• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Finished it.

Linked the first flame
like a pansy. I tried
walking out but nothing happened - if I walked back to the first bonfire that probably would have done a different ending
?

Anyway, looking at the achievement list I've missed
Watchdogs of Farron
covenant,
Rosaria's Fingers
covenant,
Oceiros, the Consumed King
boss,
Untended Graves
boss(?),
Champion Gundyr
boss,
Archdragon Peak
area,
Ancient Wyvern
boss,
The Nameless King
boss and
Blade of the Darkmoon
covenant.

Plenty to do before NG+ it seems, all before my favourite part of going on a murder spree.

I know at least 2 areas - one that had notes saying to do an emote but I couldn't find the right one, and another one had a lake of toxic that I just nope'd out of.
The other endings require
more than just walking away. One involves a very a specific quest line you'll likely need a guide for. The other requires a certain item be given to someone.

Hey guys. I'm still on patch 1.03. Does the latest patch still have frame rate issues that 1.04 seemed to bring?
I read that may have been caused by removing fog gates to constantly load in the surrounding areas.

I'm on PS4. Is it ok to patch to the latest revision now?

Hey guys. I'm still on patch 1.03. Does the latest patch still have frame rate issues that 1.04 seemed to bring?
I read that may have been caused by removing fog gates to constantly load in the surrounding areas.

I'm on PS4. Is it ok to patch to the latest revision now?

Last night was the first time I played since the patch, I didn't notice anything different when it came to frame rate.

usp84

So i need a good DEX weapon for my sorcerer. I have 60 INT and 30 DEX after respec.Which one should i use as a secondary weapon(after my spells)?I upgraded chaos blade for the moment

Pejo

So i need a good DEX weapon for my sorcerer. I have 60 INT and 30 DEX after respec.Which one should i use as a secondary weapon(after my spells)?I upgraded chaos blade for the moment

I've been using Carthus Curved Sword on my Sorc/Dex hybrid to great results. It's buffable, scales ok with Sharp infusion, and it's got great range and bleed capabilities. Most importantly, it's a curved sword that still retains the kick move for shields instead of that bullshit flip move.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Not sure but does anyone know if the fuchsia great sword got nerfed?
latest

Autocorrect?

Pyro is pretty powerful from what I read. Sorc seems the next most useful and Faith seems to be disappointing here. Haven't read any glowing comments about their Faith builds. Kinda surprised because it's so OP in DkS2.
Faith is a disappointment indeed so far. I was so excited to find my Blessed Gem...

...Only to find it out its scaling is utter shit and raw outdamages it by huge amounts. HP regen doesn't seem worth it.

Then I was so excited to find my lightning spear miracle!

...Only to find out it does pitiful, pitiful damage even with Morne's Ring on.

:(

Granted, I'm only at like, early-mid-game (last boss I killed was
Wolnir
and didn't enter the Smouldering Lake yet), but still...

No, I stop at +9, unless I have extra slabs that I don't need. It's at 30/30 INT/FTH, only using two rings (and you can use up to a total of four damage boosting rings for both Pyromancy or Sorcery if you really want to).
...Four? I can think of Magic Clutch/Young Dragon/Bellowing Dragoncrest, or Fire Clutch/Great Swamp/Witch's ring for pyros. What else is there? Do you mean the Scholar's Ring?

Ogawa-san

Just watched someone on Twitch kill the
ancient wyvern. Got all the way to the platform, then... shot it with a bow for 10min.

Can't even blame the streamer. If you have to put signs around telling how to deal with the boss, then it's not good.

LiK

ancient wyvern. Got all the way to the platform, then... shot it with a bow for 10min.

Can't even blame the streamer. If you have to put signs around telling how to deal with the boss, then it's not good.

That was pretty unusual too. Devs had to put signs on the ground in such a late game optional area. I think that boss fight would make more sense if they didn't include the other enemies in there. If it was empty then you would actually explore and look for other ways. I have to agree it was a pretty poorly designed gimmick boss fight.

pa22word

Holy shit. I'm wondering if I even want to do that :/

Last night I had the covenant equipped and kept invading just to get pale tongues, not knowing that this covenant was all about being summoned for help. Didn't get summoned once during the 2-3 hour session.

Even invading can take a while, and 8/10 times I'm outnumbered and can't do shit. When I'm lucky to get 1-on-1 encounters, I manage to fuck up BAD for not following up on a parry or never being able to punish the motherfuckers who chug on estus.
One of the things I hate so much is that summoning someone for pvp from a red mark doesn't yield a pale tongue or dreg to the host. All of these covenant items are BS, to be honest.

BTW, I handed the initial 5 pale tongues to
Rosaria
for the respec and then handed over about seven after last night's pvp. I didn't get the ring, although she is dead. Does she need to be alive for me to get the ring?
Dude drop a /red/ soapstone if you want cov items to drop.

Got 30 tongues in like 90 mins at high wall bonfire this way.

tariniel

I beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
last night after 3 tries.

I think this is the first boss where I found the shield to be useful. Every boss until now I just rolled through the attacks, but I had more luck blocking and punishing on this guy. Great boss fight, the lore on his soul & the weapons is pretty interesting. I'm really looking forward to finishing the game and then reading about the lore speculation and such in other threads/videos.

I helped 4-5 people kill him and then promptly got invaded in the next area. I'm such ass at PVP in this game.

Question: If I'm embered and set a password - is it impossible to be invaded by normal players? I want to play online, get the NPC invasions, but not player invasions yet.

kagamin

Also somehow I was never told I was invaded by a dark spirit....I went to boss and this time there was a fog gate which I thought was because I died. Enter and then a message pops up saying Dark Spirit Gianduiotto has returned home. So what gives?

They didn't get all the way into your world enough for their invasion message to appear, but they were just in time for you to enter the fog gate, I think.

LiK

I beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
last night after 3 tries.

I think this is the first boss where I found the shield to be useful. Every boss until now I just rolled through the attacks, but I had more luck blocking and punishing on this guy. Great boss fight, the lore on his soul & the weapons is pretty interesting. I'm really looking forward to finishing the game and then reading about the lore speculation and such in other threads/videos.

I helped 4-5 people kill him and then promptly got invaded in the next area. I'm such ass at PVP in this game.

Question: If I'm embered and set a password - is it impossible to be invaded by normal players? I want to play online, get the NPC invasions, but not player invasions yet.

No, password is for summoning friends. You can still be invaded. NPC invaders will work offline so play offline for that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

I can. There are like 3 dev messages telling you what to do. WTF

BTW, I handed the initial 5 pale tongues to
Rosaria
for the respec and then handed over about seven after last night's pvp. I didn't get the ring, although she is dead. Does she need to be alive for me to get the ring?

She doesn't need to be alive, but the 5 you used for respec don't count as covenant offerings. Sorry to break that bad news.

When I did next to no damage to it, it was immediately obvious there was something more to it.

I think that boss fight would make more sense if they didn't include the other enemies in there. If it was empty then you would actually explore and look for other ways.
Seeing an enemy actually let me know that the area was more than just a boss room, so I'm not sure I agree removing them entirely would help.

Ogawa-san

Can I join
rosarias fingers now without pissing off sirris?
Yes, but
equipping the covenant item or offering a tongue will piss her off

When I did next to no damage to it, it was immediately obvious there was something more to it.
That did occur to the streamer too, that started looking for alternatives and ended up that way. But the last thing I'd realize without looking at the signs was that the solution was
doing a plunging attack from a fatal height to one-shot the boss

Dude drop a /red/ soapstone if you want cov items to drop.

Got 30 tongues in like 90 mins at high wall bonfire this way.

I tried the soap but never got summoned :(

I kept falling back on the red eye for something quicker but still took way too long to pay off. I already handed over 10 pale tongues, though my question is if the initial 5 count towards the ring or if she needs another ten after the fact.

She doesn't need to be alive, but the 5 you used for respec don't count as covenant offerings. Sorry to break that bad news.

gotcha. I'm just short of 3. Still need about 7 dregs, though ugggggh.

LiK

Seeing an enemy actually let me know that the area was more than just a boss room, so I'm not sure I agree removing them entirely would help.

There were just way too many. Didn't feel like a boss fight at all.

usp84

I've been using Carthus Curved Sword on my Sorc/Dex hybrid to great results. It's buffable, scales ok with Sharp infusion, and it's got great range and bleed capabilities. Most importantly, it's a curved sword that still retains the kick move for shields instead of that bullshit flip move.

Thanks i like it.

How do you allot your estus flasks.Are 5 blue enough?I have no idea really

Sullichin

Anyone else doing Level 1 run?

- Carthus Flame arc better than charcoal pine resin?
- Been using club and reinforced club (fire and raw), anything I should try instead?
- Worth getting/using ring for great chaos fireball with only 10/10 int/fth? I know it's awesome with proper investment
- Rings ??

Ostinatto

Maybe he's stockpiling seeds

After you get invaded, a seed should spawn by the Giant tree. Just hit X/A at the tree and it will tell you if one spawned. I believe its random if it spawns or not, just try after each time you get invaded.

Not really much to be specific about as far as I know. Just keep getting invaded and eventually a seed will drop.

And yes, I am stock piling them >:)

How many seeds do i need?

Undead Settlement
Where can I go for the nearest bonfire?
6MKqUdh.png
Go up the stairs behind you and drop off the cliff to the left, either at the top of the stairs (it can be done!) or run past the bomb throwers and drop down. The bonfire is in an alcove underneath you pretty much!

Pejo

Thanks i like it.

How do you allot your estus flasks.Are 5 blue enough?I have no idea really

Yea generally 4 is what I run with, but I do a lot of melee.

Basically I only use spells to either buff my sword for a tough enemy, or if there's a really tough fight I can shorten/avoid by range cheesing. I also never leave a bonfire without spook, it's been so useful to initiate fights with backstabs, sneak by things I don't want to fight, and never worry about fall damage. Some people swear by hidden body for even more sneakiness benefit, but I feel like 2 buffs every time I want to start a fight is just too much work.

laxu

Man, up to the first boss of Lothric Castle was probably the hardest level I've played in a souls game. The regular knights and
ice knight
were just tearing through me. Absolutely brutal. I'm not sure what happened to online while I was playing through though, I didn't get invaded once. I was embered and running with Way of Blue the entire time. Kinda let down by the boss,
Dragonslayer Armor
. I beat it on the first try with only half of my estus and an NPC summon for quest reasons.

Definitely called it a night early after that level though, I was drained. Well that and I was getting notified that the server was going down, and I needed to log out.

I had a lot harder time with
Archdragon Peak
since it has those hard hitting
giant dragon dudes
surrounded by the smaller mob ones.

With the knights, especially the frost ones, I just throw all the fireballs I have usually. I have absolutely no idea how to deal with the frost ones with just melee. They're fast as hell, hit really hard and have tons of HP.

zewone

Undead Settlement
Where can I go for the nearest bonfire?
6MKqUdh.png

Go down the steps and make a right.

Go along this path. You'll see a bridge on your left and a door on your right with a ladder. Ignore the bridge and go down the ladder path.

Get through the sewer and go up the ladder on the other end and you'll basically be a bonfire.

24hr

Go up the stairs behind you and drop off the cliff to the left, either at the top of the stairs (it can be done!) or run past the bomb throwers and drop down. The bonfire is in an alcove underneath you pretty much!

Not where the sewer rats are no?

Anyone else doing Level 1 run?

- Carthus Flame arc better than charcoal pine resin?
- Been using club and reinforced club (fire and raw), anything I should try instead?
- Worth getting/using ring for great chaos fireball with only 10/10 int/fth? I know it's awesome with proper investment
- Rings ??

I'm tempted to start one already as I feel the mobs would be a way bigger problem than the bosses. There's this guy Tolomeo (who sounds like a loser but plays really good) using
Anri's sword
and equipping the faith ringing for buffing the sword with fire. I think he also equips the Flynn and Lloyd rings.

Sullichin

I'm tempted to start one already as I feel the mobs would be a way bigger problem than the bosses. There's this guy Tolomeo (who sounds like a loser but plays really good) using
Anri's sword
and equipping the faith ringing for buffing the sword with fire. I think he also equips the Flynn and Lloyd rings.

Oh what the fuck it never occurred to me I could use that weapon at level 1. lol
Love my clubs though

AW was my first real hurdle. Some of the mobs can be tough but you can just run past everything if you want

Jude

Banned

I killed it the hard way too, hitting the head from the ground instead the legs wasnt that bad ( +300 dmg ) so... it was fun that way :)

Sullichin

One thing I don't get is why he still equips a shield if he's just rolling.

I have grass crest on my back for the hell of it just for the stamina regen (don't have the str to actually use it), but the regen sucks anyway. Don't know of any shield that would actually be worth using.

Demoskinos

Nah, I dunno I think the game communicates by the pitiful damage you do to it that this is a gimmick boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom