• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
First zone
High Wall was pretty harsh. Red Eye \ Possessed mobs hit like trucks, and Fat Solaire didn't joke around either.
Boss was, however, hilariously easy.
Levelling up rhytm seems very, very slow. I think all of High Wall netted me 3 levels? Boss was 3k souls...
And throughly fuck the possessed skeleton. Hitting through terrain, and killing you while you're getting up are complete bullshit.

Ugh this feels amazing. Dark Souls with the updated feel of Bloodborne. Decided to play as a Knight and see where I go from it as I just finished the first boss.

Who was ridiculously easy.

Jobbs

Banned
First zone
High Wall was pretty harsh. Red Eye \ Possessed mobs hit like trucks, and Fat Solaire didn't joke around either.
Boss was, however, hilariously easy.
Levelling up rhytm seems very, very slow. I think all of High Wall netted me 3 levels? Boss was 3k souls...
And throughly fuck the possessed skeleton. Hitting through terrain, and killing you while you're getting up are complete bullshit.

what is
fat solaire
?

edit: nm I think I know who you mean. I just avoided him. he walks around in a circle so just stay on the opposite side

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Well, I've died about 50 times now lol.

Finally just got the cell key and spoke with greirat. Like 3 hours in. Getting ass kicked. Loving it.

Edit: I will say that I get fuckin annoyed bad when bad guys hit me through a fucking concrete wall or other shit a spear or sword shouldn't go through. It happens all the time. First souls game tho so maybe this is normal. I definitely don't recall it happening in bloodborne but my memory isn't too great so who knows.

ramyeon

Pretty happy with my character - although the hair was less Amber and more red than I expected in the in-game lighting.

CfzotZCUAAA0Hfp.jpg:large

Set lighting to low and game runs fantastic. First two bosses were a minor challenge, but fantastic. Runs great on a low rig. Core i3, 8gb ram, old HD6950. Looks fantastic, and no crashes yet. Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

Tenebrous

Is there a boss in
Undead Settlement? I beat the fire guy at the top of the elevator, and the icy guy at the bottom (the secret to the elevator seems to be killing even/odd numbers of enemies on the way from the bonfire), but am yet to encounter a boss despite heading into a new zone.

Okay I got my startup crash sorted and so far the game seems stable although I'm around 52-55fps on my overclocked 7970 and no matter what I drop down settings wise, nothing seems to change :/

Also I'm not sure if it's a bug but ever since I defeated the
katana hollow
outside of the
Firelink Shrine
, whenever I enter it, a fog-wall prevents me to exist it again and I have to
bonfire-warp to the second bonfire
to be able to explore the outside of the
Firelink Shrine
again. Is this normal? o.o

Otherwise the game feels great but honestly, I prefer the
Firelink Shrine of Dark Souls 1
, here there is no homely, "pretty" feeling :(

First souls game, decided to go with PC for the 60fps on this one and cheaper price. All I have to say is....So Dam Good.

Makes me wanna finish BloodBorne.

Corpekata

Banned
Okay I got my startup crash sorted and so far the game seems stable although I'm around 52-55fps on my overclocked 7970 and no matter what I drop down settings wise, nothing seems to change :/

katana hollow
outside of the
Firelink Shrine
Firelink Shrine

The fogwall in the shrine is simply the game loading the area outside it.

Is there a boss in
Undead Settlement? I beat the fire guy at the top of the elevator, and the icy guy at the bottom (the secret to the elevator seems to be killing even/odd numbers of enemies on the way from the bonfire), but am yet to encounter a boss despite heading into a new zone.

At one point you went into an area with a giant door to the right and an open area to the left. You went to the right. Try out the left. It was after the
area with the cannon being shot at you

katana hollow
outside of the
Firelink Shrine
Firelink Shrine

I think it's loading or something when it does that fog wall. When I died to the katana guy it did that until I sat at the bonfire. When I got back up it was gone.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Where do you get the one that lets you summon into your world? Orange if I recall?

You just have to be human and you'll see other soapstones on the ground. The orange one lets you write messages.

Only way I've figured out how to get human is to get summoned and beat a boss.

Haines

Banned
Really liking this game so far.

But holy shit do souls games not ever change.
So punishing and overwhelming at first but I'll love it I'm sure.

Glad my preorder came in the mail a day early.

Tenebrous

At one point you went into an area with a giant door to the right and an open area to the left. You went to the right. Try out the left. It was after the
area with the cannon being shot at you

Ahh, I know where you mean. That place did come to mind but I thought
hey, that looks important... I better check elsewhere first.

Thanks!

This is my very first Dark Souls game I have ever played, plan on getting the game, for those who already have it, do you recommend it on the PS4 or XBOX ONE..I know people told me earlier about graphics wise the PS4 is a little better but still since Im getting ratchet and clank I like a little variety :)

Guys, PC or PS4?

If your PC is roughly as strong as your PS4 you could go either way, although I would stick with PC if you eventually decide to upgrade your hardware, assuming you have some Gamepad to hook up and play it with. If your PC is weaker or you don't have access to a good controller (I'm sure with some effort you could get a PS4 controller to work) then maybe consider the PS4 version. The potential for 60 FPS is way too good to pass up.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Game is decently tough even for someone like me who has played every souls game. I'm loving the environments and enemies so far.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Second boss down, think it's about time to stop though as it's 3am here.

Gaf! Slight problem.

I preordered the DSIII Deluxe Edition the other day, but for whatever shitty reason, Sony never charged me due to non-existent card issues and my preorder was cancelled, despite everything being downloaded and ready to go without a hitch (misleading much). So, obviously everything is locked, including the preorder bonuses (theme & soundtrack).

That's all fine and dandy for the most part, as I'm able to repurchase the Deluxe Edition now and I've not been charged, but what happens to my preorder bonuses, seeing as I can't exactly repurchase the preorder? Will they remain on my PS4, locked forever? Can customer service sort this out, or is it beyond them?

Many thanks for an advice.

Game is decently tough even for someone like me who has played every souls game. I'm loving the environments and enemies so far.

I'm finding it pretty hard right now too and by my memory I didn't struggle with BB and DaS2 other than a few fights. I'm gonna assume that I usually gloss over those early moments in the old game where I don't have my build going. I really need a greatsword soon, but for now the katana will have to do.

Aomber

I'm finding it pretty hard right now too and by my memory I didn't struggle with BB and DaS2 other than a few fights. I'm gonna assume that I usually gloss over those early moments in the old game where I don't have my build going. I really need a greatsword soon, but for now the katana will have to do.

Did you play the original DS2 or SOTFS? Because I quit SOTFS recently, I found it to be way too cheap, although I heard original DS2 was relatively easy

No, default death state looks normal human, the "humanity" form in this sports a sort of embery effect.

I'm not sure if there is a hollow form in the game though, but the normal post-death form is normal looking.

OK, definitely spending time to make a good looking character (as I usually do). I did stop caring in DS2 so I just used default faces. But I spent a ton of time in Bloodhound making good looking faces.

jrcbandit

Am I blind or something? No idea where to go in Highwall after clearing out the initial area.

Edit: NM, there is staircase near the beginning of area I didn't explore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom