• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommel

I need an extra hand, that's how many rings I've found so far.

Should've chopped it off from the
Rotting Greatwood

usp84

smouldering lake, cut the rope bridge in the catacombs on the boss side and use it as a ladder when it falls down

I went there also.I didn't remember it was optional thanks

So that means i only have the last area/boss left now.I have probably missed stuff in some areas too.

At 40 hours so i am pretty satisfied with the duration of the game.

DeS was ~40 hours also, DS 1 was 50 hours, DS 2 60 hours and Bloodborne 40 hours.Of course in these games you do get better every time so if for example i played Demon's Souls for he first time now maybe it would have been shorter.Also it depends how much you co-op or PvP during your playthrough.Then there is also the DLCs which we know are coming so there's much more dark souls 3 waiting!

Anyway i will post tommorow after i complete the game.Praise the Sun!

ZangBa

I don't know, I felt like the game was pretty long, or at least pretty similar in length to its predecessors. I can't even say I disliked any of the areas.

Jln1221

Banned
what weapons have strength/dex folks been using that are not greatswords? been using my ithryll crystal sword most of the game and havent found much better.

MUnited83

For you.
what's the correct SL to get summons at Watchdog of the Boreal Valley? I'm SL14 in my new save and can't find any. Want to show the Dancer to the newbies ;_;

Zeliard

Aldritch Faithful
covenant summons are incredibly quick. I get summoned literally every few seconds. Have to unequip it to get anything else done.

People looking for something like
Watchdogs
but far more active would probably like it a lot.

Just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
and well, I can't believe nobody made gifs using this guy.
Needs a Star Wars parody with all the dual-light saber wiedling!

Great battle but good lord it was hard.

Now, help, I'm in
Anor Londo
and getting DESTROYED by the enemies in there. Any tips on what to take to the battle will be appreciated. I'm level 54, started as knight and still using the same starting knight armor.
Using the Guts Sword, aka Greatsword.

inthrall

okay, so can I ask what pyromancies you've been using and also what weapon you're using? need some inspiration.

Great Chaos Fire Orb
is just a giant Fireball that leaves lava where it lands, two ticks of damage is great for staggering mobs that like to run at you. Beyond that, its personal taste. I switch between
Firestorm/Chaos Storm/Toxic Mist/Carthus Flame Arc/Black Serpent
depending on what I want to kill

For weapons, I used the starting hand axe through my entire first playthrough. Tried a few other weapons but nothing else compared to that.

KHlover

Banned
Just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn

Now, help, I'm in
Anor Londo
and getting DESTROYED by the enemies in there. Any tips on what to take to the battle will be appreciated. I'm level 54, started as knight and still using the same starting knight armor.

Use a faster weapon and stunlock these assholes to death. GS doesn't stagger enough. Hahahahaha ;-; (I wish I were joking)

By the way has anyone noticed that summoning seems broken in certain areas? On my second run and am trying summoning so I can speed through to the true ending, but at Church of Yorshka it just never works.

usp84

Which covenants do you have to max out in order to get the all the trophies?I maxed out sunbro covenant which was really easy but maxing out any other covenant seems pretty hard to do.

Ravager61

Just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn

Now, help, I'm in
Anor Londo

Block the regular attacks while circle strafing and then try to backstab. You'll want to roll past the lightning attacks because they still do a fair amount of damage when you block

Finally got around to my NG+ playthrough and
I've already found a new bonfire in Undead Settlement I missed the first time through, which also gives access to the first pyromancy trainer and THE HAND AXE. I was gagging for a hand axe at this point in my first playthrough. SMH.

E92 M3

Aldritch Faithful
covenant summons are incredibly quick. I get summoned literally every few seconds. Have to unequip it to get anything else done.

People looking for something like
Watchdogs
but far more active would probably like it a lot.

What level are you? I never get summoned for those.

Vire

Finding it incredibly bizarre that people beat it so quickly?..

Did you guys try and look for covenants? Items? Shortcuts? NPC side quests?

I'm at 30 hours and I just got to
Anor Londo

Haven't died much, just doing lots of exploring.

Dahbomb

The Nameless King fight.... this boss is optional yet clobbers most boss fights ever made...

x4SL7zI.gif

LiK

Anor Londo

I'm around 25 hours I think and have yet to beat all the Lords. I think I have one left. Still finding new areas and secrets. I guess some people are just going the critical path and using summons? Not sure how people are beating it so quickly either.

Nere

Anor Londo

I'm around 25 hours I think and have yet to beat all the Lords. I think I have one left. Still finding new areas and secrets. I guess some people are just going the critical path and using summons? Not sure how people are beating it so quickly either.

I didn't used summons and beat all bosses optional and mandatory and explored all areas completely. Granted I didn't do the coventants or the NPC side quests but I never do those in any souls game.

BearPawB

Banned
My xbox one controller randomly stopped working with this game...anyone else have this problem? Does it have something to do with the patch?

Restarted my computer/the game/tried my xbox 360 controller.
Tried other games and my controllers work fine with those other games.

So there is something specific with Dark Souls 3 not recognizing my controllers

Sawneeks

Banned
I just Beat A
ldritch
S
aint of the Deep
and I'm not sure where to go from there. Am I blind or do I need to backtrack and find another path?

Man does the butcher knife scream bloodborne. I can't believe I've fallen in love with this weapon lol. Lemme ask and I just need a yes or no, are there any other weapons with the butcher knifes effect?

(I just dislike the heavy attack. It looks lame and stuff. :p)

Finally finished. All achievements completed.

Just a heads up: If you are shooting to get all of the rings, be aware that you also need the +1 and +2 versions of the rings that appear in NG+ and NG++.

107 total.

psychotron

So I beat
Vordt
, beat the
fire demon
in Undead Village, met all NPC's so far....but
Leonhard
isn't showing up at the shrine anymore. I thought he was supposed to give me a key for that door in High Wall.

Vire

I didn't used summons and beat all bosses optional and mandatory and explored all areas completely. Granted I didn't do the coventants or the NPC side quests but I never do those in any souls game.
Kind of a shame because this game is rife with so many secrets it's incredible.

Feels like a 90s game in that respect where the developers put in so much optional shit that most players will never see.

Undead Settlement alone has like four big secrets.

Makes the exploration feel so rewarding and makes the player feel smart!

Tarkus

I have a question about shields
why would you take one that does not have 100% physical damage absorb? I am just wondering why most of them don't have that
I never use 100% reduction shields. I never use a shield for blocking, just for parries. The small shields have slightly slower parry animations but longer parry frames. The parry shields like the Buckler are slower than all but have the most frames. Currently rocking the Crimson Parma because it looks cool with the Lothric Knight Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom