• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Aren't I supposed to be told when I'm invaded? Been fighting a mini boss twice and randomly a phantom appears and I die whole rolling away had no idea someone was in my game. Worn way of blue ring all game. Not been summoned once...

Are you actually equipping a blue ring in a ring slot? That's not how covenants work, nor is that a covenant ring.

krakov

The patch for Monday, April 18th does say Great Sword tweaks are on the list.

I mean they can't make Great Swords any worse right?

XFB3OvK.jpg

It's for the weapon called Greatsword not the class of weapons. Most likely another nerf since everyone flocks to the same "OP" weapons all the time. Next up: every weapon that gets popular on a message board. RIP dark sword.

Sane_Man

I'm about to re-allocate my stats to an intelligence/mage build for my next playthrough. Never tried this in Souls before. Anyone have any sword and staff recommendations? I think I pretty much have all weapons available.

KingKong

Theres so much hidden away in this game, a whole lot more than Dark Souls 1. Some of the most interesting zones too.
Archdragon Peak
is just beautiful

Mandelbo

When crossing the lake, there is a gutter to the left before the stairs down to irityhyl dungeon, he should be there, surrounded by like 3 of those spider-woman creatures

If you didn't send Patches after him, then you'll find his ashes down in that tunnel where all those centipede enemies are. If you're at the bonfire right before the jail/dungeon, go up the stairs and enter the tunnel to the right. It's all water. In that tunnel area, if you go up the stairs, you'll find estus soup to give you an idea.

Alright, thanks guys!

ZangBa

Well, that's that, I guess. Overall I'm left feeling disappointed in much the same way as when I finished Dark Souls II.

Overall, it felt like too much of a rehash -- and too similar to Dark Souls II. There were too many areas that felt like padding, and nowhere near enough memorable boss fights. Too much effort was put into making things "cheap hard" rather than "fun and challenging" which really, really ruins replayability.

I'm not mad that I played it -- when it was good it was great -- but it was too uneven, with more bad than good.

Much like Dark Souls II, I don't see myself replaying it much (especially not like my 4-5 runs on Dark Souls). After two relative stinkers in a row, I definitely won't get too hyped up for any future Souls games -- either From is rushing things, or the original Dark Souls was lightning in a bottle.

Could be worse; I just finished it, did not
kill the Fire Keeper
and still didn't get an achievement. Seems like it's buggy.

Hmm, well that's weird to me. This game feels almost nothing like Dark Souls 2 to me. If anything, it feels like the first Dark Souls reimagined with the really overabundant amount of references to the point that it gets slightly annoying.

I don't know how you can call it a stinker, even the worst Souls game is better than the majority out there by far, and this game is no exception.

Can't talk to
Siegward in the well
at
Cathedral
Does that mean he's dead? When I first came to this area i got 600 Souls out of nowhere and didn't know where they came from. Is this for real? Gonna be real sad if so.
Probably not, the trigger for that scene is
when you open up that main gate that you first pass through the catedral,the garden area where all the white zombies are hanging out/or meeting with patches either at firelink tower or in the Cathedral

jett

D-Member
I beat the
Pontiff's second form
from Boreal Valley on my first try. I can't help but feel rather proud of that. :p That was a really cool boss fight.

Those regular enemies though. Those are bullshit goddamn.

Brohan

Probably not, the trigger for that scene is
when you open up that main gate that you first pass through the catedral,the garden area where all the white zombies are hanging out/or meeting with patches either at firelink tower or in the Cathedral

I opened those big blue doors that i think you are talking about but still no go. Didnt meet that slimy bastard yet either. Should i try going to firelink?

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm about to re-allocate my stats to an intelligence/mage build for my next playthrough. Never tried this in Souls before. Anyone have any sword and staff recommendations? I think I pretty much have all weapons available.

My recommendation? Do it in a diff souls that is actually balanced for those builds, like DS2.

Hmm, well that's weird to me. This game feels almost nothing like Dark Souls 2 to me. If anything, it feels like the first Dark Souls reimagined with the really overabundant amount of references to the point that it gets slightly annoying.

I don't know how you can call it a stinker, even the worst Souls game is better than the majority out there by far, and this game is no exception.

ZangBa, there you are!
(Was wondering if I'd see you show up in this OT :p)

HeelPower

25 hours in.1 Lord down.

Have no idea how people finished this so fast.I beat all souls borne and I am not a particularly slow or meitculous player either.

I am gonna guess there is a good 25 hours left unless the rest of the lords are super crammed together.

Finished the game a couple of hours ago, now I'm debating whether to get the DLC or wait for a sale.

Late game Boss spoiler:
Nameless King wrecked me, had to leave him and defeat the final boss before going back and trying again. Felt great when I finally got him though.

phierce

Can't talk to
Siegward in the well
at
Cathedral
Does that mean he's dead? When I first came to this area i got 600 Souls out of nowhere and didn't know where they came from. Is this for real? Gonna be real sad if so.
Just go clear some of the level and stuff. Check back before fighting the boss. He should be there. Same thing happened to me.

ZangBa

ZangBa, there you are!
(Was wondering if I'd see you show up in this OT :p)

I took my time with the game and didn't want to spoil anything. Took me awhile because I wanted to do covenant stuff before getting too far, so I spent a long time harassing people as a mad phantom.

Now I can flaunt my controversial opinions in here like Umbasa intended.

Gorillaz

So far about 25ish hours in just reached the valley after the catacombs

After playing bloodborne it feels so good to have multiple options of weapons again and alot more different armor again. Also can't forget the PVP community forming again trying to find a new meta. Loving the hell out of this.

Messing around with different weapons right now, stuff like the metal band fist (forgot the name) and seeing what works best in PVE and/or PVP. Starting to see some spots that make good zones for PVP. Will be interesting to see where it goes and what the SL most will be hanging around to make invasions more successful.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
was dark souls 2 a lot longer than 3? I spent 52 hours with DS2 and in DS3 I am at 30 and in the last zone

You might be getting better. Seems to be about the same to me when I play through in NG. Same with Bloodborne too tbh. I hover around the 40h mark with all of them.

Sanctuary

You should definitely try out the Farron version. It's incredibly fast, does decent damage, and hits in a pretty wide arc.

Actually, I had started over another character today and I ended up grabbing it. It's awful at 23 INT and works about how I expected it would. It has a slow start up (for melee) and then you can rapidly use it in succession...to drain all of your endurance and still do way less than just using an actual melee weapon. I don't see the point of it at all, unless it's just the most amazing scaling spell of all time at higher levels. The upcoming patch has to be buffing it, not nerfing it.

LogicStep

Damn I think I went off order or something. I got to
Old Demon King
and after killing him I've been lost on where to go next since I don't have the doll to get into
Irithyll
. So I went back to the High Wall of Lothric to explore and see what I have missed, maybe find a clue on where to go next and I went into the cathedral looking place where the old lady in a chair is and saw a comment on the ground that said "try attacking" so I killed her and started a boss encounter with the
dancer
. I looked in the wiki and it says that this fight gets triggered later on after doing something? So I guess I fucked the order or whatever? Boss is hard as hell too. Don't know if I should try and kill this boss or go somewhere else and keep looking for clues.

Gorillaz

yea I assumed that death talk from him was just yoel being himself and personality shit since everyone in these games wants to "die but not really want to die"

yall really straight up killed him tho? hahahaha

kevm3

Game must have been made by the dark souls 2 team. I see a lot of the cheap, annoying things carry over to this game like large enemies with super speed who have nearly unlimited stamina and just destroy your stamina gauge or crowds of enemies that rush you.

Finished the game but I know I likely missed some optional bosses. Anyone care to tell me which ones so I can go back and do them (if possible)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/plbelanger/stats/374320/achievements/
You missed one optional area with two bosses
check if you have path of the dragon emote,you should since you beat the consumed king, then go ti the Irythyll dungeon and find that weird dragon statue that seems to be meditating outside, then do the emote next to it and wait a while

Moff

I have a question about shields
why would you take one that does not have 100% physical damage absorb? I am just wondering why most of them don't have that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom