• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lamp

I have had the bloody wolf ring on and off since getting it and I'm now 60 hours in and at level 66 and still have never been summoned for Farron. Why the fuck does From insist on having these types of covenants? Is it working for anyone else?

Holy CRAP!!!!

You can farm TITANITE SLABS!!!!

I'm sure other people knew this, but I just discovered where to get these things just now

The fat golden angels on the roof.

Edit: Damnit, just read that they drop one for beating them!!!!!!!!

Only in Dark souls 1 can you farm them in it takes like an hour just to grind 1.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
is the crucifixion woods this game's darkroot garden? got invaded by a blue and red phantom there.

Tryin my best to help blue dudes with way of the blue + dried fingers, but you are doing a very poor show.

I even had a guy who was afk, what a waste of summon...

is the crucifixion woods this game's darkroot garden? got invaded by a blue and red phantom there.

Yes.

I have had the bloody wolf ring on and off since getting it and I'm now 60 hours in and at level 66 and still have never been summoned for Farron. Why the fuck does From insist on having these types of covenants? Is it working for anyone else?

Too high.

Even with the Nvidia hotfix the game still freezes for a good 10 second when entering the Road of Sacrifices. And yet my shitty old laptop with an AMD doesn't suffer from this problem.

GulAtiCa

Oh, just got another Blade summon. Got a free concord too. Either the invader left or they died. Either way, 1 set closer for that!

Gaz_RB

Anyone try a run through the game as dual wield only or no shield? Viable/fun?

My first character was my usual greatsword character but I've never done a no-shield run in these games.

Is it weird I'm already considering my 2nd character when I still haven't beat the game on my first? I'm close though, I think.
At Lothric Castle, and finished Untended Graves.

I went Katana wielded in two hands and no armor. Fun as hell. Definitely viable.

I also switch to the claws and that shit is some of the most fun I've had in a souls game

Floody

What armor are people rocking?

Currently using Artorias' armor. Got Ornstein's today but it's too heavy for me to use efficiently.

Some really beautiful sets on this game

Rocking the D
ragonslayer
Armor/Gauntlets with L
orian's
Leggings and D
ancer's
Crown, looks pretty decent, though am still looking for a better Helmet to go with it.

GulAtiCa

I really hate the invaders who play hide and seek. Stop wasting my time please.

Funny enough, I just did that to someone who invaded me. I literally just wasted his time for 10 minutes. Hiding on top of an elevator. Granted, I then fell to my death afterwards, so he did get the last laugh. I was kinda doing something else, so his invasion wasn't that important for me. Just made me laugh.

w0s

I'm rocking the dancers outfit. I just think it looks cool. It is super light though. Before that it was the winged knight set.

N
ameless
K
ing
can go fuck himself. First phase is a piece of cake, can barely get him down to half health in the second.

Some of the shortcuts in this are totally pointless. As if they threw in superfluous bonfires and shit to make the game easier. I'm definitely loving it, but every 3-4 shortcuts are completely useless because of how frequent you come upon a bonfire

N
ameless
K
ing
can go fuck himself. First phase is a piece of cake, can barely get him down to half health in the second.

On NG++ this entire fight is the worst. His health pool is actually absurd. I was going for the platinum but this boss might be the end of that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Some of the shortcuts in this are totally pointless. As if they threw in superfluous bonfires and shit to make the game easier. I'm definitely loving it, but every 3-4 shortcuts are completely useless because of how frequent you come upon a bonfire

Yup. They dont seem to understand what exactly was good about Dark Souls 1's area design, because they havent duplicated it yet.

.Anema

Hey GAF!
I finished Dark Souls like 3 weeks ago and tonight I just finished Dark Souls 2. My body is ready for more Souls so, should I play Dark Souls III or try Demon's Souls?
I don't want to make a LTTP thread, please help me :D!

Floody

Hey GAF!
I finished Dark Souls like 3 weeks ago and tonight I just finished Dark Souls 2. My body is ready for more Souls so, should I play Dark Souls III or try Demon's Souls?

I always say play the early games first in a series, so you don't play the more refined versions first, although that's too late, I'd still say try Demon's first though, going back after 3 will just make the ''problems'' stand out more.

Beat N
ameless
K
ing
today. Fairly fun fight, but going through the comparatively easy first stage every time got tedious quickly. Now to grind for covenant bullshit.

Hey GAF!

Demon's first. It will be tough to go back after DS3.

.Anema

I always say play the early games first in a series, so you don't play the more refined versions first, although that's too late, I'd still say try Demon's first though, going back after 3 will just make the ''problems'' stand out more.

Demon's first. It will be tough to go back after DS3.

What about the playtime/length of Demon's Souls compared to Dark Souls / Dark Souls 2? (Thinking in one playthrough, no NG+) I'm thinking of playing it first since I have it for free thanks to PS+ and wait for a Steam sale for Dark Souls III.

The Lamp

I think I'm going to cry.

My Soul of an Old Demon King is missing. I need it for the fire spell. I killed him and I unlocked his transpositions but it says I don't have one!!! WTF where did it go ;_;

Is there anyway someone could give me theirs? Noooooo! I'm a pyromancer ;_;

Tingle

I think I'm going to cry.

My Soul of an Old Demon King is missing. I need it for the fire spell. I killed him and I unlocked his transpositions but it says I don't have one!!! WTF where did it go ;_;

Is there anyway someone could give me theirs? Noooooo! I'm a pyromancer ;_;

You can't drop boss souls for other players, you are on your own, I'm afraid.

You probably used it for the great hammer or consumed it by mistake.

Echoplx

Didn't DS1&2 make you play through NG++ to get the platinum as well? Why is it a problem now?

In DS2 you only had to go to NG++ if you didn't want to do the covenants, and even then you only had to get halfway through the game and buy them not scour every level for them.

The Lamp

You can't drop boss souls for other players, you are on your own, I'm afraid.

You probably used it for the great hammer or consumed it by mistake.

I didn't get the hammer. I must have consumed it somehow :( but I'm usually careful about that

What really pisses me off about these games is not the difficulty, it's the finicky nature of items and quests. My Sirri quest failed but then she apparently reappeared and then failed again? Meanwhile I can't find Anri anywhere even though I did her shit right.

Ugh.

Tingle

I didn't get the hammer. I must have consumed it somehow :( but I'm usually careful about that

What really pisses me off about these games is not the difficulty, it's the finicky nature of items and quests. My Sirri quest failed but then she apparently reappeared and then failed again? Meanwhile I can't find Anri anywhere even though I did her shit right.

Ugh.

Are you sure you fought the right demon? There are several demons, each with their own souls.

Floody

What about the playtime/length of Demon's Souls compared to Dark Souls / Dark Souls 2? (Thinking in one playthrough, no NG+) I'm thinking of playing it first since I have it for free thanks to PS+ and wait for a Steam sale for Dark Souls III.

I think my first play through was around 50 hours, that's doing all bosses. Dark Souls was around 65 for me.

How Long to Beat has it at around a similar playtime.
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2439

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom