• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lux R7

I still think the only reason DS3 bosses are "easy" in average is because we've all played the previous games many times. They're quite challenging otherwise.

This and they are still not so easy. Souls vets died the right amount of times.

Onemic

I still think the only reason DS3 bosses are "easy" in average is because we've all played the previous games many times. They're quite challenging otherwise.

Im not done DS2(3/4 old flames and currently at Iron Keep) and I only got past Anor Londo in DS1, but unless difficulty ramped up significantly from those points I got to in either of those games, I'd say that the bosses in DS3 are easily harder.

pixxxelz

Sometimes when he isn't in firelink he is
hanging out by a tombstone outside of firelink. You can come back there to get his shield.
After a certain point of progression he
leaves forever. You can find him in archpeak as a friendly summon. Collect all the dragon stones there, then talk to Andre. After talking to Andre, you can find him at the abyss watchers bonfire.
Wait,
so he is the one that leaves that message in the sword grass?
I already did all that but I had no idea that was him..

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dart Spell is just there to use as a way to aggro enemies, it's not meant to do damage.
Waste of attunement slot then.
The most useful spells are Farron Flash sword, GHSA, Great Souls Arrow that can be acquired quite early in the game, It's not like GHSA is the only viable spell. Soul Arrows are also useful for early areas.
Farron Flash Sword is useful? When? It's been complete rubbish for me.

yes, he's still one of the hardest bosses in the series. So many people cheese to win him. I remember beating him legit and it took FOREVER. a battle of attrition.
My only characters that beat him legit were my DBS mage, and my Blueblood sword user. A Light Weapon-buffed weapon works well, and the DBS can knock him back at least.

Looks like regulation 1.06 could be the one to fix magic. "Magic balancing" is one of the items along with Greatswords (again), twin swords (probably a buff), and short swords (probably a nerf?). They're also increasing the level range for
Darkmoon
summoning. Should be live with the patch coming tonight.
Interesting.

A very nice comparison of a certain DS3 vs DS1 location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL1krB01pCk

Thumbs up DF. I hoped somebody would do it.
Oh cool! I wish they'd mentioned
Dark Anor
though... that's really the "real" one. :)

I've been watching speedruns and I don't get the logic of stopping time when they quit the game during door opening animations. It seems completely arbitrary to me
Yep, it's super dumb.

It only makes the footage longer, and doesn't really affect the actual speedrun.

MilkBeard

It was significantly harder than the base game in NG as well.

It was about the level of adding a new end game area.

Lux R7

The comparison shows clearly, imho, that the textures of the knight armor were better in ds than in ds2 and even ds3. I don't know why.

Jyrii

Banned
Pon
tiff Sulyvahn
is a bit annoying boss battle.

I really need to use ember for the fight, but I lost twice and don't wanna spend any more ember.

I've heared that there are 2 hidden optional areas in the game? Can someone give me some hints where to find them? Please don't spoiler their exact location but rather give some general idea where to look.

LiK

as expected, the comments in ENB's latest video has a bunch of know-it-alls concerning those leeches when no one really knows about it if they went into that area blind. insufferable. need to remember to not read the comments there.

So what's a good weapon to use while I unlock Anri's Straight Sword in a LUK/FTH build with only 10 strength and dexterity? I feel like I'm fucked.

I just made a new character with the sole intention of using Anri's Straight Sword. Here's what I did:

- Started out as Deprived*
- Kept my soul level pretty low, only putting some levels into vigor
- Bought a Chainmail armor set from the shrine handmaiden
- At High Wall of Lothric, raced to the 2nd bonfire and then looted the Broadsword (specific location in the link). This was my main weapon until I got Anri's Sword. I infused it with a Fire Gem, but a Raw Gem would also be good. Also, used all my Titanite Shards on it since Anri's Sword is upgraded with Twinkling Titanite
- Saved up the rest of my souls until I had 20,000 and then bought Tower Key from the shrine handmaiden
- Bought Prism Stone and Large Leather Shield from her too
- Went to Firelink tower, killed the crystal lizard in the
alley off the rooftop
, and then traded the Prism Stone and Large Leather Shield to the crow for Twinkling Titanite (now you have 3 so you can immediately upgrade Anri's Sword to +2)
- Sped through U
ndead
S
ettlement
(that final mob was a pain in the ass to beat, but it's doable)
- Raced through R
oad
of S
acrifice
to the bonfire with Anri and Horace. Time for
murder. Good luck, it's a really tough fight
. See my previous post for my strategy.
- Now that I have the sword I'm pumping all souls into Luck. At SL 100 I'm aiming for something like: 37 vigor, 20 endurance, 30 strength, 32 dexterity, 40 luck

* I'm doing a Str/Dex/Luck build though. I hear for Luck/Faith builds it's actually better to start as Cleric.

Caja 117

So I have
killed a boss Deacons of the Deep
now, I can decide to go to
irythil
but I passed
a part on Cathedral, were I walked a Bridge and was pushed by Patches, this Bridges was pulled down with a lever, I cant remember if this Bridge was like this before, Or Did I pulled a lever to bring that bridge up as I cant seem to find this lever
Help!

zewone

So what exactly happens to the crestfallen warrior?
He just suddenly disappears from firelink shrine (at least in my game he did) and I don't think I ever found him again after.

Talk to the blacksmith. He should have information regarding that.

You also may need to find a certain item he is looking for before he shows up again.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
as expected, the comments in ENB's latest video has a bunch of know-it-alls concerning those leeches when no one really knows about it if they went into that area blind. insufferable. need to remember to not read the comments there.
What are you referring to...? Leeches? :S

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've heared that there are 2 hidden optional areas in the game? Can someone give me some hints where to find them? Please don't spoiler their exact location but rather give some general idea where to look.

There are 3 of them. General locations:

1. Catacombs
2. Irythil Dungeon
3. Consumed King's Garden

NEO0MJ

Agreed. After 4 games with similar style, you can know what to ""expect".

Yeah. You'll never regain the magic of the second game you play, let alone the first. No matter how they mix it up you can still see the basics of any move and react better to it than you have the bosses in the first game you played.

I think the poster meant that they were significantly boosted in strength in comparison to the other NG+ bosses. When I first fought
Ludwig
just about any hit could take more than half my life, and the jump became an instant kill. I had to refocus on boosting health in order to survive that fight.

Lux R7

1) skeletal gangbang

2) your health goes down in a blink of an eye, look for the peak and please don't be shy

MilkBeard

Yeah, I don't bother even reading the comments. So many know-it-alls.

Dude... your avatar haunts me. What is that?

Meet Sophia, the android that will destroy all humans.

I was having mixed feeling about the game for the first half. I mean, everything is ashen, then its bog and brown bog and then fucking Carthus catacombs, worst Chalice dungeon ever. Boss weren't special. Even Cathedral of the deep wasn't that good, I didn't like how everything looked so similar.

But then you get to Irythill, Fucking hell. You climb all the way up there.
Sullivan wow. Aldrich holy fuck. Then the Dancer right after holy shit. Wait I forgot Yhorm, that was epic. too. Okay, back to the castle, damn that sky box. And the Dragon Armor
fucking hell.

Yeah, the game really takes a very long time to take off but damnit my last session of levels and bosses was just insane

KingKong

to be fair when he was standing still and moving the camera I was like 'come on, it's right there! you can see why you're bleeding', and considering everything in Dark Souls has a graphical effect associated with it and there was a big white flash when they dropped off, he should be able to put two and two together

TXPf4tE.png

zewone

Would you consider the name of the areas they're connected to be spoilers?

If not, unhide these:

Irithyll Dungeon

Consumed King's Garden

MUnited83

For you.

Eh, not really. I've been replaying both DS1 and DS2 at the same time. DS3 has easier bosses and it's easier overall for the most part of the game.

I blame most of enemies being basically poiseless. Just stagger and R1 spam them to oblivion.

Venfayth

to be fair when he was standing still and moving the camera I was like 'come on, it's right there! you can see why you're bleeding', and considering everything in Dark Souls has a graphical effect associated with it and there was a big white flash when they dropped off, he should be able to put two and two together

TXPf4tE.png

Yeah, I had the same reaction. He must have been looking in the background and not at his character.

edit: I really wish that he'd read the item description on the
white branch he got from the giant. He was just complaining about there not being enough lore about that guy, and while it's still not a ton, it's more than he's giving the game credit for!

1) skeletal gangbang

2) your health goes down in a blink of an eye, look for the peak and please don't be shy

There are 3 of them. General locations:

1. Catacombs
2. Irythil Dungeon
3. Consumed King's Garden

Thanks guys! Is the area in
Consumed King's Garden
the one behind
an illusionary wall, which is simply the starting area of the game with a black sky
? If yes, I already found that one. And is the one in the catacombs having
a big worm and some sort of huge crossbow shooting at you
? It's actually quite hard to determine which area I visited was "hidden". I've beaten 15 bosses and I'm standing right before
Lorian and Lothric
, so it feels like I'm almost through the game.

Venfayth

Consumed King's Garden
the one behind
an illusionary wall, which is simply the starting area of the game with a black sky
? It's actually quite hard to determine which area I visited was "hidden". I've beaten 15 bosses and I'm standing right before
Lorian and Lothric
, so it fells like I'm almost through the game.

Yup both of the ones you asked about are optional/hidden.

Novocaine

Giving that Anri's sword build a go, it's okay but I miss the stagger from the UGS. I have to say though the FUGS really doesn't deliver as well as it did in 2. I know it got nerfed but even still for as slow and stamina consuming as it is it really should be a little more powerful.

But the excuse to drop a bunch of points into faith is very welcome, I'll give it a proper crack for NG++

This has to be shared lol. I knew that playing on the pc version that things like this would pop up but god damn this is nightmare fuel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gnlfv/while_invading_i_stumbled_upon_a_nightmarish/

While invading I stumbled upon a nightmarish creature.

What the hell is that? http://imgur.com/sdS0Dn3
Oh my god http://imgur.com/L8uYcrz http://imgur.com/86W7kUQ
ITS GOTTEN BIGGER http://imgur.com/QGSo0bU
GOD HELP ME http://i.imgur.com/olmY0xk.jpg http://imgur.com/LHW5EsT
The exorcist?? http://imgur.com/Ep1RnIL
Oh my http://imgur.com/axPPAPY http://imgur.com/2qy06S1
It's body is changing! http://imgur.com/2qy06S1 http://imgur.com/I3K9k06 http://imgur.com/jdGkQYG
God has abandoned us all.

LiK

TXPf4tE.png

Even if you knew the reason, you wouldn't know how to stop it. Comments were like
use the torch!
etc.

Sinatar

Consumed King's Garden
the one behind
Lorian and Lothric
, so it fells like I'm almost through the game.

You've found the Consumed King's Garden one and the Catacombs one.

I can't handle this opinion. Really. I can't. How is this possible?

Oh, you didn't play the previous games and beat it easily. That would explain a little bit, but calling it terrible... huh.

Well, granted my opinion was heavily emotion based, and not so much logic(?) based.
But let's see if I can make you see how it's possible (for me to have this opinion).

My thought processes during the fight with
Abyss Watchers, 2 Princes
for example was "Must not fuck up, must not fuck up, must not be greedy", and finally when they went down, my hands were often full of sweats, heart racing and feeling rewarding.

My thought process during the final boss was like this "Let's see what you can do - oh so that's what you do - and really that's all you can do?". When he went down, I really did expect him to
stand up a third time
. Literally said "What" when he didn't. (Part of me expected him to stand up 5 times, each represents each Lord of Cinders, LOL)

I fought him and 2 Princes back to back so I can't help comparing with them.
His spells are less impressive, the homing missiles tracking are way worse, you can literally walk to the sides and it won't hit you, while you have to roll like a mofo to avoid those of Younger Prince, physical hits no where near damaging, staggering as Elder Prince, his strong attacks are slower, way easier to dodge and his back is open way more often.

But I guess it's fair for me to correct myself that he's not terrible, just underwhelming. Now that I've calm down.

kagamin

I had Carthus Flame Arc by the time I started the cathedral, so I just used it without thinking and bam! It was very effective.

KingKong

Even if you knew the reason, you wouldn't know how to stop it. Comments were like
use the torch!
etc.

oh yeah, I wouldn't expect him to figure that out, it was just interesting that he wasn't more curious about what was happening. He'll probably miss out on Siegwards quest too but thats totally the game's fault

Sinatar

Okay, thanks. So that means the last hidden area has to be in
Irythil Dungeon
. But I guess it's not the part where
these three big alien-hippos
are, right?

Those are in the Profaned Capital which is past the dungeon.

When I first got to that area, which was the first day of the Japaneses released, I had no idea how to get rid of the leeches. So I just took the bleed damage and drank my estus away :(

LiK

oh yeah, I wouldn't expect him to figure that out, it was just interesting that he wasn't more curious about what was happening. He'll probably miss out on Siegwards quest too but thats totally the game's fault

Yea, I don't mind him missing stuff. That means more ENB DkS3 videos! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom