• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
So onion bro flaked on me.

Here's what I did

1) Meet him at the lift but not fight the fire demon with him. (If his quest was broken I wouldn't have seen him at Profound Capital later in a cell)
2) Talk to him while he is trapped in the well.
3) Get his armour back.
4) Meet him in the kitchen and toast with him.
5) Free him from his cell in Profound Capital, he gave me a slab.
6) Go kill the fire demon while I am scavenging around Undead Settlement searching for leftovers.
7) Start the Yhorm fight with a player summon...but he doesn't show up, I die. So I do it again, but without a summon but he doesn't show up still.

8) Go back to his cell, and he is sitting there telling me to be on my way and that he will be going his way soon.

Wtf?
I want the armour but I don't wanna kill mah bro for it.

He flaked on me too and I did EVERYTHING. I think there's just something about him that can break, which is pretty frustrating.

_Legacy_

one thing about playing offline during NG++ was i finally located the NPC summons and they're not awful and helped out a lot. wish i knew that cuz summoning players was annoying as hell since it took too long or it didn't work.

What's NG++ like, are the bosses more difficult? I've been cruising through NG so far, only had a hiccup a couple of times. Although, I'm currently on
Archdragon Peak and soon will face the dastardly NK

Cyrano

Assuming he's talking about the various FTH spells that have a 40 or less requirement. The only ones that I ever consider using are Medium Heal, Caressing Tears (although not really needed), Deep Protection, Dark Weapon and Lightning Weapon, but those are still significantly more options. Basically, Pyromancy is the closest to "jack of all trades" in this game, except it's simply better than that.
It's definitely "jack of all trades" but that still comes with real tradeoffs, mostly regarding range and damage (there's also level relative to effectiveness, but that's neither here nor there for PvE).
Also, I have never used
Hidden Body
on my offensive ranged Sorcery playthroughs, because I typically stop at 24 ATT, 30 at most. I normally don't have the slots to spare, or I simply don't feel like spending an additional 15 FP every few encounters. It might actually be more viable if you can rush to getting a
Simple Shield
, but until then it just seems really inefficient, other than the fact that you're almost guaranteed to not have an enemy in your face after casting your first spell.

I am using it on my current playthrough, but I am just playing a stealth melee build right now that is 100% undetectable aside from red phantoms and bosses.
Well, my own experience is that it's one of the things that makes Sorcery effective and efficient - in PvP I tend to scrap it for more homing spells, but even there it can be busted if used effectively. It's just a really, really good spell for the cost. I wished it lasted a bit longer, but it's already good enough.

Sullichin

Beat Ab
yss Watchers
at level 1 last night. I was shaking.
Wasn't that bad in the sense that I was doing really good damage with fire club + 4 (good at staggering too). But I had a few attempts where I would get some satisfying backstabs and do good damage really quickly and then get annihilated in an instant. Things could go sour real fast. The successful attempt wasn't the cleanest.

Decided to switch to raw reinforced club + 4 after this fight, can't really tell if it's better. Is carthus flame arc with 10fai/10int still better than charcoal pine resin?

The next boss
Wolnir
wasn't really any more difficult but I continue to hate his death gas. Died once to that as he kept inching forward and dropping it. I was backed up to the entrance of the boss area. Fuck that gas. Next attempt he didn't even do that attack and it was so much easier.

Pretty scared of what is coming ahead. I'll probably get stuck on
Pontiff Sulyvan
and start another character for a while instead

LiK

What's NG++ like, are the bosses more difficult? I've been cruising through NG so far, only had a hiccup a couple of times. Although, I'm currently on
Archdragon Peak and soon will face the dastardly NK

Not too bad since I leveled up a lot but the bosses do have a significant life increase especially with summons and they do still hit pretty hard. They also use slightly varied attacks that I didn't see in NG and are more aggressive. The final boss in particular took way longer to kill than I expected.

Seyavesh

also, rapport works on almost everything

so that's real fun too

much more than hidden body

...wish it worked on the irithyll enemies though, 'cuz i bet watching pontiff knights just blast each other to bits would be extremely entertaining

Cyrano

so that's real fun too

...wish it worked on the irithyll enemies though, 'cuz i bet watching pontiff knights just blast each other to bits would be extremely entertaining
Haven't actually used
Rapport
much, so I'll have to experiment with that. But yeah, doing the whole mind control thing on enemies does sound fun.

Sanctuary

so that's real fun too

Hidden body for a melee build is hilarious though. It's great to be able to backstab enemies that are typically very difficult to backstab otherwise. Then they just flop over, and it ends up costing you 0 FP.
What I haven't done yet, but what I want to try is to invade someone, and then when they start summoning help, run up to them while hidden and try to cast Firestorm on the obvious cluster of people. Even if it gets me killed, it would be worth it.
Chameleon is another hilarious spell to use in PvP. I've had so many people run past me as an out of place candelabra, or gargoyle, only to get shot in the back by a CSS or Soul Stream. It doesn't seem to have a time limit either.

Ferr986

Lightning Weapon is just so much easier to get then Darkmoon Blade, I'll just use that instead...

They also add the same damage (other than one being lightning damage and the other magic, of course). Darkmoon Blade doesn't get stronger than Lightning like DS1 when you leveled up the covenant.

The should have made DB the first covenant reward...

Robiin

Is twinkling titanite easy to come by later?

I upgraded my irithyll frostbite straight sword but i don't really like it anymore, rather use the Artorias sword (wolf whatever it's called).

Sanctuary

I upgraded my irithyll frostbite straight sword but i don't really like it anymore, rather use the Artorias sword (wolf whatever it's called).

Sort of. You get a lot of it through the game, and it can actually be farmed (or purchased) later.

myco666

They also add the same damage (other than one being lightning damage and the other magic, of course). Darkmoon Blade doesn't get stronger than Lightning like DS1 when you leveled up the covenant.

The should have made DB the first covenant reward...

Darkmoon should have additional rank 3 for it and it should require 50 Proofs.

Seyavesh

Haven't actually used
Rapport
much, so I'll have to experiment with that. But yeah, doing the whole mind control thing on enemies does sound fun.

the big thing is that it works like on 100% of humanoid enemies barring some endgame exceptions (irithyll's everything comes to mind, sigh)
i don't think it works on any non-human enemies? which is rather unfortunate

more importantly there is no limit to rapporting enemies like in ds1 so you can go buck wild turning every single humanoid onto your side

also supposedly some pyromancy (chaos orb?) and affinity got nerfed in the 1.06 patch (?)
man, if that's true...

Artorias sword is upgraded with titanite scales, so go ahead and spend your twinkling without worry.

what-ok

So after getting the
usurper
ending and wanting all three endings, do I need to purge the
hollowing
or just do new game to get rid of it?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well it'll do that if you're in one of the covenants that auto summons you, examples: Watchdogs of Farron or Blue Sentinels.

And the flashing means you are in an area that makes you eligible for the automatic summoning. Some places you can't actually be summoned from.

LiK

yes, tons of crystal lizards and
a certain ash let's you buy it later

SDR-UK

Sure it should since the Covenant works fine. It would be also generous compared to 500 items needed for Covenant ranks in Dark Souls 2.

I've yet to see this Covenant work. I have never been summoned in three play-throughs. In fact, the only reason I do not have the platinum is because I still need to farm 20 more items for Darkmoon Blade miracle.

ElFly

I rapported one of the little Greirat dudes in
Archives
and he just straight up AIR DASHED to go hit the
Crystal Sage

It was something out of Marvel vs Capcom.

Robiin

Sort of. You get a lot of it through the game, and it can actually be farmed (or purchased) later.

Artorias sword is upgraded with titanite scales, so go ahead and spend your twinkling without worry.

yes, tons of crystal lizards and
a certain ash let's you buy it later
Thanks guys! Oh, it's upgraded with scales? The ones you get from those big ass lizards right? Think I only encountered three so far! (I'm up to the catacombs of carthus so a fair bit behind everyone else here.

laxu

Finally took out
Nameless King
. Had no Estus flasks left and one hit would've killed me. Luckily I managed to stagger him and one hit away from victory ran out of stamina but I managed to regain enough for that last hit.

Probably took over 30 tries overall. After that I beat
Dragonslayer Armour
on my second try.

myco666

I've yet to see this Covenant work. I have never been summoned in three play-throughs. In fact, the only reason I do not have the platinum is because I still need to farm 20 more items for Darkmoon Blade miracle.

Yeah I haven't had it work either. Blue Sentinels worked one time and even then the host had died already when I spawned in. Doesn't help that the farming the proofs is godawful.

Ocho

What's so great about the dark sword? Strength scaling? Is the heavy attack frequently used? I'm trying it out +10 and it's.. okay?

GulAtiCa

So I heard they made the Blade of the Darkmoon easier to be summoned in the latest patch. Was that correct?

Not wanting to farm those Silver Knights at the A
nor Lando
bonfire on the stairs. Though easy to kill, would be a long process

kagamin

You wanna know about a covenant that doesn't work? Gravelords... broken as all hell. I wish we had version of it that worked in this game.

pa22word

So I heard they made the Blade of the Darkmoon easier to be summoned in the latest patch. Was that correct?

Not wanting to farm those Silver Knights at the A
nor Lando
bonfire on the stairs. Though easy to kill, would be a long process

I'm on latest patch and haven't had any luck with it at all after playing for a few hours =\

myco666

What's so great about the dark sword? Strength scaling? Is the heavy attack frequently used? I'm trying it out +10 and it's.. okay?

Infuse it with Heavy Gem, go to Lothric Castle, find a Knight and start mashing R1.

You wanna know about a covenant that doesn't work? Gravelords... broken as all hell. I wish we had version of it that worked in this game.

Can't beat that. How that even worked? I remember getting gravelorded only once when I played the game around AotA launch and even then I ignored it entirely.

Finished 2nd playthrough at 22 hours doing all the optional and getting the
Usurping Ending.
. Only Miyazaki (besides Nintendo)can make a game that has replay value these day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom