• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Yeah Watchdogs covenant is broken for me. Waited for 15 minutes and nothing. Then I tried Red Eye Orb and bam instant connection. Seriously fuck From Software from putting stuff behind covenant ranks.

It worked for like an hour on the first day for me. Even got the reward for 10 wins. After that never again ;-;

NK is relentless, just as I get the dodge game down, he manages to sneak a hit in with his chain attack and stagger me just enough that my other dodges miss, don't know if I should try with a shield.

Yeah Watchdogs covenant is broken for me. Waited for 15 minutes and nothing. Then I tried Red Eye Orb and bam instant connection. Seriously fuck From Software from putting stuff behind covenant ranks.

Yeah as someone who likes playing Dark Souls as a single player experience locking things behind multiplayer like this just bothers me quite a bit. I don't mind the occasional duel, but I love these games for the atmosphere, environments, difficulty, and lore. Having to co-op to get Sunlight Medals for Miracles was kind of annoying, but at least co-op can be fun. PvP is just annoying though for a lot of reasons.

JTCx

I've been rocking a greataxe since DS1 and the only thing that I've noticed is that you have to be absolutely on point with your dodge and when you throw out your swings. I think the wind up and recovery are fine (at least with the greataxe) because I can literally take off a massive chunk of life with a single swing. I never ran into things that were "impossible."

This^

I've finished my first playthrough using the Astora Greatsword. Like with the previous games your approach with the enemy/bosses depends on the type of weapon you're using. GS now have hyper armor on the first few startup frames so you can poise through certain attacks. Its nowhere near 'impossible'.

Although they could use a slight damage buff.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Cheers guys!

Targeted MP question. Buddy and me used the same password and same settings but we just couldn't invade/summon each other.
Wiki says the level restrictions are lifted by using a password (he's 40ish, I'm 90ish) and I could get summoned by another buddy using the password (who was 50ish).
So I'm not exactly sure what's up; my invasions ended up being at a random host :/

Anything specific needed to trigger the password as "active" or sth?

On a semi-related note, I killed two phantoms there without knowing wth was going on lol. Guardbreak + belly stab = <3

In the latest patch notes, they did mention that if there is a significant level difference, and if there's a lot of activity in the zone, then the password summon could take a lot longer than normal.

DSmalls84

Are any of the boss souls weapons particularly good? So far all I have been leveling is the Butcher's knife and it's hard to decide on what to use my excess mats on.

Shredderi

This^

I've finished my first playthrough using the Astora Greatsword. Like with the previous games your approach with the enemy/bosses depends on the type of weapon you're using. GS now have hyper armor on the first few startup frames so you can poise through certain attacks. Its nowhere near 'impossible'.

Impossible, no. Harder enough to not be really worth it, yes. I could and did have drawn out fights with bosses trying to force myself to use a UGS. Played it Ultra-save and only hit seldom. It worked. The boss did in fact die. Would have died approximately three times quicked with a very basic broadsword though. You can complete the game with any weapon. In that sense they're all viable. I'm just not in it to impose other challenges for myself. I'm not new to these games anymore, but I'm not also that good.

mstevens

This is my first time using an axe in a souls game (battle axe) and I'm really liking it so far. Good weight behind it, pretty fast swings. Is this viable late game, or is there a similar better axe later on?

I'm usually a long sword / balder side sword type player.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, I thought Strength and a big weapon was easy mode this time? Isn't that what everyone was saying last week?

I had planned on a Strength/Faith build for this game and thought I'd just level Strength for a while, until I found a Miracle vendor. I'm now at the Road of Sacrifices, successfully alternating between the Heavy Club and a Fire Claymore and wondering if I should even bother getting started on Faith.

Danny 117

Anyone else experiencing infinite loading screen on Xbox One version? Started when I got killed by the
black knight in smouldering lake before the big ladder that takes you to the ballista.

Can someone explain how to get through illusory walls? I got through some in Bloodborne but it seemed like happenstance whenever I did. I see the messages on the ground but I don't know how to get through.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Can someone explain how to get through illusory walls? I got through some in Bloodborne but it seemed like happenstance whenever I did. I see the messages on the ground but I don't know how to get through.

If your weapon plunks off the wall, then it was a troll message.

Man, the multiplayer in this game is all kinds of jacked up. Once every few hours summoning will work. The rest of the time it's immediate "cannot summon" or me trying to lay a summoning sign but the sign doesn't actually appear.

Still haven't gotten a password to work once.

I sure can get invaded no problem though. Oh boy.

In before everyone tells me it's my fault and the game is perfect. :p

Vuze

In the latest patch notes, they did mention that if there is a significant level difference, and if there's a lot of activity in the zone, then the password summon could take a lot longer than normal.

diff regions perhaps? enable cross region MP

shit I keep checking this OT and not studying whats wrong with me
We're in the same region, country even. It's weird, he doesn't even see my summoning sign while my other buddy did and could summon me basically instantly after I placed it.
After some thinking I assumed he must have done the Dancer sequence break but neither he nor the other guy did, so I have no idea why he can't see my sign.

Invading is apparently not restricted by password so that explains the random invasions.

Is there a boss between
Itiryll Central
and
Itiryll Dungeon
?

Kinda rushed through the
sea part were the big fucker jumps down from the bridge.

HELP
I have killed Horace in the Smouldering Lake, and when I go back to the Catacombs to tell Anri that he's dead, he/she's not there, only a prism stone on the ground. Am I screwed?

Soulflarz

Banned
:lol I am doing the same thing as you

but do you have a test tomorrow that you're not ready for and is silly hard and if you get an 81% or above you get out of the final with an A in the class? THOUGHT NOT

HELP
I have killed Horace in the Smouldering Lake, and when I go back to the Catacombs to tell Anri that he's dead, he/she's not there, only a prism stone on the ground. Am I screwed?

No, same thing happened for me.

We're in the same region, country even. It's weird, he doesn't even see my summoning sign while my other buddy did and could summon me basically instantly after I placed it.
After some thinking I assumed he must have done the Dancer sequence break but neither he nor the other guy did, so I have no idea why he can't see my sign.

Invading is apparently not restricted by password so that explains the random invasions.

Try putting the summon sign in another location besides the bonfire. When my friend summon my level 70 and his level is 15, we had to put the summon sign away from the bonfire.

level1

I just used the katana at the beginning of the game and everything was cakewalk, which I guess is a little disappointing but not really a big deal to me because of how fun it was anyway.

Really though? I'm using a fire uchigatana+1 and those
lothric knights
are still kicking my ass.

Maybe i just suck

pixxxelz

So I was doing coop with some random guy on
crucifixion woods
and as soon as we started the area I used the call over gesture and he turned around in like a fraction of a second stared at my character for a little while and then he kicked me out of his world lol.

brian!

What kind of build would i be going for if i were using
dark sword
? Like im not entirely clear on what it means if the ratig for stt is higher than dex, do i up both in this situation? Thx

Parmenide

HELP
No, you'll find her right after the room with the army of skeletons, near the bridge

Ice9

Love this game to pieces, and am nearing the end game, but bonfire crashes are starting wear on me. I have had close to 100 crashes over the course of the week, all centered around various bonfires. What a heart breaker.

Does this game let you permanently kill all enemies in an area like DS2?

Also what are some stat lvls to aim for, I have been dumping into endurance so far.

That big fucker is bullshit. But there is a boss in
Central Irithyll

Thanks.
Is it near the sea or where is he ? Up to the sea I think I cleared everything.

Does this game let you permanently kill all enemies in an area like DS2?

Also what are some stat lvls to aim for, I have been dumping into endurance so far.

Nope, other than special enemies they don't despawn.

ZangBa

Really though? I'm using a fire uchigatana+1 and those
lothric knights
are still kicking my ass.

Maybe i just suck

I might just be really experienced with the series at this point, but nothing posed any real challenge to me. It's real easy to bait those knights into an attack just outside their range to counter them with a couple hits.

myco666

Yeah as someone who likes playing Dark Souls as a single player experience locking things behind multiplayer like this just bothers me quite a bit. I don't mind the occasional duel, but I love these games for the atmosphere, environments, difficulty, and lore. Having to co-op to get Sunlight Medals for Miracles was kind of annoying, but at least co-op can be fun. PvP is just annoying though for a lot of reasons.

I wouldn't really mind stuff being tied to PVP and covenants if they _WORKED_. Especially since the alternative is to farm 100 covenant items with god awful droprate.

k1t4j

Please help an ashen one out, use the
blue sentinels covenant while exploring
I want to help
and get covenant rewards

Damn that
Ancient Wyvern
was some bullshit. The first time I tried it I got
up to the platform, but for some reason my character didn't perform the drop attack and just fell to his death. The next 10 or so times I was just stunlocked and killed by the trashmobs before I managed it back up. Thankfully this time the attack didn't whiff. Fuck those puzzle bosses, just give me straight 1 on 1 fights. Constantly the worst bosses in Dark Souls. DS2 had a better dragon boss fight.

I just did this fight, and of course since it was my first time, and I didn't know what to do yet, I just tried fighting it normal. The hitbox on its stomp attack is LAUGHABLE. Not even close and it hits. It's like zero effort went into that, because it's a gimmick fight, but come on.
So yeah, what could have been an epic fight turns into one of the lamest fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom