• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have grass crest on my back for the hell of it just for the stamina regen (don't have the str to actually use it), but the regen sucks anyway. Don't know of any shield that would actually be worth using.
You don't get the buff of a shield if you don't have the strength to use it.

Oh man, had some fun doing PvP at the usually place. Like 4 phantoms and the host just watching two people duel and taking turns. One guy dies the winner stays the challenger goes forth. Nice little gauntlet.

Sullichin

I don't get this. Do invaders even have anything to lose if they die? Don't they just go back to where they were with everything as before just like in co-op?

Nah, in this game you lose your souls and the bloodstain will be where you died in the host's world. So if it was in a bad spot in your world it can be tricky to get back to.

A pretty interesting change, I like it. MIGHT make you think about luring a host into a dangerous area.

BeeDog

Hit a brick wall with the
Aldrich
boss, welp. Can someone provide a hint on how to beat this asshole? He does insane amounts of damage; one hit and half my life bar is drained, and the one-hit-kill
arrow barrage
destroys me.

Dimmle

Aldrich
boss, welp. Can someone provide a hint on how to beat this asshole? He does insane amounts of damage; one hit and half my life bar is drained, and the one-hit-kill
arrow barrage
destroys me.

You can dodge his flurry of purple homing missiles by just walking to the right or left. After you get through those missiles, rush him and only retreat if you see him raising his bow to the sky. After midway through, his arrow stream will last significantly longer and pursue you. Try running from the arrows while circling back around to him so that you can get in some hits as soon as the arrows relent.

Whenever he does a Great Soul Arrow, there will be another.

Aldrich
arrow barrage
destroys me.

He gave me some problems at first as well, once you get his pattern down though he's pretty simple. Just did NG+ and got him in one try.

Whenever he puts his spear in the air to charge, get ready to roll to one side to dodge the magic spear. He always does 2. The flying little purple balls magic attack is pretty easy to dodge, just start rolling when they start to converge. As far as the arrows as soon as he pulls out his bow start to run in a straightish line to avoid them. If you stay close to him (assuming you're meele) his meele attacks are easy to dodge and he tends to stand still for a fairly long time so you can get some good damage in. Be aware at the halfway point his meele attacks leave fire trails on the ground that will damage you though.

Good luck!

Meccs

Nah, in this game you lose your souls and the bloodstain will be where you died in the host's world. So if it was in a bad spot in your world it can be tricky to get back to.

A pretty interesting change, I like it. MIGHT make you think about luring a host into a dangerous area.

Except no one is invading with a lot of souls. If I invade I don't care for the few souls I have on me.

Aldrich
arrow barrage
destroys me.

Few things that helped me as a Knight fighting him

-Run at him at the start and swing away, stay close to avoid the arrow spell from starting
-When he disappears go to the middle and wait to see where he appears and run up and repeat (usually appears on the opposite side of where he was before)
-When he puts his arms up to disappear watch out for AOE
-When he looks like he is about to arrow you to death either run and dodge for you life or circle to the sides of him, that usually did the trick and I would avoid a death.

Aldrich
arrow barrage
destroys me.

The arrow spell is pretty heavily telegraphed just keep backing away and rotating around to avoid it. Also Vow of Silence prevents the boss from casting spells, so that might be helpful.

Sullichin

Except no one is invading with a lot of souls. If I invade I don't care for the few souls I have on me.

That's not true for me. If I wasn't going to level any more for an area I wanted to invade in I could have a lot of souls on me. But yeah I don't really care about the souls that much. There was one time where I made a suicide run to my bloodstain in this situation though.

GulAtiCa

Yep. When I invade, I only do so if it's low and I don't need it.

I also think it's only for those that use the red eye orbs. I believe if I were to be summoned, like for the Aldrich Faithful, I never lost my souls if I died.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

I don't like this change at all. It's dumb and doesn't make much sense. Plus it's unfair to red orb invaders as invaders from other covenants are not affected.

Meccs

Yep. When I invade, I only do so if it's low and I don't need it.

I also think it's only for those that use the red eye orbs. I believe if I were to be summoned, like for the Aldrich Faithful, I never lost my souls if I died.

Yes exactly, why would you risk a corpse run? I'm not saying people don't do that, but imho it is silly to invade with a lot of souls. There is no reason for that except if you don't care losing them or you're silly.

Citadel

I wanna start a third character primarily using magic with maybe a little bit of sword play... What's a good starter class for that? Sorcerer vs Cleric? Or even Pyromancer.. I'm not too sure what the differences between Miracles and just.. spells(?) are, so I'll have to look that up.

But yeah, I want to try a mostly Faith/Luck build

onionfrog

Anyone else doing Level 1 run?

- Been using club and reinforced club (fire and raw), anything I should try instead?
- Rings ??
-Raw Broadsword is working pretty well for me so far. But I'm only at the
road of sacrifices.
-Lloyds sword ring and shield ring are supposed to be really good for SL1.

I'm guessing late game bosses ate going to be a huge pain with such little stamina and HP.

z1ggy

Trying to beat the
Princes
with
Orbeck and Sirris
is getting frustrating.

I did beat it solo doing this basically: Dodge, one hit, dodge again and one hit again, and so on. Once he gets his bro just wait untill the magic attack is over and repeat what i said before.

Camera can be a pain in the ass in this fight so keep moving it around.

Blinck

Quick question:

The lady in the chair near the second boss, all the messages say that I should kill her to access the stairs. If I do, will I miss out on any content/event or lore? Or is she like Willem from BB that is there just for the killing?
I'm already in the moon city (forgot the name), and I'm constantly coming back to the old lady to see if she says something different whenever I kill a boss but nope :\
Please avoid any spoilers in the answer!!

Menome

Twenty attempts so far today on the final boss. Thankfully the Irithyll Rapier seems to be fairly effective, keeps staggering them relatively consistently.

I can consistently beat the first phase, but as soon as they enter the second, it all goes downhill. The gaps for opportunity attacks seem a bit too small to dash in with a shorter precision weapon like a rapier.

Plus, considering how they fight in that second phase, not being able to parry them feels like a slap in the face.

z1ggy

Quick question:

The lady in the chair near the second boss, all the messages say that I should kill her to access the stairs. If I do, will I miss out on any content/event or lore? Or is she like Willem from BB that is there just for the killing?
I'm already in the moon city (forgot the name), and I'm constantly coming back to the old lady to see if she says something different whenever I kill a boss but nope :\
Please avoid any spoilers in the answer!!

In the first run i would avoid killing her. Do it in the NG+...and you will understand why then

Sullichin

-Raw Broadsword is working pretty well for me so far. But I'm only at the
road of sacrifices.
-Lloyds sword ring and shield ring are supposed to be really good for SL1.

I'm guessing late game bosses ate going to be a huge pain with such little stamina and HP.

Using the sword ring. Shield ring is a good idea.

Probably add Anri's straightsword or broadsword, but reinforced club is getting shit done

Roshin

Quick question.

What do I put in the
birds nest on the roof of Firelink Shrine? Being optimistic, I dropped some rubbish there,
but they didn't want that. :D

Sullichin

Quick question.

What do I put in the
birds nest on the roof of Firelink Shrine? Being optimistic, I dropped some rubbish there,

The wikis have a list of items you can trade.

You don't need to save/reload this time. You can just immediately pick up an item after dropping it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Quick question.

What do I put in the

If you don't want to spoil yourself completely on the wiki, here's a hint:

The old King of Dorchester,
He had a little orchestra,
And never did you hear such a ceremonial band.
‘Pickle-pee,’ said the fife,
‘Pump-a-rum.’ said the drum,
‘Tootle-too,’ said the flute,
‘Deed-a-reedle,’ said the fiddle,
For the fiddles and the flutes were the finest in the land.

-SG

Finally got summoned as a Blue Sentinel. I was just in time to watch the host get butchered and then I was sent back on my merry way.

Not where the sewer rats are no?
No, thats to get a shortcut back to the bonfire on the dilapidated bridge, theres another bonfire pretty much right underneath where you're standing in that screenshot :) if you go to the top of the stairs behind you, right behind big scary cage soup man, to your left you can jump/drop down to a plateau with a tree right on the edge - thats the safest way to get to it. If you still need help I can get a screenshot for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom