• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is that giant ass crossbow

Sniper Crossbow. Two handed first person aim, and it zooms in a little. Handy long distance aggro drawer for Strength builds.

Is that the zwelithingy sword? How is it? Keep meaning to buy it and forgetting.

Zweihander. It's a slow ass weapon, but the power of it, and the moveset it has is great fun. A good mix of sideways swings, forward lunges, and a fun as hell weapon art which if connects, launches your target 6 feet up in the air before crashing down on their arse. At 45 STR the weapon's doing rough 491 damage when infused with a Heavy Gem. Gives it an A scaling in strength.

122,526 souls from just a night of co op boss battles.

Wait until you get to about Lv120 and above! You'll start getting summoned into NG++ games and up, even if you're still on your first playthrough. One playthrough of the area starting from the Pontif Sulhvayn Bonfire, all the way to the next bonfire bagged me about 200,000 souls with about 4 invaders along the way.

zma1013

Well it wasn't pretty and I got wrecked pretty hard, but I beat the last boss with no flasks left. I feel like I merely survived the onslaught rather than actually beat it. I guess I'll have to go at it again at some point and see if I can whip its ass proper.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
122,526 souls from just a night of co op boss battles.

With the Shield of Want, Silver serpent ring and the symbol of avarice equipped you get 25k souls for killing one of the three winged knights in the grand archives. Killing all three takes me 2 minutes max. so that's around 375,000 souls every 10 minutes!

For everyone who's looking to make some quick and easy cash.

MUnited83

For you.
He's super easy. When you hear his scream before he does the fire attack, immediately turn around and run in the opposite direction. Don't try to dodge it.
He sure did forget to scream when I finished a swing and he decided to fly up and start his aoe fire attack in a single second, not leaving me any space to run or dodge whatsoever lol. Its such a terrible fuckin fight. And if you want to get some hits in you will have to Battle against the terrible goddamn camera.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just never stood under him. Just play safe and wait for the head to reach the ground.

Manu

He sure did forget to scream when I finished a swing and he decided to fly up and start his aoe fire attack in a single second, not leaving me any space to run or dodge whatsoever lol. Its such a terrible fuckin fight. And if you want to get some hits in you will have to Battle against the terrible goddamn camera.

The AOE fire has like two seconds of startup. You need to learn to identify it better.

It's an easy fight, seriously.

Figments

So where are some good spots for
Darkmoon Covenant invasion assists
? I'm trying to rank up in the faction but it's super fucking dumb how unobvious it all is.

MUnited83

For you.
Don't lock on, learn to guide your attacks with the control stick and every big boss becomes a joke. Phase 1 of that boss can be over in about 2 minutes, it's a joke.
I didn't lock on. Which is why jm saying its terrible. The other bosses in the series that have problems with the camera can be solved by not using lock on. This is not the case here. If I get close enough to get some hits, I dont be able to properly see the king winding up his sword swings . and then if he decided to move a couple steps to the camera's direction, good luck seeing anything while the dragon is obstructing the whole view lol
The AOE fire has like two seconds of startup. You need to learn to identify it better.

It's an easy fight, seriously.
I literally started running the very moment it took flight, wasn't enough.

Sanctuary

King of the Storm has to be one of the shittiest bosses in the series holy fucking shit.

I actually feel that way about Aldrich. Such a randomly spamtastic fight. Sometimes he just kind of undulates, only casting his Soul Mass like magic, then other times he's chain casting his arrow hail and back to back Soul Spear spamming until you die. It's absolutely stupid, and the camera doesn't help either.

I also feel like this is one fight where specialization > hybrid builds. I utterly destroyed him on my very first attempt in my first playthrough, and since I knew what easily worked on him, I used it every playthrough after. Then I decided to play a "pure" melee class, and I died twice, but he wasn't too terribly difficult.

However, on my latest playthrough I literally died 19 times, and it wasn't due to ignorance of the fight.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

It is a terrible fight. What a disappointment considering how cool the boss design and arena is. Second phase is great though.

I just never stood under him. Just play safe and wait for the head to reach the ground.

The punishment for standing under him should be an AOE attack or a foot stomp. Not the camera. That is a design flaw.

Sanctuary

Well I just learned something cheesy as hell.
Mimics won't even wake up
if you have Hidden Body on, no matter how much you attack.

I didn't lock on. Which is why jm saying its terrible. The other bosses in the series that have problems with the camera can be solved by not using lock on. This is not the case here. If I get close enough to get some hits, I dont be able to properly see the king winding up his sword swings . and then if he decided to move a couple steps to the camera's direction, good luck seeing anything while the dragon is obstructing the whole view lol

If you see the boss leave the ground just assume it going to do the fire attack. Operating under that assumption you should always have plenty of time to run.

neoism

KREYGASM..

omg im soooo happy that fingers covenant lets you alter your apperaance.

also seriously is there a better leveling souls getting spot other than the fat bastards on the roof...

Haly

The punishment for standing under him should be an AOE attack or a foot stomp. Not the camera. That is a design flaw.

It is an AoE attack...

If you're asking for the camera to dynamically pan back and give you a xray view of yourself standing under a giant enemy so you can clearly see what's happening, well, I understand where you're coming from but Souls has never, ever worked like this and no indication was ever given that it's something From considers an issue.

Which is to say that camera management is tacitly a mechanical challenge meant to be overcome, like rolling or parries. If you've seen high level PVP, it's the same thing there. You can lock on a target and throw your skills/items and hope the other guy just stands there, or you can manually aim it with precise camera work.

Manu

I'd post my video of the fight but it's on Facebook since my PS4 wouldn't allow me to post it on Youtube. But seriously, I didn't get hit by it once. And about the attacks, you can get close enough to the dragon and keep NK on your field of view. Just stay in front of the dragon's face, you only want to hit the face anyway, don't lock on. That's all. If you can't keep track of what NK is doing, then you're too close.

EDIT: You should be able to see my video here.

Dimmle

Alright, I've been really fortunate to get tons of Blue Sentinel summons. I have 10 extra Proof of Concords Kept to give away! First come, first serve. If you're in need and on PC, quote me!

web01

King of the storm is piss weak to electricity. Can kill him in barely any hits and he staggers for critical attack very easy.
Always attack the head and never go underneath it as there is no reason to. If it does ground attack fire breath you get a ton of free hits.
Just run through it with shield up and hit away from side.
Also not many great lightning / about 5 sunlight spears kill it on a faith build.
NK phase is much harder. Rarely even see the air fire blast attack.

I'm at the A
rchives
and I'm not really liking their idea of late-game challenge. Recycling enemies from earlier areas and only beefing their stats (300+ DMG per hit?) is getting boring. There's like one new enemy in the whole area?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
It is an AoE attack...

If you're asking for the camera to dynamically pan back and give you a xray view of yourself standing under a giant enemy so you can clearly see what's happening, well, I understand where you're coming from but Souls has never, ever worked like this and no indication was ever given that it's something From considers an issue.

Which is to say that camera management is tacitly a mechanical challenge meant to be overcome, like rolling or parries. If you've seen high level PVP, it's the same thing there. You can lock on a target and throw your skills/items and hope the other guy just stands there, or you can manually aim it with precise camera work.

What I am asking for is the ability to move the camera up to see where he is in the sky when he does that move. There has been no souls boss with this bad of a camera problem. That kind of camera management is not tactical but a design flaw. Which is why even in the difficulty thread for Dark Souls 3 bosses you see a lot of posts citing camera as the problem for this boss. This has never been such a problem in any souls boss either in Dark Souls 3 or in the other series. There have been issues before like Cleric Beast which can be avoided by not locking on but in this fight it is more tedious.

GulAtiCa

Getting the Mound Maker cov items seems to be pretty easy so far. Only a few people that summon me try to fight me. And the rest I help them out a bit, until I feel like killing them. Bit of a dick move, but hey. Maybe they should keep their guard up. lol

Haly

EDIT: Nevermind I don't know why I cared in the first place.

web01

What I am asking for is the ability to move the camera up to see where he is in the sky when he does that move. There has been no souls boss with this bad of a camera problem. That kind of camera management is not tactical but a design flaw. Which is why even in the difficulty thread for Dark Souls 3 bosses you see a lot of posts citing camera as the problem for this boss. This has never been such a problem in any souls boss either in Dark Souls 3 or in the other series. There have been issues before like Cleric Beast which can be avoided by not locking on but in this fight it is more tedious.

Just do no t go underneath it and problem is solved.

Alright, I've been really fortunate to get tons of Blue Sentinel summons. I have 10 extra Proof of Concords Kept to give away! First come, first serve. If you're in need and on PC, quote me!

Sadly you can't give them away. You can drop them but other players cannot see them I think.

Yeah, I agree. Even for the more camera problematic bosses in Bloodborne they were just annoyances at best and not such a huge integral part of the fight to work against.

Ironically locking on actually helps at some parts, and doesn't in others.

Anyone know how you can PvP alongside friends? It looked possible from that Shrek PvP video I saw yesterday.
use the same password and a red soapstone.

Don't lock on, learn to guide your attacks with the control stick and every big boss becomes a joke. Phase 1 of that boss can be over in about 2 minutes, it's a joke.
Manage to beat phase 1 in a min ;)
might have used a former op weapon :p

generic_username

Just do no t go underneath it and problem is solved.

I know but 'do not do this problem solved ' is not idea of good game design is what I am saying. It is an easy fight once you realize its quirks but I am arguing that does not make it a well designed boss fight.

Yeah, I agree. Even for the more camera problematic bosses in Bloodborne they were just annoyances at best and not such a huge integral part of the fight to work against.

Ironically locking on actually helps at some parts, and doesn't in others.

This is my problem. This has never been too big of a problem in past souls games as much as the first phase of this boss.

This is my problem. This has never been too big of a problem in past souls games as much as the first phase of this boss.

Hmm, not sure if I agree. I had regular problems with Bloodborne and the camera. Camera would always get caught behind the bridge when I fought the Cleric beast off the top of my head for example.

Nameless king, it was annoying, but I at least knew where I was. More than I could say about my experience with Cleric Beast.

I actually really liked the A
ncient
W
yvern
fight. It was like, a level where the boss was the level hazard and you had to go through it while avoiding his attacks and fight normal enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom