• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tingle

I agree with this. I think I died 5 times on Ancient Wyvern, 3 of which were failed plunging attacks, but I liked that the "boss" wasn't really the "boss". Yorhm was kind of boring though, I pretty much tanked it whilst Siegward did all the work.

I think Wolnir is a great design and perhaps the best way that kind of boss in the series could've gone (Dragon God, Bed of Chaos).

I'm somewhat convinced they deliberately made
Yohrm
a cakewalk so
Siegward
could handle the boss on your own for the first playthrough. If the boss was hard, there would be a big chance of him dying easily.

neoism

I really hope the Heide Knight armor set shows up in one of the DLCs.

gaUyXZh.png

What a bad ass kit.

to tell you the truth DS3 has really disappointing fashion souls... Ive only found a few good mixes... plus there isnt as many good looking female looking armors..

fucking looove the ninja pants but still not all the happy with armors... really hope dlc has a lot more...
these are my favs throughout the game
2BZBGTE.png

pBs1M5y.png

jnamzk1.png

fucking love the dancer helm lol

I'm somewhat convinced they deliberately made
Yohrm
a cakewalk so
Siegward
could handle the boss on your own for the first playthrough. If the boss was hard, there would be a big chance of him dying easily.

That's assuming you did the S
iegward
quests. I missed the whole
saving him from the well
part so I had to fight that giant bastard myself. He was pretty damn hard.

Tingle

That's assuming you did the S
iegward
quests. I missed the whole
saving him from the well
part so I had to fight that giant bastard myself. He was pretty damn hard.

I didn't do the quest either, but I am saying they probably wanted to make sure the boss was still tankable by
Siegward
in case you did do it.

Kyne

The most important tip is to get them to chase you into a group of enemies..

lmfao.

literally every invader does that. I'm not sure who's the bigger fool. The person falling for it or the person who thinks that anyone in their right mind would fall for it. I have the patience of a saint and if you want to run off into a swarm of enemies I will either sit my ass down and bait you, or pop a seed.

I make this face every time it happens.
bakuman20a-620x.jpg

Final tip: if you encounter a host without summons, or if they have summons but let you fight one on one, for the love of god, please don't be a dick and run off to heal behind enemies. You're never getting better odds than one on one, no heals, so please don't reward their generosity with being an asshole You are giving all invaders a bad name and in the long run will make host parties feel justified in engaging in preemptive dirty play. I mean, I don't mind some mutual dirty play, but if you don't like that style of play yourself, don't encourage it.

"Giving invaders a bad name"? Are you implying they already don't? Invaders are invading, there is no honor code.

lmfao.

literally every invader does that. I'm not sure who's the bigger fool. The person falling for it or the person who thinks that anyone in their right mind would fall for it. I have the patience of a saint and if you want to run off into a swarm of enemies I will either sit my ass down and bait you, or pop a seed.

People are greedy. They will chase you for a final blow and miss, then get ambushed.

Also, if you pop a seed, it means the invader can easily drag the enemies to you, run past, and shift aggro to you

myco666

I'm slow.

I really don't get how you take it that slow.

My first run through this game took me about 54 hours. I did a lot of co-op and exploring
and yet I still managed to completely miss Smouldering Lake and Archdragon peak

Finishing the game with those hours sure. Gbraga how ever just finished Cathedral of the Deep with those hours and that area is fourth(?) area in the game.

GulAtiCa

Invaders a bad name? Invaders have no bad or good to them. They are invaders. :p

Though, other then that, I agree with your list. I find 1v2 or 1v3 more enjoyable in the Cathedral of the Deep. Esp in that area where
you are WAY above everything else, above the curved rafters
. I've seen plenty of hosts just fall off.

Also, unrelated. But as a Mound Maker. It's really fun to just push people off ledges who think I'm still on their side. Aka, don't stand near tall ledges near me. lol

mephixto

Banned
My head cannon says otherwise. In my mind,
he left his armor there because he fulfilled his promise and don't need the armor any more. And went back to his house in undead settlement.

Mine says I tore him apart in his cell.
I missed the encouter on the Ithyrill kitchen so the quest line broke.

I agree with him, if I get a change at a 1v1 with no healing I'll take it, those changes are very few.

I understand people who like it, but there is simply no honor code. Don't expect people to follow it. If people do, cool. If they don't, can't really complain about a nonexistent rule

Pejo

Damn, R
apport
is easily the most overpowered spell in the game right now. I have been having such a good time replaying areas and just using it to create all kinds of hilarious encounters.

I've killed all of the bosses except the final one, so I'm going back through to farm for weapons/armor I missed during my blind playthrough. Some of these are a bitch to farm, but it's kinda nice that usually they throw a lot of farm-able enemies next to bonfires and boss rooms. Haven't started farming covenant items yet, I'm still hopeful that patch 1.06 will make that less painful.

bronk

Banned
As someone who has over 100 invasion wins, I decided to write up some tips for people struggling with invasions where you are going into 1v2 or 1v3 situations. So please enjoy hydrophilic attack's guide to gittin gud at invasions

The most important tip is to get them to chase you into a group of enemies. Almost all levels have bits with groups of pretty strong enemies that are really useful when fighting several other players at once. Once you get them to follow you there, running away will often not workc for them, because some of these enemies will chase them relentlessly. To get the host party to chase you you need to annoy them enough so that they don't just choose to wait you out instead. Spam the carvings over and over. Use insulting gestures. Shoot at them with arrows. Get in there, take a few hits and then run away to make them chase you for the kill. 90 % of the time it will work, but 10 % of the time you will be unlucky enough to invade a group of friends playing together. They can usually be a bit more patient, because they are probably on voice chat shooting the shit so waiting them out is difficult. That's ok. Next invasion will be easier.

Realize that most who need to summon help are scrubs and will make scrub mistakes. Specifically, it is very common for people to R1 spam with no regards to stamina, then try to back away with their shields raised. In these situations you only need one or two hits on their shields to break their guard.

Don't wait too long to get started. It's fun to invade in the early-to-mid game. People have less healing and haven't finalized their builds. This can get you some relatively easy kills.

Choose the right spot. It goes without saying that you should choose a level you know well. That makes it easier to figure out where the host is based on what enemies are dead. Furtho, you won't have to hesitate about where you need to lead the host party to get the upper hand. Also, make sure you don't invade too close to the boss. You don't want to choose a spot where there is a high probability that the host will reach the boss within a minute after you spawn.

Try to separate the host from their summons. Try to get one of them to chase you down a drop with enemies below. That way, the summon who followed you can't quickly get back to their friends. The host will have to choose between watching their friend die or dropping down in the pit with the enemies.

Use the environment to your advantage. I described in the previous point how to use drops to your advantage. Now I'll use the Catacombs as a case study for other ways to use the environment to your advantage. It's an invader's heaven, and just a funhouse full of little tricks you can play. I'll spoiler tag it in case someone hasn't gotten there yet.
You can trick them into getting hit by the rolling skeleton ball. Since you get estus back from defeating summons it may even be worth it to take some damage yourself if it can lure an enemy phantom low on health to their death. You can trip the pressure plates to deal a lot of damage to the host or summons. Since you deliberately activated it yourself, you know when to dodge. You can start breaking the pots that release the dark damage spells. They will exclusively target the host party. You take no damage. There is an area with a lot of these pots and some pressure plate trap. This is a great place to lure them to because many people don't realize how dangerous it is before it's too late. You can lure them to the bridge just before the boss. Stick around for awhile, then watch them get ganked by the army of skeletons that appears. If they try to escape across the bridge, cut it down.

Final tip: if you encounter a host without summons, or if they have summons but let you fight one on one, for the love of god, please don't be a dick and run off to heal behind enemies. You're never getting better odds than one on one, no heals, so please don't reward their generosity with being an asshole You are giving all invaders a bad name and in the long run will make host parties feel justified in engaging in preemptive dirty play. I mean, I don't mind some mutual dirty play, but if you don't like that style of play yourself, don't encourage it.

Final final tip: if you don't enjoy invading, don't force yourself to do it for the sake of some silly trophies. Life's too short.
This is the best advice right here. I knew you were gonna bring up the catacombs. That was where I did most of my invading. So damn fun doing all the things you posted. Spamming the emote Here! Here! Here! Here! Non stop riled them up for sure. I also agree about the 1 on 1 part be an invader with some honor. Lol fun times

Momentary

Banned
Holy CRAP!!!!

You can farm TITANITE SLABS!!!!

I'm sure other people knew this, but I just discovered where to get these things just now

The fat golden angels on the roof.

Edit: Damnit, just read that they drop one for beating them!!!!!!!!

MilkBeard

Holy CRAP!!!!

I'm sure other people knew this, but I just discovered where to get these things just now

Don't think you can farm them, you get one and that's it after killing them all.

Arjen

I understand people who like it, but there is simply no honor code. Don't expect people to follow it. If people do, cool. If they don't, can't really complain about a nonexistent rule

Oh definitely, I expect nothing when invading, that's why it's so refreshing when you find a 3v1 and the summons take you on 1v1

mephixto

Banned
Holy CRAP!!!!

They just drop 1 the first time you kill them. But you can always farm the 17k+ each.

Dimmle

Damn, R
apport
is easily the most overpowered spell in the game right now. I have been having such a good time replaying areas and just using it to create all kinds of hilarious encounters.

I've killed all of the bosses except the final one, so I'm going back through to farm for weapons/armor I missed during my blind playthrough. Some of these are a bitch to farm, but it's kinda nice that usually they throw a lot of farm-able enemies next to bonfires and boss rooms. Haven't started farming covenant items yet, I'm still hopeful that patch 1.06 will make that less painful.

I'm on NG+ running a build that integrates Rapport and it's a phenomenal time.

MilkBeard

I really hope the DLC brings some kind of Company of Champions covenant. It would add an extra layer of playability to the game for sure.

what are the best places to pvp?...are there areas like Dark Souls 2 where a lot of people place their signs?

Right after the
Pontiff Sullyvahn
boss fight. There are also a lot in High Wall of Lothric for high levels. Probably because NG+.

0racle

Guys, im at crossroad on what to do ! im trying to get as many trophies as I can and there seems to be conflicting info which I cant get both !

I want to get the gesture from YELLOWFINGER HYSEL but it says I need to give pale tounge to rosaria . This will block out SIRIS quest line though if I talk to rosaria right? can I complete SIRIS quest first ? what do I do?!

As mentioned above I need to choose one questline at this point so I cant get all the gestures etc.

What choice will yield the MOST trophies/items? does one sidequest negate more goods than the other?

Momentary

Banned
NOooooo!!!!

Welll on the plus side, I can get over 200000 souls per run to them. I'm getting 800000 - 1000000 souls per 10 minutes.

Bollocks

that game is a joke.
had it since launch, couldn't get past first boss, was out 10m after and haven't touched it since.
today I picked it up again, discovered that I had firebombs, so use them, died, whatever, new try. are you fucking kidding me? they are gone? no option to reload save either. so I try again and again and always die with 1/5 health left. been going at it for 1:30h
so I then said fuck this, created new character and used magic to cheese him, beat him in no time.
now I can finally enjoy the game, even if it is not the character I wanted.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Champion Gundyr is insane. I got him but it was a terrible, terrible fight. I'm guessing he doesn't actually have a Stamina bar?

test_account

XP-39C²
Holy moly! I got my first invade using Archild Faithful. Too bad that my build is now really bad since i'm trying to farm Proof of Concord, having like level 77 in Luck. I also got killed by a red phantom that used an AOE attack, trying to help him. Not sure if he did it on purpose, but i didnt get any reward :(

Other bad news, i farmed for about 30 minutes for Proof of Concord, having level 77 in luck, using Covetous Gold Serpent Ring+1 and popping a rusted coin for each bonfire rest. Guess how many Proof of Concords i got. Thats right, zero.

Dimmle

that game is a joke.
had it since launch, couldn't get past first boss, was out 10m after and haven't touched it since.
today I picked it up again, discovered that I had firebombs, so use them, died, whatever, new try. are you fucking kidding me? they are gone? no option to reload save either. so I try again and again and always die with 1/5 health left. been going at it for 1:30h
so I then said fuck this, created new character and used magic to cheese him, beat him in no time.
Ah, I remember my first Souls game.

MrS

Banned
Holy moly! I got my first invade using Archild Faithful. Too bad that my build is now really bad since i'm trying to farm Proof of Concord, having like level 77 in Luck. I also got killed by a red phantom that used an AOE attack, trying to help him. Not sure if he did it on purpose, but i didnt get any reward :(

Other bad news, i farmed for about 30 minutes for Proof of Concord, having level 77 in luck, using Covetous Gold Serpent Ring+1 and popping a rusted coin for each bonfire rest. Guess how many Proof of Concords i got. Thats right, zero.
You're right man. I tried for 2 hours and got nothing earlier after getting 3 in an hour prior to that. I have resolved to speedrunning the game 7 more times to get the concords I need for the plat. Shit sucks.

neoism

Holy CRAP!!!!

Edit: Damnit, just read that they drop one for beating them!!!!!!!!

should have just made them 10mil souls to buy or something

mephixto

Banned

For somew weird reason I have tons of those, but no luck with the vertebrae shackles.

tariniel

that game is a joke.

Oh man, don't get your hopes up on magic being the solution. My biggest tip is to try to dodge boss attacks by rolling instead of blocking/strafing. Most of the time rolling into the attack to get to the boss's side or back is the best method.

Exception for
Champion Gundyr
. He's such a cunt. It was rough with a slow weapon like a greatsword. I just took the kicks and healed.

test_account

XP-39C²
You're right man. I tried for 2 hours and got nothing earlier after getting 3 in an hour prior to that. I have resolved to speedrunning the game 7 more times to get the concords I need for the plat. Shit sucks.
Yeah, when i first tried to grind in NG, i got like 3 of those in 20 minutes. Now i have really bad luck. Beating the game 7 times might actually be faster hehe. If not faster, at least more enjoyable i'd say.

For somew weird reason I have tons of those, but no luck with the vertebrae shackles.
I think its just based on being lucky with the drops or not. I've gotten better drop rates earlier on, and i've read that one user here got all of them (30 units) in like 7-8 hours. I really wish that all convenants had items tied to manual summoning instead. That works fine and it would make things so much easier and plesant. If the auto summoning worked more frequently, then it wouldnt be a problem though, but it doesnt, at least not for me :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom