• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

Is there any way to stop the maggots once they're on you? Or is it just guaranteed damage at that point?

The red moss that clears bleed buildup will knock them off if you have any

I have a question about shields
why would you take one that does not have 100% physical damage absorb? I am just wondering why most of them don't have that

Fashion.

Or wanting a specific element like fire or something I guess.

You missed one optional area with two bosses
check if you have path of the dragon emote,you should since you beat the consumed king, then go ti the Irythyll dungeon and find that weird dragon statue that seems to be meditating outside, then do the emote next to it and wait a while

cool thx. Gonna check it out.

Kalentan

Question, the tower you unlock for 20k, I see an item in the tower and... I can't get it. When I fall, my character always lands for a second and then slides off. Is there any way to get it?

why would you take one that does not have 100% physical damage absorb? I am just wondering why most of them don't have that
Lower wieght, different weapon art, some actually have higher elemental resistance than some 100% shields

mstevens

On my way down the first lothric area I got a lothric knight shield and helm, which I really like. Is it worth grinding any other gear off them?

Also.. Looking for something similar (move set / speed) to battle axe for end game. What's a good option there?

Loving the game so far.

Elemental Resistances
Shield of Want gives you +Souls per kill
One gives you stamina recovery (Forget name offhand)

Some have more stability which allow you to cheese certain hard bosses.

Menthuss

Holy shit at the
Irithyll Dungeon

I'm in a dark cell.
I think I see something move on the wall.
I grab my torch.
Proceed to yell in terror.

Jrmint

Did anyone else find the 4th boss (Road area) very easy? I imagine the bosses are going to get harder, but none of the first 4 bosses were exceptionally difficult.

I'm honestly ok with that, it's nice to ease you into the game a bit more than Bloodborne did. (I absolutely love BB so I'm not complaining l).

(Late Game Boss)

Wooo! Princes down! What a great fight. Just the right amount of difficulty and a great theme.

Probably my second favorite after the Dancer.

Fhtagn

Game must have been made by the dark souls 2 team. I see a lot of the cheap, annoying things carry over to this game like large enemies with super speed who have nearly unlimited stamina and just destroy your stamina gauge or crowds of enemies that rush you.

There is nothing in this game like the infinite stamina dragon aerie dudes.

And crowds of enemies that rush you happen in DS 1 as well.

Ravager61

Question, the tower you unlock for 20k, I see an item in the tower and... I can't get it. When I fall, my character always lands for a second and then slides off. Is there any way to get it?

I got it by rolling off the ledge, not jumping. If you roll, you will land on a little space slightly below the thing that is sticking out of the wall but can still get the item.

Oh wow. I thought it was just Purple Phantoms that could fight each other as well as the host, but apparently Red Phantoms can too. No need to be a purple phantom for fight clubs, I guess?

Did anyone else find the 4th boss (Road area) very easy? I imagine the bosses are going to get harder, but none of the first 4 bosses were exceptionally difficult.

I'm honestly ok with that, it's nice to ease you into the game a bit more than Bloodborne did. (I absolutely love BB so I'm not complaining l).

Yeah so far none of the bosses have been too hard - or at least haven't seemed too hard. Currently on a boss that is more annoying than difficult, though.

Omfg these past two days I was wondering why nobody was summoning me. To the point where I thought I had Internet problems.

Come to find out I never removed the password I used to play with a friend.

Omfg.

Ricker

The skill or stance to them I guess...most is weapon strike but theres a few with a dash,really helped me with the duo guys...it plants in the ground and scrapes on the ground forward a few feet...(weapon Bash)

So uh, one of my characters can no longer use Estus flasks. It says I have 15 but it's dimmed and when I use item it's like I don't have any.

Tried reloading save and restarting game, any ideas?

Keinu

I somehow never managed to get the torch or whatever you use to write messages. No idea how. Or at least I don't have them in my inventory if they're items.

Buy them from the old lady in firelink shrine. Available from the very start of the game.

Edit: You don't need an item to write messages. It's available to all, check you controller config for which button.

So uh, one of my characters can no longer use Estus flasks. It says I have 15 but it's dimmed and when I use item it's like I don't have any.

Tried reloading save and restarting game, any ideas?
Is there white steam eminating from your character, some enemies can throw bombs that overheat your flask and you cant use it for a while

usp84

Which are the optional areas?

I have been to
Archdragon keep and the area with the consumed king boss.Also i have been to the untened graves.

Is there any other area?

I'm getting very frequent micro freezes in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
. That kind you usually get when the game autosaves, but now it also happens when it doesn't autosave. And quite frequently too. Like every 10 seconds.
The area is otherwhise well done and outstandingly eery (basically T
ower
of
Latria
) but these frequent hitches killed my enjoyment for now.

KingKong

I really dont get the crazy stamina complaint. Pretty much every enemy with a lot of fast attacks can be stunlocked as soon as you get a hit in yourself

Which are the optional areas?

I have been to
Archdragon keep and the area with the consumed king boss.Also i have been to the untened graves.

Is there any other area?
smouldering lake, cut the rope bridge in the catacombs on the boss side and use it as a ladder when it falls down

Mandelbo

Depends if you want the shield for blocking or parrying, in my case. On my next character I'm gonna carry around a small parry shield that'll be useless for stopping attacks but has more lenient parry timings.

Jln1221

Banned
okay, so is going pyromancy not a good idea late game with strength/dex as your other main attributes? Been hearing pyromancy is not very strong late game.

Vire

Man high lord wolnir was so disappointing. I killed him without even taking a hit on my first try in about 30 seconds. For such an impressive looking boss, that was total weak sauce.

Why would they make his health so low?

This is probably my favorite Souls game(Bloodborne not included) mechanics and level design wise.

The bosses on the whole have been good. A few are complete pushovers and a couple made me very salty(looking at you PS phase 1) but nothing lacking creativity or style. I do wish they gave a few of them more health though.

NK being
Gwynn's Firstborn
is so fitting and probably ranks up there with From's best boss fights ever.

Idk about the lore yet but it seems pretty meh except for the stuff tat directly ties back to Dark Souls 1.

There is nothing in this game like the infinite stamina dragon aerie dudes.

And crowds of enemies that rush you happen in DS 1 as well.

Plus this game is much more suited to it than Dark Souls 2 was due to the increased speed of movement/rolling.

Soulflarz

Banned
I took my time with the game and didn't want to spoil anything. Took me awhile because I wanted to do covenant stuff before getting too far, so I spent a long time harassing people as a mad phantom.

Now I can flaunt my controversial opinions in here like Umbasa intended.

You were pretty good in the BB OT, what're you talking about :p

BearPawB

Banned
My xbox one controller randomly stopped working with this game...anyone else have this problem? Does it have something to do with the patch?

Brohan

Thanks for all the help.

Another thing entirely but has anyone tried the executioners (great)sword? Is it any good? The stat scaling seems pretty good for a STR build and the FP on kill seems really really nice. Problem is that i wasnt really planning on getting my STR any higher than it is (for now) and was instead planning to invest in FTH alot.

I just finished the game at 23 1/2 hours with only the last hidden boss left.

Game felt really short, and that was with exploring all the areas minus one or two all the way through. I'll get all the NPCs next playthrough and get the platinum. Loved the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom