• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

What the fuck is happening with the online in this game? I'm not banned, no message, can't use the circlet yet somehow my main Steam account cannot make any connections, yet as soon as I load that exact same character onto a family share account it works perfectly.

It happens periodically, sometimes my main account works fine for hours then suddenly I'm unable to connect to anyone for hours again. But my other account always works perfectly.

Fix your shit "A" team.

I'm pretty convinced that their online team probably isn't sure what's going on either - or at least isn't telling anyone what's actually going on.

I still have the theory that people got soft banned by accident or the soft ban from DKS2 carried over or something shitty. That it's not a technical issue basically.
FYI: You can play the pirated version online, you just play with all those pirates and soft banned people instead. My theory is that people that don't get summoned as a blue and see less summoning signs are in that group for some reason. This cracked version allows everything except invasions with the red orb. That would also explain why I for example almost never get invaded since that group then gets even smaller and just lets the people that have a legal copy but are soft banned invade.
It's just a theory though. I might have to test this out.

Why the actual bloody hell it seems like *every* *single* *weapon* in this game is C D or D D split between Strength/Dex even though they seem like they *should* be Strength only. Stuff like Zweihander or various other large big swords or even battle axes.

What is the weapon a guy that want only Strength has to pick? This is getting kinda annoying.

Leezard

Why the actual bloody hell it seems like *every* *single* *weapon* in this game is C D or D D split between Strength/Dex even though they seem like they *should* be Strength only. Stuff like Zweihander or various other large big swords or even battle axes.

What is the weapon a guy that want only Strength has to pick? This is getting kinda annoying.
Blunt weapons like clubs or some specific weapons like Great Machete and Butcher Knife.

Meccs

What the fuck is happening with the online in this game? I'm not banned, no message, can't use the circlet yet somehow my main Steam account cannot make any connections, yet as soon as I load that exact same character onto a family share account it works perfectly.

It happens periodically, sometimes my main account works fine for hours then suddenly I'm unable to connect to anyone for hours again. But my other account always works perfectly.

Fix your shit "A" team.
Try setting you password to RVT on your account that doesn't see any signs. Does it change anything? (just to test my theory about some accounts being black listed)
I don't see any summoning signs either btw.

Blunt weapons like clubs or some specific weapons like Great Machete and Butcher Knife.

It seems like it's really extremely limited :/

Even worse, it seems like vast majority of the weapons, well the ones I managed to find anyways--quite plenty of them, are slanted more towards Dexterity :/

Leezard

It seems like it's really extremely limited :/

Even worse, it seems like vast majority of the weapons, well the ones I managed to find anyways--quite plenty of them, are slanted more towards Dexterity :/

Yeah, it is like that.

Some weapons scale really well with Strength if you infuse them with Heavy; Dark sword gets an A scaling with strength. It really depends on the weapon though.

Echoplx

Try setting you password to RVT on your account that doesn't see any signs. Does it change anything? (just to test my theory about some accounts being black listed)
I don't see any summoning signs either btw.

No change. If I was banned why can't I use the circlet to restore the link?

Yeah, it is like that.

Some weapons scale really well with Strength if you infuse them with Heavy; Dark sword gets an A scaling with strength. It really depends on the weapon though.

Yeah I already got the Dark Sword, but even though everyone and their mothers apparently hailed it as one of the best, if not *the* best weapon in the game, it just doesn't have the *feel* of a Strength weapon, you know? The big THWOMP BUMP BASH thing, only Swish Swish Swish.

Maybe I should just use the Great Axe in the meanwhile before I (hopefully.. please, game!) find something THWOMP-ing that *actually* scales with Strength.

Meccs

Ok, I tested this now myself after reading a while in some "Game Pirates Forums". Full disclosure: I never did pirate any of the Souls games.

After reading about save scumming and people getting soft banned (can only play with other soft banned people online) when DKS2 came out I tried to make a connection to the problem of not getting summoned as a Blue Sentinel and less invasions etc. It's a bit of a wonky theory but worth to pursuing.

So it turns out pirates can play online, they just can't do invasions since the game tries to connect to legal copies and then the connection fails. They prevent this issue with passwords. The password is RVT. I currently, since the patch from yesterday, can't see any summoning signs (as other people have reported) but lo and behold if I set my password to RVT... summoning signs all over!

Make of it what you will. If you have issues, test it out. I fully expect this to get buried quickly as fast as this thread moves. But it works. I have a legal copy and I haven't done anything, not even save scumming. I'm not sure what is going on.

No change. If I was banned why can't I use the circlet to restore the link?
Where did you test this? I totally see a change if I use the password RVT (all caps).

Meccs

Right outside the
pontiff
bonfire, where there are always heaps of signs.
Well I tested it at the High Wall Of Lothric and it worked. Might wanna test it there too just to make sure.

Just the fact that I see those scumbag pirate signs too when I use the password annoys the fck out of me.

I still have the theory that people got soft banned by accident or the soft ban from DKS2 carried over or something shitty. That it's not a technical issue basically.

Doubt that, they can ban you for the game you hacked/modified or whatever, but not for lifetime and all future games...

And im softbanned for DS2 (got invaded by a hacker) and playing fine in DS3...

Echoplx

Well I tested it at the High Wall Of Lothric and it worked. Might wanna test it there too just to make sure.

Just the fact that I see those scumbag pirate signs too when I use the password annoys the fck out of me.

Still nothing, no matter where I try.

robin2

what's the deal with heavy weapons?
i wanted to rock a big ass piece of metal, but they feel so underwhelming. one problem is that with the a "small sword" i can hit 3 times in a row, against 1 of the "big sword", so the final damage output is noticeably higher for the small sword. also, with the combat being faster and enemies being more aggressive, the slowness of the big sword makes it way more risky.
if you sum these two things it makes really hard to go for the big sword (and in fact i'm not).

in DS1 i used the man-serpent sword, it was relatively fast and smashed everything into the ground. the heavy weapons i tried in DS3 feel so incredibly "meh" in comparison...

am i missing something vital?

Ferr986

I'll probably be called crazy for saying this but I actually miss Chalice dungeons.
Yup, doing the mandatory ones sucked but soloing co-op'ing root Depth 5 runs was fun as hell and gave a lot of variables to play.

Right now it's just coop bosses because if you want to coop a full area you'll get black crystal'ed when the host feels like it. If only small soapstones were back :(

myco666

whats the consensus on the best strength weapons? I've been using
yohrms great machate
and it seems like it might be the best

That is pretty good. I also use Heavy Great Axe, FUGS and LGS a lot.

what's the deal with heavy weapons?
i wanted to rock a big ass piece of metal, but they feel so underwhelming. one problem is that with the a "small sword" i can hit 3 times in a row, against 1 of the "big sword", so the final damage output is noticeably higher for the small sword. also, with the combat being faster and enemies being more aggressive, the slowness of the big sword makes it way more risky.
if you sum these two things it makes really hard to go for the big sword (and in fact i'm not).

in DS1 i used the man-serpent sword, it was relatively fast and smashed everything into the ground. the heavy weapons i tried in DS3 feel so incredibly "meh" in comparison...

am i missing something vital?

Nope they are just not as good now. Faster weapons are just so much better in this game.

MilkBeard

I'll probably be called crazy for saying this but I actually miss Chalice dungeons.
Yup, doing the mandatory ones sucked but soloing co-op'ing root Depth 5 runs was fun as hell and gave a lot of variables to play.

Right now it's just coop bosses because if you want to coop a full area you'll get black crystal'ed when the host feels like it. If only small soapstones were back :(

Chalice dungeons became a lot more fun when they loosened the co op restrictions.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I didn't have PS Plus so I have played the game up until Lothric Castle in offline mode, decided to pay for it as I am interested in next months games, so finally tried the game in online mode.

Fuck me I had no idea what I was missing, I summoned someone to help me with the Lothric Castle bossfight and had such a good time that I have spent all day helping others with bosses. Loved the game beforehand but was only getting half of the experience.

Can I leave a summon sign on the ground and move to another area? Lets say I want to leave a sign at Aldrich but continue my game in the archives, is that possible?

I didn't have PS Plus so I have played the game up until Lothric Castle in offline mode, decided to pay for it as I am interested in next months games, so finally tried the game ib online mode.

Fuck me I had no idea what I was missing, I summoned someone to help me with the Lothric Castle bossfight and had such a good time that I have spent all day helping others with bosses. Loved the game beforehand but was only getting half of the experience.

Can I leave a summon sign on the ground and move to another area? Lets say I want to leave a sign at Aldrich but continue my game in the archives, is that possible?
no. Your sign will disappear when you enter a different area.

NEO0MJ

Man, the failure rate against the
Nameless King
is so high whenever I support anyone. His style allows him to take on multiple players pretty well in comparison to other bosses, at least when the players are uncoordinated.

24hr

Most time now when I ember up and I summon someone, there always seems to be a purple phantom. Is this the PVP aspect of the game? If so, what do they benefit from killing you, apart from just slowing down your game?

Sanctuary

I dont know where you're at in the game but get your troll on real hard in like the
Grand Archives
vs gank sqauds. its fun as hell.

Especially while invisible. I respecced just to try out the Fume with backstabs...
I don't actually like the weapon at all, but 998 backstabs sure are nice. Going to try out the BKGA next though, since the moveset isn't ass and it doesn't weigh quite as much.

LMFAO. I was actually going to upgrade one of the big bows for this kind of shit too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyPuUlnlqbo

Ogawa-san

I somehow managed to miss
Smough's Great
Hammer in three playthroughs, only found out while watching someone's stream. Upgraded it to +5 and, of course, it doesn't seem worth it damage-wise at 45 STR.

I don't know what I expected.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It makes me sad that the Moonlight Greatsword is kind of bad.

Bring back Demon's Souls' MLGS. Make Moonlight great again! It should just be raw magic damage, fuckin.... A Int scaling or whatever, and weigh nothing. Goddamn that thing was badass in Demon's Souls. It IGNORED shields!

I always make an MLGS build in these games. Did it in Demon's, in Dark 1 and 2, but have yet to do it here because it's bad (will probably do one in Bloodborne whenever I replay it)

Ferr986

Bring back Demon's Souls' MLGS. Make Moonlight great again! It should just be raw magic damage, fuckin.... A Int scaling or whatever, and weigh nothing. Goddamn that thing was badass in Demon's Souls. It IGNORED shields!

I always make an MLGS build in these games. Did it in Demon's, in Dark 1 and 2, but have yet to do it here because it's bad (will probably do one in Bloodborne whenever I replay it)

BB MLGS is awesome if you build the character around it. Only problem is that it needs to bump more stats because each attack does different kind of damage.

Meccs

So when I clear a boss I can't get invaded anymore in that zone? But the Dried Finger allows me to still get invaded in that area which is kinda cool.

Styles

I love BB's version of MLG so much

aq5nj57_700b.jpg

Knuf

So, I need an advice, but as less as spoilery possible, thanks: it's my first run and I'm going blind on everything.
Got to the
General Archives
but found a closed door, so I guess I need to find a key somewhere first. Now I have 3 paths to choose from:
Anor Londo
, something that feels like
Irithyll Catacombs
and
Consumed King's Garden
; which one should I better start with?

598. But by the time you land one attack, you could've landed two with a 400 katana or sword.

I'd say it probably has some use against something susceptible to poise, but for most bosses... nope.

Yeah, i'm 40 STR/20 DEX and my
Black Knight Greataxe
has 625 AR

Also, is there a reason why the
Fume UGS
does lower damage than other strength weapons but has such a high requirement? I'd expect to get alot more from 50 STR

Lastly, what's considered spoilers here? Tried to look for them in the OP but didn't find anything

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Accidentally entered a boss fight because I thought I was summoned to someone elses world and beat it with four estus. Feelsgood.jpg
Oceiros, the consumed king. The chat he gives makes me sad, poor bloke
I wish more bosses would talk, the majority I've faced so far are human and I don't recall any of them speaking. Doesn't have to be much, just a couple of lines

Footos22

Accidentally entered a boss fight because I thought I was summoned to someone elses world and beat it with four estus. Feelsgood.jpg
I wish more bosses would talk, the majority I've faced so far are human and I don't recall any of them speaking. Doesn't have to be much, just a couple of lines

Yeah I beat him first time last night too. Hes the easiest boss outside deacons so far, coming off dancer which kicked my ass was quite nice though.

smallest area in the game too I think.
like 2 rooms.

MilkBeard

The few bosses that talk in DS3 and Bloodborne add so much to the fights. I wouldn't want all of them to talk, but the ones that do have great characterization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom