• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow W
olnir
was dissapointing lol. Significantly less hype than the trailer led me to believe. What's up with the abundance of easy gimmick bosses?

Made it to the P
ontiff
though and tried fighting with zero estus left (this whole area is really hard lol) and got killed immediately. He seems like he could be a good straightforward fight tho.

Aldrich is giving me some serious trouble. Better call for backup...

Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom
Unable to Summon Phantom

Hopefully part of Monday's patch update is fixing this but I doubt it.

I'm getting the same but tonight is the first time for problems. It's been working fine all week.

Zeliard

Guess I should move on to try that. Didn't want to join that covenant my first time through though. :c

I'm still surprised at how quick it is. I've never had a similar covenant in any of the games get me into another player's world nearly as quickly as that one does. I can't move 10 steps without being summoned if I have it equipped.

Soulflarz

Banned
Im shocked more people arent talking about the password system for summons which makes co-op with friends finally viable

You still get your +X flask and armor and hit hard
And your stamina

Co-op with friends is viable, it's just when I play with friends I'm lazily maiming everything.

MrHoot

So is Luck builds + Hollow weapons the best damage output in the game?

And Int + Sorc the worst?

Mind you luck + hollow is only really accessible late in the game. + the streamer I think had to apply the bleed effect which also triggers more frequently with luck. Plus i'm guessing you'll need fast weapons to make it work. So definitively not the most accessible build. But reminds me of bloodborne "Fast weapon + beasthood" method where it was basically a glass canon build but the damage output was so gratifying it was worth the risk

Risette

A Good Citizen
Does anybody have a spare vertebra shackle on PS4? I accidentally fed mine to the covenant and missed the covenant giver. ._.

I want
Lucatiel's mask
that you get from trading it with the crow

jett

D-Member
So I'm reading the DS3 wiki about a few questlines.

Seriously, how is anyone supposed to figure any of this shit out.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
In the Old King Antechamer, and HOLY SHIT am I so lost in here.

Xeteh

Does anybody have a spare vertebra shackle on PS4? I accidentally fed mine to the covenant and missed the covenant giver. ._.

I want
Lucatiel's mask
that you get from trading it with the crow

What level are you? I think I have one on my original character and I have no real desire to make use of it.

I also haven't dealt with summoning in the game so far so not exactly sure what the limits are.

Raw64life

I'm getting the same but tonight is the first time for problems. It's been working fine all week.

I'd say before this it was working about 30% of the time. It's now dropped to about 5% of the time. Been at it for about an hour now and managed to get 3 people summoned. Forget about trying to get a 3rd player involved.

And of course after a failed summon you can't rest at the bonfire for about 90 seconds while the game processes your failure.

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm supposed to defeat
The King of the Storm and then the king himself straight after. How the fuck am I supposed to do that when the first fight is so bullshit that I lose all my estus? There has to be something I'm missing, right?

catspit

Is there a reason that I can only summon 1 co-op partner for a certain boss fight? Tons of signs and activity but as soon as I get one they all go and never reappear to summon a second
[abyss watchers

Soulflarz

Banned
The King of the Storm and then the king himself straight after. How the fuck am I supposed to do that when the first fight is so bullshit that I lose all my estus? There has to be something I'm missing, right?

Yes, you're missing something for the second half of the fight...
Estus uses.

ok I know that this game is pure fanservice but

location spoiler

when I saw the circle bridge come down to pick me up I was like, huhhhh, that's really familiar.

Then I saw the stares and I was like "naaaa", then I saw the words ANOR LONDO pop up and I was like

WO3NM9.gif

although I really thought that original place on the mountain was Anor Londo before I actually got to this place

Neoweee

Are you using the correct elemental ring and steel protection? Are your Estus #, Estus power, and weapon almost fully upgraded? Are you hopefully something other than a Dex or Sorcery build?

It's the hardest, late-game optional boss that 99% of players would never find their first time through the game if playing blind. He's supposed to be really hard.

The first phase is really easy once you get used to it, you can even stagger and deal massive damage at around the halfway point.
for the cone of fire just run straight to his neck, or if you can't make it, dodge through it, if he is flying and spewing fire just get away from under him

Ferrio

Banned
Got stuck on a boss P
ontiff
. Sun bro'ed it until I got a feeling for the fight then came back and kicked his ass solo.

Uthred

Im shocked more people arent talking about the password system for summons which makes co-op with friends finally viable

I'd be talking about it if it worked, tried for a good three quarters of an hour and no joy. The online for this is surprisingly shoddy considering how good it was in both versions of DS2

RedSwirl

Pontiff's Eye ring or nah? DEX build.

Got the
large titanite shard from scaring away the dragon.
Think I should use it on the Uchigatana or wait?

What do you have to go to infuse weapons with sharp?

I'm still surprised at how quick it is. I've never had a similar covenant in any of the games get me into another player's world nearly as quickly as that one does. I can't move 10 steps without being summoned if I have it equipped.

Sounds like living the dream. Bell keepers in 2 was pretty fast for me, but not that fast.

Sawneeks

Banned
Decided to finish off the night by co-op with some folks to fight A
ldritch
but out of 6 summons we've only killed him once.

Please don't run straight at him when arrows are falling.

Please don't hit him when he is teleporting away.

Please.

catspit

Is there a reason that I can only summon 1 co-op partner for a certain boss fight? Tons of signs and activity but as soon as I get one they all go and never reappear to summon a second .. Am I bugged?

Just started playing today and just beat the second boss. The level design is great so far but the first two bosses were pretty lame.

I think they work exceptionally well at tutorializing the player through gameplay. Gundyr teaches the player to block, and Vordt teaches the player to roll (as blocking him builds frostbite). They aren't crazy difficult or anything, though imo Dark Souls 3 has by far the smoothest difficulty curve in the series. Shit definitely gets difficult, but later into the game this time around.

I think they work exceptionally well at tutorializing the player through gameplay. Gundyr teaches the player to block, and Vordt teaches the player to roll (as blocking him builds frostbite). They aren't crazy difficult or anything, though imo Dark Souls 3 has by far the smoothest difficulty curve in the series. Shit definitely gets difficult, but later into the game this time around.

Do you mean just bosses or the game in general? Cause I thought the High Wall was easily the most difficult first "real" level of any of the Soulsborne games.

Do you mean just bosses or the game in general? Cause I thought the High Wall was easily the most difficult first "real" level of any of the Soulsborne games.

Bosses. I agree that the levels/regular enemies seem to ramp up considerably faster than in most previous games. My first death was to the spear Lothric knight in High Wall before the Estus Shard. Dude fucked me the hell up. And I didn't even bother with the patrolling knights outside Vordt's room. The female Fat Officials in Undead Settlement are also exceptionally dangerous for early game enemies, as are the halberd and giant axe-wielding Hollows.

Wait wait wait how can we trade items with other players...??? PS4. I don't even know it's possible....

Players should be able to pick up items dropped by other players in the same session IIRC.

If you didn't like the first two bosses then I have some bad news for you lol. I've beaten 7 bosses thus far and Vordt has been the "hardest" of them. Most have been gimmick bosses.

Most of the areas are really difficult though

CHC

Yeah certainly. I also think it's the most accessible in terms of mechanics also. I mean obviously there is still an air of mystery about things but the blacksmith, for example, just straight up tells you how to upgrade weapons and how the whole system works in very certain terms. That's kind of a series first. It's well integrated into the world, so I don't mind, but I was kind of surprised at just how clear his instructions were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom