• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

So I beat my second boss

tree testicle dude lol
....so where am I suppose to go now?

I gave the kiln to that dude in chair, should I just use the boss souls from him? They only make one item correct?

If you're not sure where to go, you haven't explored all the areas yet. They take you to the next area.

Tingle

Way of the Blue is so broken. Get invaded, stall a bit waiting for help.. after a few minutes just decide to kill the invader. 1 minute later, a summon appears. 1 minute after that, another.

Yeah, I was summoned quite a few times as a blue to an empty world. The covenant has so many issues that I suspect it will require further fixes in the future. Still, this patch makes me glad that FromSoft is at least acknowledging the issue.

That being said, I finished the covenant awhile ago, so its not really doing me much now.

Momentary

Banned
I feel like I'm cheating when using the dark sword in PVP. It hits so hard. This one guy last night probably lasted 5 seconds after I started attacking. I feel like I might be getting invaded by low level people. There's no way this sword can kill a person in 3 swings using light attack.

adz2ka

Fellow Dark Sword bros, what weapon did you switch to after for your next playthrough? The last quarter of the game was pitifully easy with it equipped

Toxi

Banned
Is it just me or are
Black Knights
harder in this game than they were in Dark Souls?
They hit less hard, but they chain together hits more often and are harder to parry.

Also,
they now bleed for some reason.

KHlover

Banned
gHSEZyE.gif
lol

EDIT: Secret area boss spoiler

How's that work? I had 99 luck for farming silver knights and the AR was ~450.

Lighting blade at 30 faith doesn't add that much.

Sacred Oath + Lightning Blade

Flynn's Ring
Lloyd's Shield Ring
Lightning Clutch Ring

Get your Faith up to 60 if you want more damage. Enjoy your 800+ AR =D

zma1013

Yeah so Nameless King is a terrible boss fight.

Yeah initially, that camera just doesnt work for this fight. I found locking on to the dude actually works better as well as staying about medium range away. Not too far, not too close.

Don't use lock on and don't stand right underneath him, problem solved.

Thats great advice if it wasnt for the bosses constant need for standing overtop of you.

neoism

soo is the patch coming to ps4 tomorrow as well... shit i was gonna play a bunch today but if we gettin a patch tomorrow..😑😕

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Finally finished the game after exactly 30 hours. Now to grab an undead bone shard and estus shard that I missed and then off to NG+

zewone

A new version and a new regulation version of Dark Souls III will be deployed on Wednesday, April 27th.
The version update will require a downtime, which will happen at the following times :

PS4 – 4PM to 6PM PDT
XB1 – 4PM to 10PM PDT
PC – 11PM to 1 AM PDT

The 1.04 version will include the following changes:

• Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
• Conditions for optional events is eased.
• Conditions to get Rosaria’s Finger is eased.
• If they haven’t visited the Untended Grave, players will not be teleported there.
• Kicks cannot be parried.
• The Crystal Sage will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
• The Dragonslayer Armour won’t die before the battle.
• Knight Slayer Tsorig will no longer gesture unintendedly.
• Siegward of Catarina will now be able to properly rescue Greirat once conditions are met.
• If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
• The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
• Items, bonfire and the “Quit Game” option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
• If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
• Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.

The Regulation version 1.06 will not require any downtime and will include the following changes:

• The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
• The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
• Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.
http://darksoulsgame.tumblr.com/post/143486866571/dark-souls-iii-update-42716

So if I understand this correctly, if I want to play today on PS4, my choices are download the patch and have a bad framerate and not be able to play online, or not download the patch and not be able to play online?

Edit: well, looks like they're updating later today so I guess I'll just chill and wait to update until tonight.

LiK

So if I understand this correctly, if I want to play today on PS4, my choices are download the patch and have a bad framerate and not be able to play online, or not download the patch and not be able to play online?

you can't play online without downloading the patch anyway.

If that patch fixes the crashes I get from having shadows maxed out, I will be a happy man.

Making straight swords a little less strong in PvP will be nice as well.

Manu

I love getting one shot by spells. That's my favourite.

Get a shield with good lightning resistance. Wear the Thunder Stoneplate Ring.

Watch the boss get progressively angrier as you tank all of his attacks (physical AND magic) with the shield while laughing at his face.

NEO0MJ

So now that I've seen the bosses I decided to rip the CD and listen to the soundtrack, and I have to say I'm disappointed. Not with the tracks but with the fact that some music has been cut or edited in a bad way. Most glaring of all is the track for the
Nameless King. It's missing the entire second part. You know, the part where we actually see the name above the healthbar as the Nameless King.

36 hours, credits rolled. Terrible last boss.

Great experience, my first completed Souls game.

Now to decide to complete Souls 1 or doing NG+ with guide so I can do the sidequests properly.

Hmm.

usp84

So now that I've seen the bosses I decided to rip the CD and listen to the soundtrack, and I have to say I'm disappointed. Not with the tracks but with the fact that some music has been cut or edited in a bad way. Most glaring of all is the track for the
Nameless King. It's missing the entire second part. You know, the part where we actually see the name above the healthbar as the Nameless King.

Yes that is really weird that it is missing.I have only found a youtube link for it

Astral

So what's a good weapon to use while I unlock Anri's Straight Sword in a LUK/FTH build with only 10 strength and dexterity? I feel like I'm fucked.

Game sure loves to randomly freeze for a second before dying.

I'm mashing the shoulder buttons to get out of the asylum demon hand and the game then stuttered causing the input to drop.

I can't agree with that. It's perhaps the best last boss in any Souls/BB game.

Well I wouldn't know. You mean it's even worse in DS1&2?

He was so unchallenging and predictable, got him on my 2nd try, and that's because I got startled when my phone vibrated on my lap and got killed the first time.

I died to the tutorial boss more than that lol. The 2
Princes
are much more fun than that last boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom