• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusTroy

are people enabling the 'Manual Attack Aiming' option in the settings? (Allows for Manual Control of Aiming of Large Weapons when Locked-On)

GorillaJu

I think I've made a huge mistake going for a pure sorcerer as my first character, the increased speed and aggressiveness of the enemies is making magic feel really lacking early on. Not sure whether to tough it out and 'get good' or start again.

I've played through the game 4 times. Trust me when I say, sorcerer is HARD MODE.

Naite

To the ppl that keep up rating my message at this spot, you've saved my ass so many times
9PaOCr7.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Everything is viable, just be comfortable with the moveset.

I can't speak to Dark Souls 3 specifically, but in 1 & 2 the vast majority of weapons are never really superseded by something new that you pick up. I would assume that this one will be similar.

I finished the game with a heavily upgraded katana I got 2 hours into the game, so that should give you a good idea on viability.

it's like any souls game in that most weapons you find are viable if upgraded. some may be generally better than others but most things can be used.

No, early game weapons are very good as well. You tend to find more weapons with exotic and cool move sets later on in the game but they are not outright better (most of the time), just different.

Niiiiiiiice. Nothing I hated more in an RPG than upgrading early stuff only to find that in later stages that stuff can serve nothing more than a junk.

AmyS

Dammit, tempted for the digital. Nah, I'll just wait till 10AM tomorrow morning.

Yeah, don't go for digital, you'll end up regretting it -- I did that with SoTFS, then a week later wished I'd bought a physical copy. I won't do that with DS3. Gonna wait it out till 10AM and chug coffee all the way to GameStop :)

Aeana

I'm having a hard time deciding which way I want to go build-wise. I had such a great time as a pure sorcerer in both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but it was rubbish in Dark Souls 2. But Dark Souls 2 showed me that a melee character can be fun, which I didn't really entertain in the prior two games. I ended up finishing DS2 with a cleric. In DS3, I've completed the starter area with several different classes, and from what people say, the weapon variety is much larger in this game than the others too. Hmph.

One thing I've never tried is he slow tanky type, but I'm not sure if I want to do that here.

Wagram

So the
Ice-like
creature in the tutorial area killed me as many times are most bosses in Bloodborne. Good fucking sign man. Glad to be HOME. Heart is pumpin.

Decided to go with the Decriped class.

Afrocious

first boss down

that was fun

this game doesn't look as good as i hoped it would. dunno if it's my machine

water is choppy and the sound does a weird reset of its audio loop when I'm going through the inventory.

So the
Ice-like
creature in the tutorial area killed me as many times are most bosses in Bloodborne. Good fucking sign man. Glad to be HOME. Heart is pumpin.

Decided to go with the Decriped class.

What sort of build are you using? I killed that thing first try. >_>

I hate that I sound like I'm bragging, but I honestly thought it was fairly easy to avoid its attacks.

Edit: Ah, I see you posted what you went with.

I'm having a hard time deciding which way I want to go build-wise. I had such a great time as a pure sorcerer in both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but it was rubbish in Dark Souls 2. But Dark Souls 2 showed me that a melee character can be fun, which I didn't really entertain in the prior two games. I ended up finishing DS2 with a cleric. In DS3, I've completed the starter area with several different classes, and from what people say, the weapon variety is much larger in this game than the others too. Hmph.

One thing I've never tried is he slow tanky type, but I'm not sure if I want to do that here.

You must experience Havel's greatness. (Assuming it's in DS3)

Embrace the fatroll. Go full heavy and never look back! No one will be able to stop you, because you'll be too slow and armoured and powerful, practically a boss in player form.

Pure sorcerer is under power.

Kazaam

Only took 3 tries, but I got greedy on my first attempt with him at 5%.

Congrats! Those are the new
Crystal Lizards.
Not (entirely) true.. but you can read about it in the description of the item you got from it for more info.

105.Will

Done for the night because of work. Game's solid so far but it really hasn't wow'd me yet like Bloodborne or DS1 did, but i'm only 4 hours in so its fine.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even a massive Souls nerd but I'm having to force myself to sleep at 5am lol, game is great IMO. It's like Bloodborne but not a choppy mess which makes it so much more enjoyable to play.

Just encountered a glitch where I got summoned into
Dancer
and she was just sliding around in a stuck animation and couldn't damage me and I sat there and spammed RT for the guy lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom