• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your messages only show up for others while online? I don't think I've ever had a message rated while I'm logged off.
Smouldering Lake is just fucking cruel.

So close to the damn ballista and they chuck fucking Black Knights and those ninja skeletons at you.

Wait, you can actually get to it?
Mind blown.

Oh no.

Horace

;________;

I must be a weirdo, I don't think I've encountered a place I've hated yet. I thought they all offered something unique and new and you had to play most of them with different strategies and man...even if they were frustrating I've not once been bogged down or loathed any of the places yet.

But yeah, that story I posted a page back is straight up my favorite thing that's happened in this game. So hilarious.

Me too dude, some levels are better than others but I enjoyed every one.
But I loved Farron Keep so what do I know?

And what the hell at the difficulty spike in the catacombs...makes me wonder if I should be in there right now...(level 40)

I just finished the catacombs at level 40 and felt like that was the easiest area of the game so far. What kind of build are you? What do you feel like the difficulty spike is?

Hmmm... Carthus Flame Arc can't be used on a weapon that is already infused? Damn.

Really? Dang, I spent money on that because I'm doing a Strength build and figured I could carry around a Pyromancy Glove and the Carthus Flame Arc just for quick buffs if I fight enemies weak to fire. But I'm eventually gonna Heavy infuse my final choice of weapon, so I guess I'll just stick to having Fireball as a backup.

A wild ride from start to finish, great tale!

I keep having stories like that, this game is unreal.

I used to go catch crabs with some family during our summer vacations when I was younger and I used to be such a dick and poke them and shit when they were in the bucket.

I deserve this.

We all pay for our sins.

Third OT should just be Dark Souls III I OT I You Get A Crab, And You Get A Crab, And You...

Malalaw

Is magic viable?

Ran a pyro build with (weapon spoiler even though everyone knows it's in the game)
Moonlight Greatsword
and really enjoyed it. Thinking of a magic build for NG+

Interested in this too, I've done strength, I'm doing dex and magic would be next if it's viable and not a chore.

I am running pyromancy, level 111 ATM and 50 int and 30 faith. I am having no problems with anything. I'm also using Illythil Rapier maxed to be able to conserve mana on regular enemies. I have a staff maxed and I do sorceries as well to mix it up. I beat
Abyss Watchers
in 20 seconds. I love this build, it is doing work for me.

I just finished the catacombs at level 40 and felt like that was the easiest area of the game so far. What kind of build are you? What do you feel like the difficulty spike is?

Really? Dang, I spent money on that because I'm doing a Strength build and figured I could carry around a Pyromancy Glove and the Carthus Flame Arc just for quick buffs if I fight enemies weak to fire. But I'm eventually gonna Heavy infuse my final choice of weapon, so I guess I'll just stick to having Fireball as a backup.

I think if the weapon is infused with an element it won't work, shame really.
Magic weapon works on my sharp uchi

Why are there SO MANY WAYS to break
Siegward's
quest line?! I lit the
Dungeon
bonfire after going down there to beat the invader at the entrance.

Is there any way to save
Greirat
?

Can anyone spare me an
Emit Force
?

At this rate I'm worried this character may not defeat the
Tauros Demon past the tower in Undead Settlement
without incident during NG+3

What the fuck why is there a crab here why do I keep finding crabs everywhere why don't you go back to your home crab

"this area is a little bland but lets make it interesting by having a giant enemy crab rush their shit down" x3 (so far on my playthrough)

Meanwhile, all the awesome mutating guys in the beginning, which made you think they'd be a factor all game,
don't come back until much much later.

They're actually way closer and safer in this game than before. Try running back to Seath in DS1, that one has invisible paths and some strong enemies inbetween. Or O&S. Bed of Chaos. Artorias.
Pontiff
is just a short walk with no enemies.

Uuugh... Seath has a bonfire pretty much right outside doesn't it. Just before those clam dudes?

O&S was such a bitch. Took like 5 minutes of running to get back to him. Dying was punishing enough. I'm glad the bonfires are closer now.

Exploresque

Neo Member
My biggest goof was probably fighting
Yhorm
without picking up the
Storm Ruler
. The fight took ages because all I could do was take potshots at his arms whenever he whiffed and eventually get a flinch, rinse repeat. Thank goodness I didn't die though.

Bruh, the I
rithyll
D
ungeon
tho....
Is there like no way to avoid this damage.

I just sprinted through the area picked up all the items and left it. I didn't fuck around there. Those enemies are such a Fucking waste of time.

Even worse is the area with 5-6 in a circle just walking fuck me talk about killing one at a time and pissing away 10 minutes of your life.

So I just tried the
Curse-Rotted Greatwood for the first time and he buttslammed me
to death. What am I supposed to do here? lol
Phase 1 strategy:
Get to Phase 2 as soon as possible, because there are no mobs in Phase 2 and you can do more damage faster. Phase 2 starts when you destroy the Greatwood's poison sacks in its dick area.
Phase 2 strategy:
Bait the spin attack by being a medium distance away, slightly to the side. The spin is very easy to avoid by backing up, and then you can attack the hand when it slams it over its shoulder.

In D
emon Ruins
bonfire location. I just learned the "My Thanks!" gesture
by it being taunted at me after I died.. Such blatant trolling!

Also, about this same area (massive spoilers even if you've already seen the area)
it's really obvious it's the same place as in Dark Souls 1 (just with a different layout), especially after already being spoiled about a certain other area.

Uuugh... Seath has a bonfire pretty much right outside doesn't it. Just before those clam dudes?

O&S was such a bitch. Took like 5 minutes of running to get back to him. Dying was punishing enough. I'm glad the bonfires are closer now.

Nope, it's miles away mate. You had to cross 2 or 3 invisible walkways, get past crystal golems and a whole host of clams just to have another try

j-wood

Does armor matter that much? My friend was telling me this is using the bloodborune system which really didn't matter?

ramyeon

Do I need to kill these ninja skeletons to reach the ballista and turn it off? I can't do it, they're the worst. Can't stay close because they never stop attacking, can't back off cause they do that stupid jump attack that has ridiculous range and takes of 3/4s of my health.

Hikami

Just got through the C
atacombs
, W
olnir
was another pretty easy boss. Not a fan of most of these areas so far honestly.

High Wall of Lothric
and
Cathedral of the Deep (just the inside)
are the only great areas for me so far. The rest have been pretty bad..

They don't look that great either. Just ran into the next area after the Catacombs though and it looks amazing (visually), hoping it's a good area.

Squishy3

Cathedral of the Deep question:

Where the hell is the switch to raise the bridge in the middle of the cathedral in the room the giants were? This is driving me absolutely insane.

Do I need to kill these ninja skeletons to reach the ballista and turn it off? I can't do it, they're the worst. Can't stay close because they never stop attacking, can't back off cause they do that stupid jump attack that has ridiculous range and takes of 3/4s of my health.
You can just run right by them if you want.

You should be able to just run past them.

I parry them and it works for me but I'm told that is like trying to parry a hummingbird

Rixxan

Just got through the C
atacombs
, W
olnir

High Wall of Lothric
and

They don't look that great either. Just ran into the next area after the Catacombs though and it looks amazing (visually), hoping it's a good area.

some of the more visually striking areas come at around the midway point and beyond

i agree that most of the initial fare was bloodborne/dark souls standard rehash

Where the hell is the switch to raise the bridge in the middle of the cathedral in the room the giants were? This is driving me absolutely insane.
It is located
directly next to it, on the second floor. To get to it, you need to take a particular path from the Cleansing Chapel bonfire.

MGrant

I agree about the ninja undead leaping motherfuckers, especially the two at once they throw at you in
Smouldering Lake before the ballista
, but nothing so far has given me as much trouble as the encounters at
Lothric Castle.

Remember the the toughest enemies you've fought in the game so far? Fight two of them at once. Multiple times. Then, go down these stairs and fight the bastard
outrider knight
again, since you haven't seen one in about 20 hours and probably won't remember how to fight him.

You can probably aggro them all the way back near the ladder and have the
ballista
actually kill them or just outrun them back to the
ballista
Honestly if you're not that dead set on doing it, it really isn't worth it.

MilkBeard

Lol. I just co op'd and the lag was really bad. The host was just coasting around like a statue, and when we got to the boss
Aldrich
, the damned boss wasn't even attacking, it was just sitting there, and then it would teleport and same thing. We beat it without taking any damage :s

Jombie

You can just run right by them if you want.

Take the elevator close to the second shortcut you unlock. Go up the tower and drop down on the buttress. Go up and look to your left and there will be an entrance to the scaffoldings. There will be a place to drop down and the lever is there.

No its not. You need to go up the elevator left from the bonfire the kill the dreg. The stay on that level you'll find stairs and a whole section up high you havnt seen yet.
Right, and then you drop down from the rafters onto a previously inaccessible area of the second floor where this lever is.

Exploresque

Neo Member
Just got through the C
atacombs
, W
olnir

High Wall of Lothric
and

Irithyll
has some neat level design because of the way it plays with your expectations of how you expect to be traversing the city. Lots of nooks and crannies to explore, and it feels good because like you said, the place is just so damn pretty.

ramyeon

God, I do want to kill these fuckers though. It's crazy, I had no trouble with the same enemy type in the C
atacombs
but it feels like they've had a ridiculous buff here. I can't even take one at one at a time.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I am running pyromancy, level 111 ATM and 50 int and 30 faith. I am having no problems with anything. I'm also using Illythil Rapier maxed to be able to conserve mana on regular enemies. I have a staff maxed and I do sorceries as well to mix it up. I beat
Abyss Watchers
in 20 seconds. I love this build, it is doing work for me.

That sounds awesome, I wouldn't even know where to start building a full mage. Do you have any boss kills uploaded?

Squishy3

It is located
directly next to it, on the second floor.
Well, I don't know how to get up to that side of it. Because there certainly isn't a switch where I'm standing right now.

Take the elevator close to the second shortcut you unlock. Go up the tower and drop down on the buttress. Go up and look to your left and there will be an entrance to the scaffoldings. There will be a place to drop down and the lever is there.
Thanks

They're actually way closer and safer in this game than before. Try running back to Seath in DS1, that one has invisible paths and some strong enemies inbetween. Or O&S. Bed of Chaos. Artorias.
Pontiff
is just a short walk with no enemies.

Damn, that means I missed a shortcut. I had to go through a small army of dogs and magic casters to get to him iirc.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Chuggers are the fucking worst. If you insist on having a 45 minute fight at least have the decency to not run across the whole area when you're getting that ass beat.

What y'all think of
Arstor's Spear?
I'm about to transpose
the soul of Curse-rotted Greatwood.

Curious about this too. I was debating using it for my Luck/Poison/Bleed build. Otherwise I was gonna go the other option since they're both Dexy as hell and I always feel like going Rapier/Estoc in Souls games for Dex is easy mode and boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom