• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. it has been useful for making certain drops, (reduce fall damage) and in many case sit has been convenient for running through an area avoiding aggro.

it also is effective at its implied purpose of getting the opening backstab easily

I wish it lasted a little longer, but 15 hours into my assassin char I still use it semi regularly and I use magic weapon constantly. it's a fun build

Ha. Sounds like how I usually build my characters. Sounds good!

Kahoona

Does anyone know if the strategy guide for this game is as good as the guides for the other souls games? I know it's a different publisher this time so I'm hesitant on getting it.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Having a grand old time doing low-level invasions in High Wall. So much better without the massive lag from playing against Japanese players.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
3 bosses down so far

Iudex Gundyr
- 0 deaths
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- 1 death
Curse-rotted Greatwood
- 5 deaths

Quoting from PC performance thread just in case anyone here can happen to help.

Uhhh... this is really bad. Not performance per se, but the game has just shut off my entire computer twice in the Undead
Settlement

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what this could be? Help!
Nothing seems to be overheating, and I haven't had this problem at all before.

ALSO has anyone installed the newest AMD driver? Is it ok? Scared after those rogue NVIDIA drivers.

Specs: XFX Double D 290X, i5 4690k, 8GB DDR3 @1600, ASRock z97 Anniversary mobo, Rosewill RD600 PSU.

I'm scared to play more since it's done this twice.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK I'm really stopping now, 4am lol. Game is great so far, and absolutely fantastic on PC bar the save/freeze issue, definitely the definitive platform.

Zoidberg

How's pyromancy looking so far? I've always started as Knight, and wanted to change it up this time and start as a pyro, but I've not heard great things about magic for DS3.

StarkFist

How's pyromancy looking so far? I've always started as Knight, and wanted to change it up this time and start as a pyro, but I've not heard great things about magic for DS3.

started a pyro having never made one in previous games. great so far. default spell is powerful, and you have enough faith to cast miracles.

Jobbs

Banned
So is deprived good in this one?

from what I understand he starts at SL1 with 10 in everything, making it the best class for min maxing.

other classes may give you an easier time at the outset though due to their gear/spells, especially the knight and herald, both of which start with good shit

KorrZ

Pretty good progress for the first day I think, I would play all fucking night if I didn't have to work tomorrow this game is great.

2 bosses down so far. Decimated the first boss in like 30 seconds, died once on the 2nd boss. The red eye knight has fucked me up more than any bosses. I've also
found the prison cell and set a dude free who wants me to deliver a ring, and upgraded my estus

Can't wait to jump back in tomorrow.

UberLevi

Pretty sure I've been trying to get the chest piece to drop from the
Lothric Knights
for over an hour and gotten everything else including the sword.

Does a coldblooded killer, that's at least made it to
Road of Sacrifices
wanna help me out? On Steam.

I need the Elite Knight Set. But I either have to play basically the whole game without it, or kill a certain NPC
(
Anri
)
. Neither of which I want to do. I was preparing myself to kill her once I met her, but then I talked to her and I just can't bring myself to do it. So, if you're playing on Steam, and you have it and don't want it, or if you're a murderer and don't mind killing your Anri and giving it to me (I don't have much, but I can trade for it if I have something you want), I'd be super grateful. Currently level 24, so unless the summon range calculator is wrong, I can summon and trade with anybody levels 13-37. Or I've heard that password matching just scales you to me, with no regard for SL? Anyways, if you're willing to help me out we can give it a shot.

Kazaam

When does this game get...like
a semblance of difficulty?

Legitimately wondering.

50097939.jpg

It will get there. And yet I still think it's probably the hardest so far in the Souls series.

Soulflarz

Banned
Where do you go after Pit of Hollows?

Instead of going left to the boss, leave that boss area and go the other way (aka right, if you're at the split overhead)

When you haven't played the previous iterations for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. ;)

I..haven't :x
I beat Demon in 35
I platinum'd Dark in 70hr
I didn't even play scholar in DS2, only 1.0
and platinumed bloodborne half asleep, couldn't have taken that long, since I did the story in like 20/25hr?

It will get there. And yet I still think it's probably the hardest so far in the Souls series.

Thank God.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
What causes the fog wall to go up in Firelink? Also, you can break through it if you go up to the third floor exit up the left stair case. I kept sprinting and jumping against it and I went right through.

I now wield and Uchigatana !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom