• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazaam

Uh, was the
Crystal Sage
boss a joke fight? I walked in there with 2/3rds HP and no flasks and left with 40%.

...The hell? New pinwheel?

That boss actually surprised me as well, but I wouldn't call it the new pinwheel. I think he's closer to the Taurus or Capra demon in the sense that it feels more like a bigger tougher enemy rather than an actual boss.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Any advice for a class that has quick combat? I don't like feeling slow and/or heavy. Assuming Assassin is the way to go for this.

On the other hand, how are magic classes in these games? Hard to play, or viable?

Also, any build advice for the suggested class would be much appreciated.

I played mercenary and was happy with it, used his dual swords the whole game specced in DEX and you can find some quick daggers and stuff along the way.

Magic is pretty ass.

Jobbs

Banned
So i picked sorcerer... what stats should i invest in? Are sorcerers exclusively magic users or can i make some sort of combo of magic/phys?

hmmm. do you want to go ALL IN as a sorcerer or maybe a bit of a hybrid? I would suggest hybrid, going all in may work but it can be hard especially early on.

I'd suggest finding a basic all around weapon, like a long sword or broadsword, and upgrade it. You may want to raise attunement for your third slot (I think that's at 24) which would also give you more mana.

for INT you may not need to immediately crank it but I saw an NPC a few zones into the game who sells some nice sorceries and a lot of them require mid 20's int.

vitality really seems to give a lot of bang for the buck early on, I'd recommend getting it to 20ish pretty soon for just about anyone

Hypron

Any advice for a class that has quick combat? I don't like feeling slow and/or heavy. Assuming Assassin is the way to go for this.

On the other hand, how are magic classes in these games? Hard to play, or viable?

Also, any build advice for the suggested class would be much appreciated.

The base class makes very little difference, if you want to play light you'll want to keep your equipment load low (below 30%) and choose a quick weapon. Dex weapons tend to be fast, so you could concentrate on improving your dexterity, HP, and stamina.

Magic classes are pretty weak at the moment, they require large stat investments which aren't feasible in the early/mid game.

Wow this game starts fast! It seems like 2 mins in I was already facing a boss. Idk how the hell newer souls players can get past that guy, he's so much quicker than most initial Souls bosses. Having a lot of fun so far. The game plays at a quicker pace as well, you really just get thrown in there, really like it

Guys where do I go from firelink shrine.
Katana guy is raping me

Go to the center of the shrine next to the level up waifu. You should be able to place the sword you got from the first boss to create a bonfire. Use the bonfire to warp to the next area.

Game is pretty easy thus far. I'm one-shotting the bosses, but I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me later on.

Now that has to be bullshit. There's no way you already have the gear to take them down in a single hit, even in BB that took a very specific build.

EDIT: Unless you mean no death, I always forget some people use it as that.

nikos

I played mercenary and was happy with it, used his dual swords the whole game specced in DEX and you can find some quick daggers and stuff along the way.

Magic is pretty ass.

The base class makes very little difference, if you want to play light you'll want to keep your equipment load low (below 30%) and choose a quick weapon. Dex weapons tend to be fast, so you could concentrate on improving your dexterity, HP, and stamina.

Magic classes are pretty weak at the moment, they require large stat investments which aren't feasible in the early/mid game.

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated!

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
I thought I was halfway decent at souls games but the first boss killed me like 10 times before I got gud.

Prismo

Neo Member
I think I've made a huge mistake going for a pure sorcerer as my first character, the increased speed and aggressiveness of the enemies is making magic feel really lacking early on. Not sure whether to tough it out and 'get good' or start again.

Now that has to be bullshit. There's no way you already have the gear to take them down in a single hit, even in BB that took a very specific build.

EDIT: Unless you mean no death, I always forget some people use it as that.

Lol in this context One-shot means first try

Edit: oh just saw your edit

But yeah I one shot most of the bosses in the game but the last few PHEW

Hypron

I think I've made a huge mistake going for a pure sorcerer as my first character, the increased speed and aggressiveness of the enemies is making magic feel really lacking early on. Not sure whether to tough it out and 'get good' or start again.

Yeah. magic only becomes decent (still not great) late in the game. Even then it's too slow. But if you want to tough it out, get a good melee weapon and play melee 'til you have enough points in INT to do good damage with spells.

Jobbs

Banned
Dammit, tempted for the digital. Nah, I'll just wait till 10AM tomorrow morning.

You should go digital. The really great games should be available on your dashboard at a moment's notice without swapping discs. For example, I have souls 2, souls 3, and bloodborne all digital and don't regret it. I was playing bloodborne earlier!

You also need to be here playing with everyone right in the first hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom