• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

Hmm, I don't see anything below the counter in my game.

I'll show you:

hEI7QWC.jpg

That icon down right corner, it's driving me crazy.

Afrocious

If I don't find any new weapons, I might just be sticking with the basic broadsword the whole game.

I did kill a S
tray Demon.
I might be able to grab that great axe....

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Yeah, but Dark Souls 2 also had the small signs, which you could see anywhere, regardless of boss status. So I'm curious if they implemented something like that here.

No kidding?

Huh.

I honestly never knew that the small signs would show up. I never saw one in an area where I had previously beaten the boss.

Lakitu

st5fu
Are there any other swords as good as the Butcher Knife? I want something similar to it but maybe with better stats and strength scaling. I don't know if I should just upgrade it.

Littlebigbenny

Neo Member
NPC in Firelink Shrine spoiler (about 15 h in):

Can I kill Patches after he apeared as a vendor in Firelink to get the Onion Armor for the other NPC or do I have to buy it?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Where are people getting their armour equipment from?
The bitch at the fire shine only sells chainmail and the other stuff I found have been weak rags but I see people in Knight Armour and everything and I've still got the same stuff I started with.
I just got to where the Flying monkey looking things are
if that helps.

LowParry

Managed to kill the second boss? (where I get a cell key) and stopped there. Lots of fun with this game. I went with the Mercenary. Anything I should know going forward with Mercenary?

K' Dash

You misread cross-region. :)

QUOTE=K' Dash;201114864]I'll show you:

http://i.imgur.com/hEI7QWC.jpg[IMG]

That icon down right corner, it's driving me crazy.[/QUOTE]
That's Shadowplay lol[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!! how did that shit turn on?, I don't stream or save any videos, turning it off.

Thanks again.

Oh my god, toxic is fucking terrible. Made me burn through 9 estus flasks and it still didn't run out... poison fixing stuff also doesn't work on it for some reason...

Eccocid

When i am gonna find a zweihander? I have already reached to Cathedral. I want big ass swords and keep pumping to STR but all i got so far is butcher's knife :(

Banzai

Any tips for (late game optional boss spoiler)
Nameless King? King of the Storm is pretty easy but that guy does insane damage post 50% health.

FtHTiny

Nameless King? King of the Storm is pretty easy but that guy does insane damage post 50% health.

The only real advise is to really learn his delayed attacks and dodge them.
Personally this was the hardest boss in the game. His 3 hit combos are super deadly and the frame rate drops in the fight didn´t help me.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Stay as close as humanly possible. Like uncomfortably close. At least that's what worked for me.

Edit:
Personally this was the hardest boss in the game. His 3 hit combos are super deadly and the frame rate drops in the fight didn´t help me.
This is good advice. I had massive problems with the frame rate too. Really annoying when it would suddenly stutter. Like a sudden pause in the game and it wouldn't register that I hit the roll button. Then I got caught in a combo and that normally was instant death for my build.

Banzai

Stay as close as humanly possible. Like uncomfortably close. At least that's what worked for me.

Okay thanks. The delayed attacks are definitely what's getting to me. I'll just keep practising.

I think this is the last boss in the game for me. Kinda sad to be done already.

Game is really hard for me coming from BloodBorne! I'm to aggressive for DS? I'm getting worked bad and can't seem to keep my
Stamina up because I'm rolling all the time.

Man this game is really hard.

I absolutely cannot beat A
byss
W
atchers

I've been trying to fight him for over two hours now, not including time earlier. At best I got
him down to half health on Phase 2.

It's making me angry.

Thank you!!! how did that shit turn on?, I don't stream or save any videos, turning it off.

Thanks again.
NP, not sure why it's there (or what it means), but you can turn the indicator off and still have shadowplay on, if you'd like.

No kidding?

Huh.

I honestly never knew that the small signs would show up. I never saw one in an area where I had previously beaten the boss.
Yep, it was pretty useful if you wanted a quick--and pretty much a guaranteed--way to become human again. After a certain amount of mobs/time your duty is fulfilled, and you're sent home.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Okay thanks. The delayed attacks are definitely what's getting to me. I'll just keep practising.

I think this is the last boss in the game for me. Kinda sad to be done already.

How many hours are you into it? There's always NG+ and there's new things to find. As far as I can tell, they've sprinkled different things for you to find in subsequent playthroughs.

myco666

When i am gonna find a zweihander? I have already reached to Cathedral. I want big ass swords and keep pumping to STR but all i got so far is butcher's knife :(

I don't know if you find it laying around somewhere but you should be able to buy it at that point already. Go check the merchants in Firelink Shrine.

Hug him. Dodge everything and hit only once or twice after his combos.

You can buy it from a t
hief

You can find the t
hief
in a locked cell, pretty early on.

Soulflarz

Banned

Dodge stuff
Learn iframes, really that's it

Stay close doesn't work, he goes away from you obviously

....and you know, 2 hand that sword, like hell you're using block

Hes also weak to an element!
Dark. Dunno if this only applies to stage 2.

jaekeem

if u are comfortable using a shield
use dragonslayer armour's soul for a 100 physical 95 lightning shield. it's really good against his second form. just circle strafe him and poke every now and then. you can block every single one of his attacks with it and only take a little damage, or dodge

Banzai

How many hours are you into it? There's always NG+ and there's new things to find. As far as I can tell, they've sprinkled different things for you to find in subsequent playthroughs.

At about 29 hours, SL 90. I'm still deciding whether I'll go into NG+ or start a different build. I do want to try how bad Sorcery really is in this game...

if u are comfortable using a shield
use dragonslayer armour's soul for a 100 physical 95 lightning shield. it's really good against his second form. just circle strafe him and poke every now and then. you can block every single one of his attacks with it and only take a little damage, or dodge

Nah I two-hand
Onikiri and Ubadachi
. Makes me a bit of a glass cannon, sure. But it's stylish as hell.

Brakke

Banned
Earlier today, people were griping about Catacombs feeling like a Chalice Dungeon. Those people mustn't have been to the Smouldering Lake yet...

D:

Ogawa-san

Got to that
black knight in Road of Sacrifices
, beat it with two katana parries. I don't think I can repeat that... but I'll keep trying.

Trying to parry
those crow things that attack a dozen times within a second
did not go well.

Oh my god, toxic is fucking terrible. Made me burn through 9 estus flasks and it still didn't run out... poison fixing stuff also doesn't work on it for some reason...
I thought I could shrug it off like poison. Two minutes and all of my estus charges later I was deeply regretting it.

I now carry a stack of whatever item cleanses it at all times. There's one for just poison, and other for both that's a bit more expensive.

Ferr986

Game is really hard for me coming from BloodBorne! I'm to aggressive for DS? I'm getting worked bad and can't seem to keep my
Stamina up because I'm rolling all the time.

Man this game is really hard.

Stamina management is totally different from Bloodborne to Dark Souls.

Stamina in Bloodborne is almost a non issue, dodging takes a really tiny bit of stamina there so you can dodge a lot. Stamina management is harder on Dark Souls, everything takes more stamina so you can't spam dodges as much, so yeah you can't be as agresive like in Bloodborne.
Can't go directly to a move and start dancing around him and punish, is better to back off and wait for an open here.

Man, spent the night helping people with
abyss watchers
, and it's a blast. The R2 battle art(
somersault smash
) on the
Wolf Knight Greatsword
knocks the boss down and has allowed me to save quite a few hosts who were getting caught in combos.

goblin

The thing is, if you try and go with a shield character you'll get constantly guard-broken because the enemies attack so relentlessly, and the shield stability is so low until mid-game when you start to see better shields.

In DS1 having a shield and actually using it to block was a viable choice. In this it isn't, really. Certainly not for the first half of the game.

So dodging is pretty much mandatory.

This has been my experience as well. It's too bad, because I wanted to do my first DS3 playthrough as a sword and board character for a change of pace since I usually do dexterity or magic, but I pretty quickly ended up just falling back into two-handing my weapon and dodging everything. I didn't try any of the greatshields, though, and maybe they're better. Still hard to imagine that losing chunks of stamina and possibly being guard broken is more effective than dodging into good position while taking no damage and possibly being able to backstab.

I absolutely cannot beat A
byss
W
atchers

I've been trying to fight him for over two hours now, not including time earlier. At best I got
him down to half health on Phase 2.

It's making me angry.

Couple of tips off the top of my head. Stay close to him, roll left and he'll whiff a lot of attacks. For phase one, focus on defense after the second watcher spawns and wait for the third to show up, since it'll pick a fight with one of the others. He has extremely low poise, so you can combo him for quite a bit longer than you'd think if you have the stamina for it. He can also be backstabbed if you strafe roll or front roll through some of his more grandiose attacks. Estus after a backstab if you need it. For phase two if you stay at range from him you can bait out his charging lunge which leaves a trail of fire on the ground. If you roll out of the way it'll often put you in prime position to punish.

Good luck!

Afrocious

I'm doing sword and board in DS3 - first time doing it since DS1 - and I'm loving it. I think Bloodborne made my parry game way better or it's just easier to parry enemies. IDK.

I tried making a DEX character in the beginning but none of that was fun.

I didn't mind the swamp area at all but now that I'm at the catacombs I cbf.

My least favourite Souls area, always so dark and depressing. Please tell me it's short.

Eccocid

I'm doing sword and board in DS3 - first time doing it since DS1 - and I'm loving it. I think Bloodborne made my parry game way better or it's just easier to parry enemies. IDK.

I tried making a DEX character in the beginning but none of that was fun.

Are small round shields better for parrying? I can't seem to parry very well with those 100 guarding shields they are somehow slow.. I kinda remember in DS 1 small shields have more frames for parrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom