• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

I should do as much as I can before going to NG+ right? Like covenant farming and getting as many spells and all the rings? I don't want to go to NG+ if there are things I can do for the plat. At the same time I want to start NG+ already, gets a bit boring not having much to work through. Co-op is fun but getting kinda tired. I got the 30 sun medals I believe I don't need more of those. All covenants need 30 to get their rewards/trophy right?

What's the trick to the room with like 10 jailers in Irithyll Dungeon?

Hidden Body + Spook/slumbering dragoncrest ring. Lure one out, usually the last in the line to the doorway where the rats/mimics came from. He'll forget you once you go through the cave. Then sneak up on him and backstab him. Rinse/repeat. Or at least that's how I did it with my pure sorc mage. Slow and steady.

Seyavesh

ignore all these guys telling you to play it safe, that's for people who like being alive

it's time to go full ham and rush the door to the right facing the pillar when you enter that room to unleash the redeye monster in there on that crowd

-SG

I typically will use throwing knives or a bow to lure one or two of them out of sight of the others. Take these guys out then repeat until you are comfortable that you can take on the rest out in the open.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well it'll do that if you're in one of the covenants that auto summons you, examples: Watchdogs of Farron or Blue Sentinels.

oh ok, i'm in
road of sacrifice
and just got the blue sentinels, i guess that's it, haven't been summoned yet though :(

Nephtes

Finally beat Dark Souls 3.

Postmortem:
Shortest Dark Souls yet. I think it took me around 50 hours to beat, but compared to the first and second game, the quality of each zone is really great.
Unlike DS2, you can tell each zone was lovingly crafted. Nothing felt like it was there to be filler content. At the end of this game I was like "I want more!" At the end of Dark Souls 2 I was like "Please God is this game over yet?" So I feel DS3 got the play time just right.
With one exception... There is an optional area that I feel is really fucking lazy on the devs part:
Dark Firelink.

Anyway... Am I willing to call this the best Dark Souls?
I'm considering it. Sure it's not as interconnected as DS1, but I felt it was consistently good... And didn't ask me to do any bullshit approaching the annoyance of Crystal Caves or Blighttown...

I still haven't beaten
The Nameless King
, I got tired of attempting and decided to just go to the last boss... Who was cakewalk by compare.

Seriously I just walked over and slapped him till he gave me my ending.

Ballsy move on From Software's part by the way...
putting the last boss on the box art
... Talk about spoiling your own game...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Which one is better? Heavy Dark Sword, or Refined Dark Sword?

Depends on your stats. If your maxing Strength and not putting much in Dexterity, go Heavy (as that buffs damage with increased strength).

If you're doing a quality build and keeping strength and dexterity roughly equal, go with Refined (as that buffs damage with both).

Personally, I think the latter is better as you can use a wider variety of weapons, and a +10 refined dark sword absolutely shreds, especially when you have strength and dexterity at 35+ each.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
What's so great about the dark sword? Strength scaling? Is the heavy attack frequently used? I'm trying it out +10 and it's.. okay?

Infusing it with a Refined Gem gives it a B scaling for both Strength and Dexterity.
If you have both stats around 40 it does massive amounts of damage.

Sarcasm

Don't yea like just wondering around and you somehow end up in a boss room? I forget sometimes no fog gates.

Crystal Sage. Died to the 2nd phase (if you call it that). Got it on the second go with NPC summon =D

With NPC friendly summon if they die, it is perma right?

dude

dude
Soooo a noob question: I was summoned a couple of times as a Blue Sentinel but I a lot of the time I can't seem to find the host or the Invader. I'm just running around until one of them dies... Is there an easy way to find the Host?
It's not an issue when the area I'm summoned to is small, but other times I have no idea where I should go.

Sykotik

Took me roughly 10 hours to get 30 Kept Concord yesterday.

Either I'm waiting 30 minutes to get summoned, failing to get summoned, getting summoned and then disconnected, getting summoned to the final area where the just enemy disappears and I don't get rewarded, getting summoned to find the host already killed the enemy and I don't get rewarded.

That's not even counting the summons where I get killed.

Never doing that again.

myco666

Soooo a noob question: I was summoned a couple of times as a Blue Sentinel but I a lot of the time I can't seem to find the host or the Invader. I'm just running around until one of them dies... Is there an easy way to find the Host?
It's not an issue when the area I'm summoned to is small, but other times I have no idea where I should go.

Go check the if the nearest shortcut is open. That should inform you how much the host has cleared the area and you should start running through that shortcut. Also if the host is fighting the invader you can see the health bars appear in the exact location they are in. Then you just make a run for it and hope the host stays alive until you arrive there.

Dragonslayer greataxe is the best AR in my case ( 50str and 35dex ), 800AR at level 75, it has some lightning dmg on it tho.

What kind of stats/infusion would you recommend for it? im only like level 50 or so. Mostly strength I think i havwe like 30 stregnth and like 18 Dexterity

KHlover

Banned
Farming final baws is great. Piss easy fight as a phantom and with Silver Serpent Ring + Shield of Want + Symbol of Avarice you get a cool 100k souls per fight.

It's also more fun than fighting those winged knights, even though they're faster and more reliable.

What kind of stats/infusion would you recommend for it? im only like level 50 or so. Mostly strength I think i havwe like 30 stregnth and like 18 Dexterity

Don't think you can infuse the Dragonslayer Greataxe since it already is infused with Lightning.

_Legacy_

Not too bad since I leveled up a lot but the bosses do have a significant life increase especially with summons and they do still hit pretty hard. They also use slightly varied attacks that I didn't see in NG and are more aggressive. The final boss in particular took way longer to kill than I expected.

Thanks, maybe NG++ is where the real challenge is at.

SDR-UK

Either I'm waiting 30 minutes to get summoned, failing to get summoned, getting summoned and then disconnected, getting summoned to the final area where the just enemy disappears and I don't get rewarded, getting summoned to find the host already killed the enemy and I don't get rewarded.

Never doing that again.

I would take this all day if it meant I could stop killing these silver Knights for a drop that happens every 100 or so kills.

LiK

I would take this all day if it meant I could stop killing these silver Knights for a drop that happens every 100 or so kills.

I basically farmed as long as I had something to watch while I did it. Was watching ENB and AGS videos and when they were over, I took a break. But it still took me 7-8 hours to get 30 Concords.

krakov

You wanna know about a covenant that doesn't work? Gravelords... broken as all hell. I wish we had version of it that worked in this game.

It works and has always worked as intended, in ng+ and beyond. Not very fun for the gravelord player though.

Sarcasm

Don't yea like just wondering around and you somehow end up in a boss room? I forget sometimes no fog gates.

Crystal Sage. Died to the 2nd phase (if you call it that). Got it on the second go with NPC summon =D

With NPC friendly summon if they die, it is perma right?

Also somehow I was never told I was invaded by a dark spirit....I went to boss and this time there was a fog gate which I thought was because I died. Enter and then a message pops up saying Dark Spirit Gianduiotto has returned home. So what gives?

Jude

Banned

You cant infused it, only can be raised up to +5, about stats it scales with faith too so its an option there instead of dex, keep raising up str till 40 atleast, it hits like a truck and with the special skill you can throw bolts from your ass so what else can you need? :p

btw it do not look as cool as other weapones but thats more a personal taste than anything, here is a shot of the axe:

26617044301_eb46d93769_o.jpg

its a bit raw

zewone

Were there any major changes after the patch that wasn't included in the notes?

I didn't get to play last night due to Nioh alpha sucking up all my time. (By the way, any PS4 owner that is a Souls fan should definitely try that out. It's awesome.)

Never doing that again.

Holy shit. I'm wondering if I even want to do that :/

Last night I had the covenant equipped and kept invading just to get pale tongues, not knowing that this covenant was all about being summoned for help. Didn't get summoned once during the 2-3 hour session.

Even invading can take a while, and 8/10 times I'm outnumbered and can't do shit. When I'm lucky to get 1-on-1 encounters, I manage to fuck up BAD for not following up on a parry or never being able to punish the motherfuckers who chug on estus.
One of the things I hate so much is that summoning someone for pvp from a red mark doesn't yield a pale tongue or dreg to the host. All of these covenant items are BS, to be honest.

BTW, I handed the initial 5 pale tongues to
Rosaria
for the respec and then handed over about seven after last night's pvp. I didn't get the ring, although she is dead. Does she need to be alive for me to get the ring?

yatesl

Finished it.

Linked the first flame
like a pansy. I tried
walking out but nothing happened - if I walked back to the first bonfire that probably would have done a different ending
?

Anyway, looking at the achievement list I've missed
Watchdogs of Farron
covenant,
Rosaria's Fingers
covenant,
Oceiros, the Consumed King
boss,
Untended Graves
boss(?),
Champion Gundyr
boss,
Archdragon Peak
area,
Ancient Wyvern
boss,
The Nameless King
boss and
Blade of the Darkmoon
covenant.

Plenty to do before NG+ it seems, all before my favourite part of going on a murder spree.

I know at least 2 areas - one that had notes saying to do an emote but I couldn't find the right one, and another one had a lake of toxic that I just nope'd out of.

Pejo

Man, up to the first boss of Lothric Castle was probably the hardest level I've played in a souls game. The regular knights and
ice knight
were just tearing through me. Absolutely brutal. I'm not sure what happened to online while I was playing through though, I didn't get invaded once. I was embered and running with Way of Blue the entire time. Kinda let down by the boss,
Dragonslayer Armor
. I beat it on the first try with only half of my estus and an NPC summon for quest reasons.

Definitely called it a night early after that level though, I was drained. Well that and I was getting notified that the server was going down, and I needed to log out.

praff

The 1.04 version will include the following changes:
• Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.

So does this mean item drops will be available when summoned? What about regularly placed items in the game, will those be available for pickup if I'm summoned to another player's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom