• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Well I wouldn't know. You mean it's even worse in DS1&2?

He was so unchallenging and predictable, got him on my 2nd try, and that's because I got startled when my phone vibrated on my lap and got killed the first time.

I died to the tutorial boss more than that lol. The 2
Princes
are much more fun than that last boss.

Yes, DS1 last boss was underwhelming and DS2's last boss was a huge joke.

DS3's last boss isn't the hardest boss in the game, but he's not exactly a push over either. I thought his moveset was pretty cool.

Jafku

Anyvody with an X1 copy do you mind trading me a
symbol of avarice helm
? It didn't drop when I killed all 13 chests

kencey

• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.

Wait what? That's vague... what adjustments!?

Nerokis

So I have a question that will be answered with a bit of patience, but I don't want this to be in the back of my mind for the next ~3 hours of playtime.

I failed
Sirris'
quest the first time around, because I joined a certain covenant. Now I'm in NG+, I've spoken to her, and I've also spoken to
Rosaria
without doing any covenant stuff.

What should I be expecting? It's awkward, because I'm technically still in the covenant, but surely this character isn't doomed to fail that quest, right? How do you trigger the fail state in NG+?

I still haven't seen
Leonhard
pop up in the Cathedral, so I'm hopeful things will turn out well with S next time I see her. The uncertainty is bothering me, though. :p

bbd23

so I just reached L
othric Castle
and I feel like my weapons are garbage now and im taking way too much damage.

am I close to the end of the game?

Kyoufu

• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.

Wait what? That's vague... what adjustments!?

They always say that. We won't really know until we play it. At least did they mention Short Sword, Twin Sword and Magic being adjusted.

Is it just me or are
Black Knights
harder in this game than they were in Dark Souls?
They hit less hard, but they chain together hits more often and are harder to parry.

Also,
they now bleed for some reason.

Yeah. A lot of enemies seem to have ridiculous amount of stamina. Even guys carrying huge weapons will do ridiculously long combos. Plain stupid.

gHSEZyE.gif
lol

EDIT: Secret area boss spoiler

LOL I saw that happen in a speed run a day or so ago. It was hilarious.

so I just reached L
othric Castle
and I feel like my weapons are garbage now and im taking way too much damage.

am I close to the end of the game?

Yep. Even at 40 VIG I had regular enemies in that area eat up like 30-40% of my health in single hits.

LiK

Well I wouldn't know. You mean it's even worse in DS1&2?

He was so unchallenging and predictable, got him on my 2nd try, and that's because I got startled when my phone vibrated on my lap and got killed the first time.

I died to the tutorial boss more than that lol. The 2
Princes
are much more fun than that last boss.

previous games' true final bosses were super lame and even easier. this is the best final boss in the series by far. most people enjoyed the bosses before the final bosses of the previous games.

i think this was the most epic and challenging true final boss of the series.

Yes, DS1 last boss was underwhelming and DS2's last boss was a huge joke.

DS3's last boss isn't the hardest boss in the game, but he's not exactly a push over either. I thought his moveset was pretty cool.

Well I agree that the moveset is cool and I am not saying that being harder is better.

It's just that as fancy as his moves are, avoiding those attacks are so easy and samey, basically just
rolling right, left.

The
2 Princes
for example, their 2nd phase is so much more fun when you have to
dodge those fucking homing missiles, all the while having to avoid their teleporting attacks.

Well, I guess it's because I was so pumped after the
2 Princes
that I found him utterly underwhelming.

Still a fantastic experience and can't wait for the DLCs.

previous games' true final bosses were super lame and even easier. this is the best final boss in the series by far. most people enjoyed the bosses before the final bosses of the previous games.

Well, count me in then. lol. Now I know not to look expect too much from the final bosses when playing through DS1,2.

I'm going with a strength build and have just farmed the dark sword, I've got it to plus 3,should I infuse it with heavy or will that ruin it?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
36 hours, credits rolled. Terrible last boss.

Great experience, my first completed Souls game.

Now to decide to complete Souls 1 or doing NG+ with guide so I can do the sidequests properly.

Hmm.

I still do not get how people are finding the last boss terrible. I would consider the following as truly terrible to mediocre bosses

1. Crystal Sage
2. Old Demon King
3. Nameless King
4. Ocieros
5. Deacons of the Deep
6. Aldrich
7. Curse Rotted Greatwood

Except
Gehrman
I agree.
Gehrman
was fantastic!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im guessing you can find covetous silver ring and estus ring +1 in new game + i went to where you get the covetous silver ring and its still just normal version lol

LiK

I still do not get how people are finding the last boss terrible. I would consider the following as truly terrible to mediocre bosses

1. Crystal Sage
2. Old Demon King
3. Nameless King
4. Ocieros
5. Deacons of the Deep
6. Aldrich
7. Curse Rotted Greatwood

Except
Gehrman
I agree.
Gehrman
was fantastic!

He's not the true final boss. Which is why I emphasized "true". ;)

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Is it me or the game is shorter than Bloodborne? I'm clocking 33hrs and all is left to do is the last boss (all optional bosses down, all areas visited). Fantastic game btw, I liked it even more than BB and it says alot.

J-Rod

I know blue phantoms are broken for a lot of people, but it has worked much much better for me than it did in DK2. Even playing the JPN PS4 version, I got summoned as a blue quite a lot. On PC, I'm currently at 30+ proof of concord kept and only lvl 48. I would have a lot more if I wasn't terrible.

On my new character I'm doing a luck build with Anri's Straight Sword. I'm quite enjoying it so far. I hope they don't nerf it too hard in the patch tonight (straight swords were mentioned). Getting the sword was quite the task:
fighting Anri and Horace the Hushed at the same time was ridiculous. I only won when I ran away up the stairs toward Road of Sacrifices and Horace fell behind and de-aggroed, leaving me in a 1v1 vs Anri. After I (barely) managed to kill her, I went in on Horace but he killed me several times with his bullshit staggering halberd attacks
. That was a hard fight!

*Edit: And count me in the camp that liked the final boss. It was especially fun co-op because he would usually flatten at least one of the summons.

joesmokey

My final clock time was around 39 hours, with doing all optional areas. Beginning part was pretty slow for me as I was figuring out how to play, but by mid-to-late game I was steamrolling everything (Pyro). Game feels plenty long enough for me.

Enjoyable game, but I'm struggling to bring myself back to it (for NG+ or for SL farming).

MilkBeard

Looks like they are tweaking Blade of the Darkmoon to summon more easily with a wider level range in a future update based on the patch notes posted. Sounds good to me.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I don't get how you can find NK terrible.

Best boss in the game and possibly top 5 boss in the whole series.

Any boss that forces me to keep changing lock ons or play a certain way because of camera problems is not a contender for good boss imo.

Arena is good, design is good, second phase is fun but the first phase ruins it.

So what's a good weapon to use while I unlock Anri's Straight Sword in a LUK/FTH build with only 10 strength and dexterity? I feel like I'm fucked.

You're literally married to that sword if you're going for that build. That's pretty much the only weapon you can use.

I wouldn't start from scratch building up to that, either in NG+ or late game at SL80+.

Edit: someone else has a suggestion above that will probably work you.

pixxxelz

So what exactly happens to the crestfallen warrior?
He just suddenly disappears from firelink shrine (at least in my game he did) and I don't think I ever found him again after.

Frillen

I've never played a DLC for these games. So how do you handle the DLC situation? Do you cloud save at the end of the game before you go NG+? And when the DLC arrive you play it from there, is that a possibility? Will the DLC be significantly harder at for example NG+5? Not sure what I want to do.

J-Rod

So what exactly happens to the crestfallen warrior?
He just suddenly disappears from firelink shrine (at least in my game he did) and I don't think I ever found him again after.

Sometimes when he isn't in firelink he is
hanging out by a tombstone outside of firelink. You can come back there to get his shield.
After a certain point of progression he
leaves forever. You can find him in archpeak as a friendly summon. Collect all the dragon stones there, then talk to Andre. After talking to Andre, you can find him at the abyss watchers bonfire.

Sullichin

I've never played a DLC for these games. So how do you handle the DLC situation? Do you cloud save at the end of the game before you go NG+? And when the DLC arrive you play it from there, is that a possibility? Will the DLC be significantly harder at for example NG+5? Not sure what I want to do.

Typically, the DLC is harder than the main game, and accessible after a certain point in the game. I'm guessing here it won't be available until after
Dancer
or possibly after unlocking
Grand Archives

You'd have to back up saves yourself because you can't in game. I just make a new character for DLC usually

Lux R7

Eh, in visual design they are mostly good, yeah, but the game is literred with easy as hell bosses that don't leave much of a impression.

Maybe, but they are fun to fight. Which is important. Also, bosses in general were never the hardest part of souls imho.

Dlc will be harder if it's ng+, ng++, etc. what I tend to do is make a new character to replay the game again.

MilkBeard

From what I heard, Bloodborne's DLC was significantly harder in NG+ from NG. So be prepared for something like that.

The DLCs are usually accessed mid-game at some point. I doubt Fromsoft will make DS3's DLC missable this time around. It will probably just be a 'go here to get a key to access this door/new area' type of thing.

Bloodborne had a suggested level that was somewhere around 60-70. This game might have a different level range. Hard to say.

Manu

I still think the only reason DS3 bosses are "easy" in average is because we've all played the previous games many times. They're quite challenging otherwise.

From what I heard, Bloodborne's DLC was significantly harder in NG+ from NG. So be prepared for something like that.

It was significantly harder than the base game in NG as well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

The dark souls games are hugely replayable, every weapon type/spell type changes the way you play the game immensely, so I always just look at the DLC as an opportunity to start up a new character and play through again.

KingKong

I've been watching speedruns and I don't get the logic of stopping time when they quit the game during door opening animations. It seems completely arbitrary to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom