kill the host or a phantom. So here am, 4 versus 1 as usual every time I invade and manage to kill 2 damn phantoms somehow and nope, no vertebra for me. Just seems completely random, and yes they weren't NPC's. This covenant sucks.

The way I understand it is that you have to kill the host if you invade or the phantom if you get invaded. Their backup doesn't count

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Takes me 1-2 hours per boss lol.

I just don't know how to play Souls anymore.

Just beat the PC version. Final run time was 14 hours. I really don't see how anyone can't say this is the shortest game in the series, honestly.

It most definitely isnt. Im at 40 hours and still have 2 lords to kill. If you care about NPC questlines and finding as much as possible in your first playthrough then this is definitely longer than Dark Souls 1. If not then sure itll be quicker.

Hikami

I don't understand
Mound Makers.
everytime I invade
Well, there's your problem. Just put your sign down and have people summon you instead. I summon people that way and have fun duels. If you invade me though I'm doing whatever I can to kill you.

Had a uchigatana vs uchigatana earlier today agaisnt a mad phantom, pretty fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ioka3tbCw

We both emptied our estus flasks too prior to starting.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Takes me 1-2 hours per boss lol.

I just don't know how to play Souls anymore.

Eh I was cruising through the whole 1st part of the game and 1 shot everything until I got to the
Crystal Sage
. I am so deeply ashamed how many attempts it took me to finish that fight

HvySky

I didn't mind the C
atacombs of
C
arthus
at all, but damn if the I
rithyll
D
ungeons
aren't completely bullshit.

Floody

Getting my arse whooped, by the Fire D
emon
, under the bridge in the C
atacombs
of
Carthus
, harder than any boss so far. Is there a gimmick to him, I can sometimes get the S
keletons
to attack him, but he wipes them out without much trouble.

ZangBa

Well, there's your problem. Just put your sign down and have people summon you instead. I summon people that way and have fun duels. If you invade me though I'm doing whatever I can to kill you.

Had a uchigatana vs uchigatana earlier today agaisnt a mad phantom, pretty fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ioka3tbCw

We both emptied our estus flasks too prior to starting.

Nah, I don't care about honor duels. I don't even care that out of the hundred or so invasions I've done only 3 weren't a gangbang, I just want vertebra drops to make sense. I got no problem multitasking these 4 guys that can't even kill a boss for over an hour, lmao.

Is there any reason to infuse heavy over refined? Both seem to upgrade str 1 grade, but the additive dex boost with refined seems to give it an edge regardless.

Also, I'm assuming that infusion removes any regular upgrades you had on the weapon?

Repost

So i'm assuming
soul of the lords
is the final boss?

Just beat him. Seems like a DS1 similar chose your ending. Walk out, or link the flame. Any extra gameplay if i chose either or?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Getting my arse whooped, by the Fire D
emon
, under the bridge in the C
atacombs
of
Carthus
, harder than any boss so far. Is there a gimmick to him, I can sometimes get the S
keletons
to attack him, but he wipes them out without much trouble.

See a bit above where someone gave me a tip to lure him to come up the stairs. Then you can hit him a couple times and he'll retreat. Then just do that over and over until he dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom